“Had wonderful stay and planning to return soon.”

Legacy Vacation Resorts
Atlanta, Georgia
“Had wonderful stay and planning to return soon.”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

To be honest I too was skeptical about staying at this property after reading all of the reviews. However, to my suprise I found that my vacation experience was excellent. Check in was a breeze. When we arrived we were told we had a 3 bedroom villa as an upgrade on the main property however it had not been update. The extra space would of been nice, but we instead requested an updated 1 bedroom unit on the ground level that we had booked. Our request was honored and we received a renovated room. The property is under new management and positive changes are happening which is a very good thing and is a must in the Hospitality Industry. The whole unit was consistant with other reviews in that the villa was spacious. The kitchen and dinning room had a new tile floor recently installed while the bedroom did have a somewhat older carpet. The carpet was not unattractive however, it could of used a good deep cleaning if I had to say anything simi negative about the whole unit. The room was otherwise very very clean, the staff was very friendly and attentive. The bathroom was nothing special it was standard there was a pocket door and it was located in the only bedroom of the 1 bedroom villa. The jacuzzi tub and shower was not a problem. Many focused on there not being a shower curtain. I'm not too sure why because the shower head was detachable and could be used as a hand held if someone were taller than the standard height.

Pros: Here's an example of the level of customer service. On one evening the TV in the master bedroom wasn't picking up my favorite channel HGTV with one call to the front desk a repair technician was dispatched. After assessing the problem and I assume concluding that it was not fixable he returned with a flat screen TV a match to the livingroom TV. To me this was not necessary but plainly just great customer service and good business. As for the many comments on the ajoining rooms and the noise level. I didn't experience any problems there either. We were in the B unit and we never heard our neighbors in the A unit. Now as to if they heard our 4 and 6 year olds is another story. No, but honestly the family above us with small children too, we could barely hear them as well. I have heard more noise in my apartment days of yesteryear.

The grounds were beautiful and peacefuly quite. The activity center was suficient and the center directors were ready to assist in anyway possible. Amanda and Jon were great with the kids. Activities: mini golf, basketball, table tennis, board games, Wii, volleyball, fooseball, large walk upon chess game, exercise room, 4 pools ( main pool currently being renovated) and a host of planned daily activies most at no cost and other at a nominal cost.

While we did visit the Theme Parks we also spent time relaxing at the resort therefore, my experience comes from actual time spent onsite.

Than you Legacy Vacation Resort - Kissimee for fab vacation.

6 Thank 2jetset4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Derbyshire, UK
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I was a little nervous about my stay at this resort after reading a number of poor reviews. However, they were all to be proved wrong. The front desk staff were welcoming and helpful. The accommodation, a 2 bed, 2 bath villa, was beautiful, with a large living/dining room, a well equipped kitchen, large bedrooms - one with a jaccuzzi in its en suite and a lovely bathroom. The beds were very comfortable and there was no noise at night. The layout of the resort was good, everything was clean and well looked after. The one drawback was the lack of in room wifi, but things are changing fast at this resort and I think wifi will be in there soon. I am a timeshare owner, not at this resort, and I did not feel hassled by the reps - I politely told the rep I was all set up with timeshare and that was the end of the conversation. The place is close to restaurants, Sea World and the stunning city of Celebration. I would happily go back there next time I visit Orlando.

3 Thank PJ259
Land O' Lakes, Florida
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I booked our trip through book it and after reading reviews I was a bit skeptical about staying here.

The name of the hotel did change, but if you look for the actual address it's the same place. Oh yes, the hotel directions are off a bit - it's not I-4 exit 64-A; they renamed it to Exit 64; if you go past it you have to go a few miles too far and then have to drive around a bit to get back to 192.

From the entrance to the back of the hotel they are doing improvements and renovations which is a good thing it means they care about it and are doing upkeeps/upgrades.

From other reviewers I expected the room to be miniscule, but it turned out to be quite spacious with 2 rooms and a nice sized bathroom. The beds were nice and everything was really clean and the bathroom had a huge tub with jets in it. The "family" or living room had a pull out sofa bed and a mini kitchen - we didn't know or we would have brought our own drinks/snacks.

One problem we noticed was - the TV in the living room didn't work and we weren't there long enough to worry about it, we just watched tv in the bedroom.

The AC was very poor quality. It took going down to 60 degrees to even get the rooms to cool off because the Air flow was minimal. With the Florida heat/humidity it's imperative for the AC to work efficiently, so that was the only real complaint we had.

The door in between the units that can be opened if you get 2 rooms did make it very noisy at night when the other guests did come in and out of their rooms and we could hear everything going on next door even with the TV on in our room.

Also, before you get a parking pass you do have to go through a time share question but if you do the 2 hour tour you get something like $100 and a 3 day/2night return stay voucher, which we would have done if we were staying for more than 1 evening.

2 Thank Unseen33167
Haverstraw, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2011

To be fair, the room was spacious and had everything that we needed, and the location was fabulous. But...
1. We were located across the street from the main resort area. The pool was attached to a bar and on a busy street.
2. Directly outside of our door, in the parking space just feet from us was a LARGE dumpster. What did this mean? Every time we opened the door we had mosquitos and fruit flies make their way into our room. Not to mention the smell.
3. The walls and floors/ceilings were paper thin and I could hear the conversations that the people upstairs were having.
4. The room was painted in the ugliest mud brown shade. And pained so many times that the doors stuck and were hard to open or close.
5. No internet access.

4 Thank Dayzy77
Charleston, SC
Reviewed March 21, 2011

First, we booked this under the name "Celebrity" but it has changed its name to "Legacy". That made it VERY frustrating to find as we kept driving past "Legacy" looking for "Celebrity." Check in was quick but we were sent to get the parking pass from sales people trying to sell us a unit. Not cool. There was no information packet to tell us any policies or procedures for linen exchanges or checkout. We had to ask for a list of directions to the surrounding area. These are things most timeshares offer at the checkin process or have in the unit. There was also no phonebook to reference. We were in the units across the street from the office. Obviously the older section. Internet was only available in the office section and it was down when we tried to use it. The unit was very large but the smell was overwhelming when we first opened it up. That dissipated after we left the doors open a while. The cable TV went out several times, which was also frustrating.
There was no dish cloth in the kitchen but there was soap. We had to use paper towels to wash anything. There was no pitcher to make beverages in. There was a stacked washer/dryer, which was nice. We were so busy in the parks we never cooked anything but breakfast. There were minimal utensils.
The main bathroom had a whirlpool tub with a shower head in the corner. There was no curtain or door and you had to squish up in the corner to take a shower. The tub itself was VERY slippery and VERY hard to get in and out of. The bathroom door would not close. The bed was hard and the linens worn, as was everything else in this unit. The secondary bathroom had a glass enclosure around the tub but the tub side was so tall my mother had a hard time getting in and out.
There were no activities planned or information about the area. The small pool on our side of the street was always packed. It was attached to a small bar/restaurant, which seemed to be busy. When the internet was down across the street they said the restaurant had access but the bartender would not give me a password unless I bought something.
Location was good for this resort with easy access everywhere. We went to a Super Walmart when we first arrived and I would not recommend it. It was a Sunday night, late, and the place was absolutely packed. All we needed was milk and juice and checkout took 30 minutes. There was a Publix nearby but we never went there. It might be less busy, though.

2 Thank Labpyra
BATTLE CREEK MICHIGAN
Reviewed March 8, 2011

pool closed for renovation, tub leaked, jets not working, 2 small pools, 1 is next to very busy traffic, other very small, not enough chairs for people that were there, people sitting on concrete. while it is being upgraded we would not have stayed if we had known there was construction it is noisy and not enough room at the pools

3 Thank jgieske347
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I stayed at Celebrity Resorts in Orlando Florida booking through a vacation package website and it was related to a timeshare discount... we agreed to do it based on the price.
When I arrived I was surprised that the nice part of the hotel was not where we got booked, they pushed us into a hotel portion that was on the left side of the front entrance of the hotel not renovated and had stained carpets and was just nasty mold on the shower walls etc.. It was awful and was a repo timeshare room.
They refused to refund us our money or let us stay in the better portion like on their website has. Dont get scammed and stay away from this celebrity scammers

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family