“Great resort with a few flaws...”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My family and I stayed there for only two nights so considering all we could do and see it was a great resort. My wife and I can be picky but we would go back or recommend it to someone. Reading other reviews for months I was nervous because they seem 50/50, some say it was a perfect place and others say it was horrible. I was happy when we got there. My only complaint was the bathtub... My kids wanted to take a bath and because it was a jacuzzi tub I wasn't really feeling them sitting in a bacteria bath. Well they are 3yrs and 5yrs old so they couldn't understand my reasoning so I go to place the stopper in the tub to try to fill the tub up to see if it was really clean and there was so much hair and soap scum in that drain that it fill my hand. Well now my kids understood why I said no bath and was just as discussed as I was. I didn't report it because I was leaving early in the AM but if we were planning to stay longer I would have.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Naim M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was a little anxious after reading some of the reviews on this place but I am glad to say that our experience has been good. Like most high traffic timeshares you can easily find areas that need attention but this one is not that bad at all. The unit we got (3bed) was clean, spacious and everything was in working order. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: The showers and tubs are built up on platforms for some reason and you have a single step to enter t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

We could not be happier to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Kissimmee. We're glad that your accommodations were to your liking and clean & spacious.

Please accept our apologies if you experienced any inconveniences in the bathroom - we are renovating all of our units in order to make them more comfortable for all of our guests. Your comments about the bathroom have been brought to the attention of the team in charge of these renovations.

Please keep us in mind for future vacations, we would love to have you again!

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I choose this Resort, b/c Groupon offered a great discount on it. I needed a room/suite big enough for 4 Adults and 2 Children. I was able to book a 2 Bedroom suite, that also had a full sized kitchen, dining room, living room and washer/dryer. The washer/dryer was a great bonus. The only negtives were the following: The Immediate area, before getting to the room, needs some sprucing up. The stairs looked very worn out. One of the adjoinging doors, to our suite, was locked and we had to call the front desk to have Security open the door. One of the bulbs in the Bedroom was out, so Maintenance had to come to replace the bulb. The A/C in the main part of the suite was not working well, so the Maintenance person had to come and fix it. Whenever you turned on the water in the Kitchen Sink, there was a loud rattling noise and water leaked from the spray hose. Lastly, on the 2nd day, there was no water throughout the Suite and I placed a call to the front desk and they sent someone over to have it fixed.

3  Thank Michelle N
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The unit assigned had mold and after checking out two additional units we basically had to settle for one of the three units offered. At our expense we purchased mold killer and cleaned the bathrooms. We did ask for one of the newer units around the office but were told that there were none available even though we explained that both myself and husband are highly allergic to mold. My understanding was that the units around the office are newer which could possibly have less of a mold situation due to their age, unfortunately most of the entire resort is very old, the units we selected from had mold (Including the one we had to settle for) with soiled furniture. The units I viewed were out-dated with a hit or miss type of renovation. I did read the reviews prior to coming, but not before I exchanged for this resort and was truly wishing that those reviews were wrong. On the plus side there are lots of areas on the grounds to swim and play outside games. The bed was clean which was a good thing because I could not sit on the dirty couch in the living room to watch it there.

Room Tip: This resort has a long way to go before anyone can give a tip for a good room, I wasn't able to...
2  Thank CHERYLYNMAC

Hi Cheryl,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology that your accommodations did not meet your expectations. Please note that this is not the experience we pride ourselves on providing our valued customers. We’re working to improve, and our management team gave the best service possible given the circumstances. We were able to adequately accommodate your party even though unfortunately it took a few tries to make it right, allowing for a pleasurable vacation experience.

We encourage you to contact us to discuss this matter further. Please call 407- 997-5000 to speak to a resort representative about your experience. Rest assured that your feedback is very important to us.
Thank you once again for taking the time to convey the details of your stay. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

It's coming to the end of our stay and we are having a great time here at Legacy vacations. Our villa is more than roomy for the four of us. Their grounds are clean and well maintained, the location is close to WDW and Universal and the staff is simply wonderful. Rob the bartender is exceptional at his job and is an asset to the resort. We were offered to do the timeshare tour but declined and we were not bothered about it again. Four pools and plenty of BBQ grills are a plus too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jack F

Hi Jack,

We're pleased to hear that you've had a great stay with us here in Kissimmee. Thank you for the kind comments regarding our accommodations, grounds, amenities and especially staff. Ron our bartender is a crowd favorite - we'll certainly pass on these compliments to him!

We hope you'll keep us in mind when planning future vacations - we'd love to see you again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

There was so much hair in the pool - this is not a resort. I can't believe they even charge a resort fee. The people next to us were so loud that they woke up my kids - when I told the front desk clerk he told me that u should have gotten a two bedroom villa, then I wouldn't have had the problem of neighbors. We went to the " Mini golf course at 7:00 pm and they were closed for the evening. The movie at the pool was cancelled as well. If you want to stay at a resort in Orlando with two bedrooms stay at the Caribe Royale - it is fantastic

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Melbbeach

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies that the resort and our amenities did not meet your expectations. Please note that this is not the experience we pride ourselves on providing our valued customers. We’re always working extremely hard to improve upon areas that need enhancements, and our management team strives at providing the best service possible but unfortunately our resort and team fell short during your stay. I would like to take this opportunity to address some of your concerns posted.

We do have an outside company who services all of our pools daily and your findings are completely unacceptable and if this condition was brought to our attention the issue would have been corrected immediately.

I apologize for the noise levels while staying at the resort. We do have 24 hour security and our team should have contacted security immediately to address the noise complaints with the adjoining guests. Our activities department is open from 7 am- 11pm but our onsite activities team is available from 10 am- 8pm. There are times our activities team members are not present and available at the activities center to pass out equipment and sometimes due to a sponsored event, the team member may be at a different location of the resort. Proper notification should have been posted on how to retrieve equipment in their absence.

We normally do not have cancellations with our resort movies unless it is due to rain but under those circumstances our alternative plan would be to host the movie at the activities center. Again, I apologize for the lack of communication and direction involving our onsite amenities and sponsored activities.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will give Legacy Vacation Club another opportunity to regain your business and confidence.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights with two Kids 1 bedroom with a good king sizer but 1 dubble seat - bed of bad quality.
Staff at arrival nice and friendly. The room was not located in the main hotel but was located in a separate wing, on the other side of te busy and dangerous road. A reason the children did not go to the hotel simming pools.
Another swimming pool close to our room was located next to the busy road.. Unpleasant dirty feeling and not at all the feeling of a so called 'Resorrt' ' but rather cheap motel.

Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Tommebee
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Tommeebee,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations at the Legacy Vacation Club in Kissimmee.

Based on your feedback it appears that our resort, Legacy Vacation Club at Lake Buena Vista, would have been a better selection and choice for your vacation. The resort is located closer to Disney but set back away from all the heavy commercial traffic. Although the resort is smaller it would have provided a much quieter setting for you and your family. Unfortunately, the unit design would have been similar but again I believe that at the Lake Buena Vista location, the traffic and noise levels would have been minimal to what you encountered at our Kissimmee location and ultimately would have provided you with the resort atmosphere you were looking for.

Thank you once again for taking the time to convey the details of your stay.