“Barely OK”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The room was clean enough, but all the rooms in the hotel are interconnecting and you can basically hear everything the people next door say. The air conditioner's main controls were in the other room which made for a very cold first night....otherwise the location was close to restaurants and supermarkets in Kissimmee within fair driving distance from Universal Studios. Beware of the an offer for a "free breakfast" which is a 90 minute presentation to try to sell you a timeshare.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank euroangelo
There are newer reviews for Legacy Vacation Resorts

Reviewed April 20, 2012

After seeing the beautiful pictures and good reviews I was expecting a beautiful resort and a great stay. I must say I was disapointed. My husband and daughter were in a 1 bedroom and my mother and sister were in another 1 bedroom. There were a lot of things that I didn't expect. Here are the pro's and con's of our stay.
Pro's:
1. very pretty room, nicely decorated
2. pool was great and part of it was covered so you didn't have to be in the sun
3. Great location of the resort. right off the main strip

Con's:
1. neighbouring rooms were connected by doors for people who wanted a 3 bedroom...which we didn't like because we could here EVERYTHING our neighbours did including showering, going to the bathroom and hearing their tv.
3. the only bathroom was attached to the bedroom...so if someone slept on the couch they had to go through the master bedroom to go to the bedroom.
4. DARK. no natural light, so the lights had to be on ALL the time.
5. no wi-fi in the bedroom. I had to go to the pool to get internet which was a big pain.
6. my mother's room, had no remote for the tv in the living room, air conditining was not working, (but was later fixed) no dishwasher soap, and half the dishes she was supposed to get.
7. Very noisy by the pool, the traffic is on the otherside of the pool...

Stayed at Orbit One other years, but it wasn't available this year, so we decided to try this resort. We were not impressed. Orbit one was better by far!

4  Thank Royalpainjane
Reviewed April 18, 2012

This is a nice resort, we did have a complication with our stay but it was promptly resolved by the management.

2  Thank larisa r
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Very noisy. We had the mini suite and it felt like the family in the suite next to us was in our room. We could here every word and I assume they could here us.
They would step out of there door to smoke and it would come in to our room.
When you enter the suite you need to step in and close the door before you can get into the living room area. The door completly blocks the hall.

1  Thank tony s
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Enjoyed the stay. The mini suite was small however it was also comfortable and budget friendly. You had to ask for service (which I didn't realize) and it was delivered promptly. Had the chance to visit 2 of the pools and enjoyed time in both. Visited a sister property to do laundry since no onsite laundry was available. It was free to do, the site was nice and I was treated as a valued guest at both places.

Room Tip: get it on the main property, and book the full unit if you want more space.
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We booked here for one night only which I was glad about as wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer. We had a mini suite which really was mini. The bedroom only had one tiny window so the room was really dark. The living area was small and rather smelly and again quite dark and dingy, the bathroom was ok. There was no balcony or anywhere to sit outside. The door to the adjoining next door neighbour was very thin hence you could hear everything so it was pure luck that our neighbours that night were quiet. The mini suite was clean but not sparkling and it was rather old. The beds were comfy but were advertised as queen beds which they clearly were not! Check in was painless. The small gym was well equipt and the pool areas were nice and clean however the water was freezing so I don't think the pools were heated. This is clearly a family resort with various entertainment, ie bingo, Karoke etc.and there were lots of kids. All in all ok for a stop over or longer if you are on a budget and don't want to spend long in your room. Our mini suite which had two double beds snd a pull out sofabed was $136 including resort taxes of $3.99 per person.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Vanillaskyee
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I was nervous after reading reviews of this resort but I went with an open mind. Check-in was simple and painless and we quickly had the key to our one bedroom condo on the lobby side of the resort. I had called a couple of weeks before our vacation to ensure that we got one of the lobby side newly refurbished rooms because it seemed like all the negativity came from those that had older rooms. Our room was very nice and very clean. It is my understanding that the previous owners (celebrity) had really let the place go and legacy has really done a lot in the short time they have owned it. We had a lot of fun at the main pool with activities for myself and my husband as well as my two kids ( ages 5 and 7). We also did the timeshare talk for $90 dollars in resort credit. They were not pushy.. We told them we were not buying and they only ask that we remain open minded. We did not buy but if we were the market for a timeshare I would consider this property. The only negatives I have (and they are minor) were that there was no safe even though we were promised one, and that there is no key to lock the patio from outdoors. We would have used our patio daily to get to the pool if we could have locked it, but since we had no safe for our money we couldn't leave the door unlocked.

The location of this resort was great, minutes away from Seaworld and Disney.

• Stayed: April 2012