“Everything's Super Duper”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
Sarasota, Florida
“Everything's Super Duper”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It's coming to the end of our stay and we are having a great time here at Legacy vacations. Our villa is more than roomy for the four of us. Their grounds are clean and well maintained, the location is close to WDW and Universal and the staff is simply wonderful. Rob the bartender is exceptional at his job and is an asset to the resort. We were offered to do the timeshare tour but declined and we were not bothered about it again. Four pools and plenty of BBQ grills are a plus too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jack F
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hi Jack,

We're pleased to hear that you've had a great stay with us here in Kissimmee. Thank you for the kind comments regarding our accommodations, grounds, amenities and especially staff. Ron our bartender is a crowd favorite - we'll certainly pass on these compliments to him!

We hope you'll keep us in mind when planning future vacations - we'd love to see you again.

Best regards,
Legacy Vacation Club

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Reviewed August 12, 2013

There was so much hair in the pool - this is not a resort. I can't believe they even charge a resort fee. The people next to us were so loud that they woke up my kids - when I told the front desk clerk he told me that u should have gotten a two bedroom villa, then I wouldn't have had the problem of neighbors. We went to the " Mini golf course at 7:00 pm and they were closed for the evening. The movie at the pool was cancelled as well. If you want to stay at a resort in Orlando with two bedrooms stay at the Caribe Royale - it is fantastic

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Melbbeach
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies that the resort and our amenities did not meet your expectations. Please note that this is not the experience we pride ourselves on providing our valued customers. We’re always working extremely hard to improve upon areas that need enhancements, and our management team strives at providing the best service possible but unfortunately our resort and team fell short during your stay. I would like to take this opportunity to address some of your concerns posted.

We do have an outside company who services all of our pools daily and your findings are completely unacceptable and if this condition was brought to our attention the issue would have been corrected immediately.

I apologize for the noise levels while staying at the resort. We do have 24 hour security and our team should have contacted security immediately to address the noise complaints with the adjoining guests. Our activities department is open from 7 am- 11pm but our onsite activities team is available from 10 am- 8pm. There are times our activities team members are not present and available at the activities center to pass out equipment and sometimes due to a sponsored event, the team member may be at a different location of the resort. Proper notification should have been posted on how to retrieve equipment in their absence.

We normally do not have cancellations with our resort movies unless it is due to rain but under those circumstances our alternative plan would be to host the movie at the activities center. Again, I apologize for the lack of communication and direction involving our onsite amenities and sponsored activities.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will give Legacy Vacation Club another opportunity to regain your business and confidence.

Best regards,
Legacy Vacation Club

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Kortrijk, Belgium
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights with two Kids 1 bedroom with a good king sizer but 1 dubble seat - bed of bad quality.
Staff at arrival nice and friendly. The room was not located in the main hotel but was located in a separate wing, on the other side of te busy and dangerous road. A reason the children did not go to the hotel simming pools.
Another swimming pool close to our room was located next to the busy road.. Unpleasant dirty feeling and not at all the feeling of a so called 'Resorrt' ' but rather cheap motel.

Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Tommebee
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Tommeebee,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations at the Legacy Vacation Club in Kissimmee.

Based on your feedback it appears that our resort, Legacy Vacation Club at Lake Buena Vista, would have been a better selection and choice for your vacation. The resort is located closer to Disney but set back away from all the heavy commercial traffic. Although the resort is smaller it would have provided a much quieter setting for you and your family. Unfortunately, the unit design would have been similar but again I believe that at the Lake Buena Vista location, the traffic and noise levels would have been minimal to what you encountered at our Kissimmee location and ultimately would have provided you with the resort atmosphere you were looking for.

Thank you once again for taking the time to convey the details of your stay.

Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As soon as we checked in we had our 1st bad experience. We had called a couple weeks in advance to ask for a room on the main property but when we checked in they put us across the street where there was only 1 pool and all the activities were across the main road on the main property. This would have been ok if we didn't have young teenagers that wanted to do stuff all day long and you couldn't let them cross the main road by themselves becuase it was a dangerous road. We asked the person who checked us in if there was any possiblity they could switch us to the main property at some point and he said absolutely not they were completely booked. Once we got into the room then came our next bad experience. The room smelled like a barn full of animals it was horrible. Then the master bedroom bed smelled like fish when we went to go lay down. We went out and purchased air fresheners for the room but they did nothing to get rid of the smell. We ended up going to the front desk to complain when we got back to the hotel in the late evening. They said they would have someone come over with fresh linens and air freshner. They came pretty quick but just sprayed the room and dropped a bag of linens in our room. I asked the guy if he was going to change the sheets and he said he doesn't do that we would have to change our own stuff. Being that this was our 1st night and we hadn't even slept in the bed I didn't feel we should have to change the sheets. Once again we called the front desk and they told us the night people weren't trained to change sheets but they were easy enough for us to do ourselves. We are on vacation why should we have to change bed sheets on their mess up? Needless to say we didn't sleep in the master bed that night we slept next to our kids. The next morning we went to the front office and asked for a manager. The manager was helpful and put us in a new room on the main property around noon. Unfortunely, we killed 1/2 our day waiting around for the new room. Amazing how the day before when we had asked for a room on the main property they said they couldn't do anything for us the whole time we were there. The only other complaint would be that in the hot tub by the gym the filter cover at the bottom was lose and could be dangerous if a child would get their foot stuck or if there is anything electrical under the cover so beware! As far as location you are very close to many diffrent restaurants and atttractions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nikki H
Dear Nikki H.,

We're very sorry to hear of your disappointing stay with us at the Legacy Vacation Club in Kissimmee and would like to apologize for what sounds like a series of failed service recoveries on our part.

At Legacy Vacation Club, we're committed to providing a quality resort along with exceptional customer service. The treatment you and your family encountered is certainly not indicative of how we do business. We value the comments of our guest to keep us at our best. It disappoints us to know our team did not respond and address your accommodation concerns at check in.

Unfortunately during your stay our resort was at full occupancy and we may have been limited with room types available on your check in day. In most cases we do an extremely good job under the toughest circumstances to accommodate everyone. I am glad to hear our management team the following day addressed your room issues and were able to accommodate you in the location of your preference. Again we apologize for the less than positive vacation experience and we hope you will allow us another opportunity in the future to regain your confidence with our resort.

Kind Regards,
Zanesville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

8/8/2013. We are here now. Can you give me the link to TRIP ADVISER to leave a comment about one of your wonderful employees. She made this years vacation so very special for me and my family and my daughter's girls, who lost so unexpectedly in December. Her name is Serena Hernandez. She went above and beyond to accommodate us. I need to tell our story. This year and last year she help make it possible for us to visit on the times we were able to com, and on very short notice. My granddaughters haven't had smiled and laughed so much since their mom passed away in December. Last year I had cancer and I didn't know if I would be able to make it here or not. But as soon as the Dr. gave his ok, I called down her and they put me in touch with Serena. She worked her magic and were able to come. I give God all the glory, but I believe she is our special angel, on his behalf. When she found out that my daughter passed away, she sent me such a thoughtful e- mail of sympathy and prayers on behalf of her and Legacy Vacation Club. You have no idea what a relief of stress that was for us. So today, the girls pooled their money together and begged us to stay an extra night. I went online and couldn't find the same unit that we needed. So I went over to the fromt desk, got in touch With Serena and she worked it out for us. The girls made her a Hugh sign and I sent the picture to her. We are taking it to her office tomorrow and she can meet my precious granddaughters, who appreciates everything Serena has done for us. It is bittersweet without my daughter with us, but we made new memories this year. We didn't think we would be able to come back here. We have been coming for, this is our 15 years. She is an asset to your resort and to all who know her. Thank you, Legacy Vacation Club for your kindness and going above and beyond you have to do. We hope to see you next year too. They swam with the dolphins and went to Sea World, but we had to leave Sea World after only 5 hrs., because they wanted to come back here to socialize with their new friends and enjoy the things you have to offer here. So, we came back. Anything to put a smile on their face and whatever makes them happy at a time like this. Even for a short whild. We will never forget your kindness. We have told everyone about this place and many have come her and loved it also. Thank you again. I just want this to get to the right people. I didn't know an e-mail to get this to the TRIP ADVISER. God bless. Our hearts are full right now, thanks to Legacy Vacation Club and Serena Hernandez. I do want to say, they we never met her in person until last year. But, we feel like she is part of our vacation family. This is our15th year here and we have seen many changes, but it is only getting better, with employees like her. She speaks VERY highly of this place. She is the reason we came back this year and last yewa, but this year was so hard to even plan anything. So she did the work for us. Please let me know if this is who I send this to and pictures of our family so you can see how these young teen age girls we able to smile, relax and have fun. Even for a minite, it was worth it.

Like · about a minute ago
Sue Randy Wolff The Wolff family from Zanesville, Ohio. Sorry, forgot to sign my comment above.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Hi Sue,

First and foremost, we're very sorry for the loss of your daughter. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave these details about your stay with us here in Kissimmee. We're absolutely thrilled to read that Serena was able to provide you with excellent customer service, especially at a time when it is most needed. Reviews like these are what keep us motivated and driven to keep providing our guests with the best vacation experience possible...thank you.

Please keep us in mind for your future vacations. We look forward to having you and your granddaughters visit our resort again.

North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a party of eleven. Five children and six adults. I was able to get three separate rooms. When we arrived at the Resort We asked if maybe we could put our rooms somewhat together. They bent over backwards for us. We received a one bedroom with a pull out couch with a full kitchen for one family and we stayed in the lockout unit, just right for my husband and myself. Our other Children also got a one bedroom with a pull out couch and a full kitchen. Perfect. Our Children were very pleased with their rooms. We spent a lot of our time in the Beautiful Pool behind the main lobby. Plenty of room at the pool considering we were eleven. I really want to thank Alex and Taylor for all their help. No complaints. See you again soon!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

THANK YOU for this 5 star review! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here in Kissimmee.

We're especially happy to read about how pleased you were with our staff members. Customer service is our number one priority and we will most definitely mention this review to Alex and Taylor.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave these details about your stay. Please keep us in mind for future vacations!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The room was better than I expected. The location was perfect. The amenities was great. The best part was the staff. They had great recommendations. Ashlee, Brittany, and Jessenia made us feel so welcome. When we weren't sure what to do, they kept us entertained and made sure we had a great time. I would definitely recommend this place. The staff really made sure it was the perfect vacation.

• Stayed August 2013
Stephanie C, Guest Relations Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Hi Colleen,

Thank you so much for this 5 star review! We're so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Legacy Vacation Club in Kissimmee. Our location is indeed convenient and we're so glad this was something you appreciated.

Our staff members are some of the best! Customer service is our number one priority and we love to see that Ashley, Brittany and Jessenia made your stay comfortable and fun. We'll be sure to pass on these accolades!

Please keep us in mind for future vacations!

Legacy Vacation Club
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Seasons Florida Resort
Star Island Resort and Club
Star Island Resort and Club
#22 of 152 in Kissimmee
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Lake Buena Vista

Been to Legacy Vacation Resorts? Share your experiences!