My wife and I just came back from a week's vacation in the Orlando area to visit the Disney and Universal theme parks. We stayed at the Legacy Vacation Club property in Kissimmee, and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of our accommodations. We had read the online reviews, and had hoped for one of the recently renovated rooms. When we checked in, my wife advised the front desk that we were celebrating an anniversary, and requested one of the newer rooms, if possible. Also, we had originally planned to stay for 7 days, but decided to come a day early, and hoped to be able to stay in the same room for the entire time. The staff said that they would see what they could do, and to check back that afternoon.
When we returned from a long day touring the Magic Kingdom resorts, we picked up our key, and were happy to learn that we would be able to keep the same room for our entire stay. Our room (665B) was in the building next door to the one where the main clubhouse/lobby was located.
We were delighted to find that it had indeed been recently renovated - it was a nice, spacious suite equipped with a full kitchen (including granite counter tops), and a separate bedroom with a king size bed. Other features we liked included the large bathroom, Jacuzzi tub and in-room safe. To our surprise, there was a gift basket on the counter with a bottle of champagne, chocolates and gourmet coffee...the staff had even made a pair of swans out of towels and arranged them on the bed with flower petals! (If the management or staff read this review - thank you! We appreciated that.)
We felt very welcome during our stay, and the staff was always responsive to our needs. We didn't have daily maid service, but that was fine with us - when we needed fresh towels, we just called housekeeping, and they were delivered to our room. We really had no complaints during our stay. There were times when we could hear our next door neighbors talking or TV through the walls (tile floors aren't great for noise absorption), but it didn't really bother us...usually, by the time we got back to the room, we were exhausted anyway, and passed out soon after our heads hit the pillows (plus, we used a "white noise" app on an iPad)!
We didn't have time to enjoy some of the other amenities, like the pool and exercise room, but they did look nice and well-maintained.
Overall, I would not hesitate to recommend this property - it was an excellent value for what we paid for our stay. I am sure we will stay there again in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation in the heart of Central Florida’s most famous vacation destination – Orlando! Legacy Vacation Club Orlando located in Kissimmee, Florida puts all the magic, sun and fun virtually on your doorstep. You’re just minutes from the Walt Disney World® and Universal® Orlando theme parks, as well as the many other exciting attractions Orlando has to offer. Whether you need 1, 2 or 2-bedroom deluxe accommodations (2-bedroom deluxe suites sleep up to 8 guests), we’ll help you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Legacy Vacation Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Vacation Hotel Kissimmee
- Celebrity Hotel Orlando
- Celebrity Resorts Orlando
- Celebrity Resort Kissimmee
- Celebrity Resort Orlando
- Celebrity Hotel Kissimmee