“Don't stay here!”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

After traveling with two small children for 19 hours you really just want to check in and enjoy your room. Not so much here. The website says check in is at 4 pm...its a lie! Don't plan on a fast check in at all. You nay end up waiting hours...

• Stayed August 2012
9 Thank madvacationer13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Booked Legacy Resort through RCI. I have used RCI numerous times and have always been satisfied. I found Legacy on their site and after some research decided to give them a try. It was my wife and three kids in our party. So I called the resort directly and asked how big their studio suite was. I was not so interested in a kitchen etc as we usually like trying different places in the Kissimme/Orlando area. They informed me it was plenty big enough for a party of five so I took them at their. Flew Frontier to Orlando which I must say is probably one of the best airline trips I have ever had, they are top notch. Arrived at the resort late Friday night. Check in went smooth. After that the resort was down hill. The "studio" was a hole in the wall. Two double beds in one room, and hallway with a bathroom, then another room with a pull out couch. The TV in this room only received three channels, and both TVs were extremely small and obviously at least 15 years old. The bathroom was outdated with the shower door not working properly. Carpet was extremely outdated as well. Not once during our seven day stay did anyone stop by and empty the trash cans. Not once did anyone come collect the dirty towels. On the last morning there someone tried to come in our room to clean at 7am even though check out was 10am. There are dozens if not more places to stay in the area that offer much better service and quality. Don't stay at this one.

7 Thank Joe K
Fremont, Ohio
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This vacation was a cheap get a way for our family of 6. I booked on hotwire, which I usually do whenever we go away. However with this property being booked we were unable to get a two bedroom. We made it work, and determined to just be grateful we could get away. The pictures they show are of "owner suites". Not where you will stay just booking online. They will also want to sell you a time share. In order to get discount tickets, you will have to sit through their time share presentation. The primary reason for our family choosing a villa, is to cook. The kitchen is sparsely equipped. If you only eat cereal, toast, coffee or pasta, it is fine. We had to make a trip to Wal Mart and get some cheapie kitchen supplies, like a casserole dish . We like to make a big breakfast on vacation and there was no frying pan. So pack one of those. The room was clean, and decent. It was newly painted and updated. The fixtures are builders grade, but fine for a family vacation. My major issue was that when we checked in, I would have preferred the clerk tell me up front that we were not going to be able to have a 2 bedroom, instead of leading me on to believe we had a two bedroom. Also we didn't enjoy the screened in patio much, due to the large remodeling dumpster in view. If you are going to the parks and not going to be there, or just need a super cheap get a way. It is fine.

4 Thank psalm1375
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We booked our holiday stay in Orlando at Legacy because I waited so late to trade our time with RCI and it was the only thing available. I was concerned because of other reviews on Tripadvisor but we wanted to be open minded and give them a try. We were very disappointed with the overall stay. The room we had felt old and warn, but it was also dirty. The carpet was dirty and damaged by the dining room table and this caused a tripping hazard. There was a large outdated Jacuzzi tub, with no shower curtain. The tub had a step that made it very difficult to get in and out without feeling like one could slip and fall. There was a hand rail but it was so far back on the wall that the only thing you could hold onto was the towel rod, another safety issue. The shower head face the wall so you had to leaf into the Jacuzzi seat to wash your hair and body. There was a strange glass window behind the tub that had mold around it and a very sloppy caulk job. This gave a great view of an air conditioner unit, photo attached, and the AC unit also let to a closet in the bedroom. The master bedroom offered a nice king size bed with pillows so hard they almost could not be used. The real concern in the bedroom was with the linens. The bed was made with a flat sheet and light blanket and another top sheet to make it look like a comforter. So to save money we are not provided with a shower curtain or bedspread! In the kitchen the outside of the refrigerator was dented and the water line for the ice maker was simply a hole in the wall with the water line exposed, photo attached.
I explained my concerns to MOD Todd Sylvester on Saturday night 6/23. He was very nice and even came to the room to take a look for himself. He said we had one of the rooms that had not been upgraded yet and told us we would be able to move to a new room on Sunday morning. I explained we had the tour in the morning to purchase a timeshare and asked him who I should be in contact with. He said, “ the front desk will already be aware we will be moving” and I should by after the tour. He apologized again for the condition of the room and gave me $10 in Legacy Bucks to play Mini Golf.
Sunday morning, with an open mind we took the tour but decided to wait on making a purchase. During the tour our guide took us to a model via the front lobby. It was raining and I slipped and fell on the front walkway. The guide was very concerned but I was ok. He suggested I let the manager know when I changed rooms is case I was sore later.
After the tour I went to the front desk to gather my new room key. I explained the situation to the representative who had to go get the manager. The manager came back to tell me there were no rooms available and said, “ You should have taken Todd up on the offer to move on Saturday night” and “people make reservations during the night”. She showed no concern for customer satisfaction as she turned and went to the back counter and started flipping through papers. She really just walked away. I told her I was very unhappy and felt that the staff at Legacy over promised and clearly under delivered with my stay . She said there was nothing she could do and said I should speak to Todd that evening. She was rude and unhelpful. While I was waiting for the Manager I mentioned to the other representative that I fell on the slippery walkway during my tour, and she said “Oh Sorry to hear that”. I did not follow up with Todd as my family said we could stick it out in the dirty room and make the best of it. I am not sure why she said there were no available rooms as there were more empty parking spaces during our stay that cars in the lots!
We had to sign a waiver stating that we would use the crosswalk to cross the very busy road in front of the resort, BUT there was no designated crosswalk!
There were construction workers installing or removing carpet from a unit near ours. We had 3 vans that had my car blocked but they quickly moved. They had the rolls of carpet foam on the ground next to my car. There were also construction workers by the “Owners lounge” pool that had the only walkway to the pool blocked with large pickup trucks. There were 2 x 4 boards thrown on the sidewalk by the pool that we had to walk around. Another tripping hazard! This is not what you would like to see while on vacation.
The other reviews are correct in the walls are thin. I was kept up by noise from my neighbors 2 nights. During my entire stay I felt like I should be very quite in my unit so they would not hear everything we had to say.
Positives were - The pools were nice and were never crowded. There were always fresh towels and enough chairs at the pools. Close to Disney 10-15 minutes and about 20 from Seaworld and Discovery Cove. Walmart 5 minutes.
Unfortunately, I would not recommend this resort even in a pinch as I was very uncomfortable with my stay and the lack of customer service and concern from the staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank djrobert55
LegacyResorts, General Manager at Legacy Vacation Resorts, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please accept our sincere apology that your resort experience was less than satisfactory. We can assure you that what you described is not the experience we want for our valued guests, and we take your feedback very seriously.

We have sent your comments on to the resort management team, who would like the opportunity to discuss this matter with you directly. We encourage you to contact the Assistant General Manager of the resort, James Coon, at your earliest convenience. You can reach James at 407-997-5000 Ext. 50002, or via email at james.coon@legacyvacationclub.com.

Once again, we apologize for not delivering the vacation experience you deserve as our valued guest. Thank you for providing this opportunity to address your concerns and resolve this matter.

Legacy Vacation Club
Chicago,IL
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family has been going to this resort for at least 15 yrs. Mind you I am currently in my late 30s. I have seen this place change ownership many times. They have recently in the past few made some updates. We have been members since inception. The restaurant is still the same low and slow pace and quality, since it began. But you don't go to Kissimmee for such things as nice restaurants and activities. This place serves its purpose for good location, good price, nice pools, and family atmosphere. The premises is dark, but I have never felt afraid, you must aware of your surroundings anywhere you go.
Yes the check-in/out is and has always been loooong. Watch your bill. But overall, I do believe for those yearly family vacations, they do ok. You have to pay for Wi-Fi (yikes). No one uses a landline anymore anyway, but its free. They try to have activities on site. I do miss the tennis courts, but they have volley ball with sand. I just wish they could improve the quality of the food at the restaurant. It comes in handy for those who do not wish to go to Disney and want to have a lazy day by the pool. But the drinks, are okay. I hate that I missed Karaoke there. Its ok, its doable if you're watching your budget, and the accommodations are comfortable. Just make sure you inspect unit upon arrival(thoroughly, including the sheets). Over the years, we have encountered some experiences, but most of them have been good. Only one incident was outrageous, but overall its okay. We're due there again, July 2012. See you by the pool! (Man I miss the hot tub too!)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank WindyCityFox
Bath Springs, Tennessee
Reviewed July 7, 2012

After reading some of the reviews on this resort I was very concerned. Especially since I read them all after I had booked a 3 BR Unit for our family vacation. But we were not at all disappointed. If there was an issue, they gave it prompt attention, there were no bugs or smells in our rooms and the 90 minute presentation that we sat through for discounted Disney tickets was not as high pressure as I thought. Only thing that surprised me was that there was not Wi-Fi in the rooms. But 4 of our guests had Wi-Fi on their phones so I didn't have trouble connecting to the internet :) Kids loved the pools - Sauna didn't work though and the hot tub near the volleyball courts was really dirty. But there were other hot tubs to choose from :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family of four just came back from vacationing at Legacy Vacation Resort and had a wonderful time.

The resort has a range of rooms to rent, beginning with a standard hotel room to a townhouse. There are three very clean pools with a fitness room, activity center for the children and a small miniature golf park. The resort is very close to all theme parks. We never drove longer than twenty minutes, but the traffic is awful because we were so close.

We rented a two story townhome that was also clean and comfortable. The layout has the living area downstairs and bedrooms on the second floor. The full kitchen comes with dishes, serving ware and pots. Probably a good idea to bring your own mixing set and an extra pot. The room also comes with a washer and dryer. All tastefully decorated.

The staff are friendly but not helpful. When ordering extra supplies. The cleaning staff never dropped it off. We had to go to the check in area to receive. No big deal, just don't expect that extra service. Speaking of extra service, since it's considered a resort also don't expect daily cleaning service. Frankly,I prefer to do my own cleaning, but others may think different. Another item that bothered me was no internet access from your room. You have to walk to either the main office or activity center. Since there close to all rooms, again it's not a big deal. I just rather go on my computer in the privacy of my own room.

What I did like was the quietness. With all resorts you have a variety of people who sometimes are not the best qualty. Once we entered our room, we heard nothing.

We would diffently go back and stay at this place.

Room Tip: When calling ask for an upgrade along a secluded section of the resort. I think it's the best a...