To be honest I too was skeptical about staying at this property after reading all of the reviews. However, to my suprise I found that my vacation experience was excellent. Check in was a breeze. When we arrived we were told we had a 3 bedroom villa as an upgrade on the main property however it had not been update. The extra space would of been nice, but we instead requested an updated 1 bedroom unit on the ground level that we had booked. Our request was honored and we received a renovated room. The property is under new management and positive changes are happening which is a very good thing and is a must in the Hospitality Industry. The whole unit was consistant with other reviews in that the villa was spacious. The kitchen and dinning room had a new tile floor recently installed while the bedroom did have a somewhat older carpet. The carpet was not unattractive however, it could of used a good deep cleaning if I had to say anything simi negative about the whole unit. The room was otherwise very very clean, the staff was very friendly and attentive. The bathroom was nothing special it was standard there was a pocket door and it was located in the only bedroom of the 1 bedroom villa. The jacuzzi tub and shower was not a problem. Many focused on there not being a shower curtain. I'm not too sure why because the shower head was detachable and could be used as a hand held if someone were taller than the standard height.
Pros: Here's an example of the level of customer service. On one evening the TV in the master bedroom wasn't picking up my favorite channel HGTV with one call to the front desk a repair technician was dispatched. After assessing the problem and I assume concluding that it was not fixable he returned with a flat screen TV a match to the livingroom TV. To me this was not necessary but plainly just great customer service and good business. As for the many comments on the ajoining rooms and the noise level. I didn't experience any problems there either. We were in the B unit and we never heard our neighbors in the A unit. Now as to if they heard our 4 and 6 year olds is another story. No, but honestly the family above us with small children too, we could barely hear them as well. I have heard more noise in my apartment days of yesteryear.
The grounds were beautiful and peacefuly quite. The activity center was suficient and the center directors were ready to assist in anyway possible. Amanda and Jon were great with the kids. Activities: mini golf, basketball, table tennis, board games, Wii, volleyball, fooseball, large walk upon chess game, exercise room, 4 pools ( main pool currently being renovated) and a host of planned daily activies most at no cost and other at a nominal cost.
While we did visit the Theme Parks we also spent time relaxing at the resort therefore, my experience comes from actual time spent onsite.
Than you Legacy Vacation Resort - Kissimee for fab vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vacation in the heart of Central Florida’s most famous vacation destination – Orlando! Legacy Vacation Club Orlando located in Kissimmee, Florida puts all the magic, sun and fun virtually on your doorstep. You’re just minutes from the Walt Disney World® and Universal® Orlando theme parks, as well as the many other exciting attractions Orlando has to offer. Whether you need 1, 2 or 2-bedroom deluxe accommodations (2-bedroom deluxe suites sleep up to 8 guests), we’ll help you feel right at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Expedia, Vacatia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Legacy Vacation Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Legacy Vacation Hotel Kissimmee
- Celebrity Hotel Orlando
- Celebrity Resorts Orlando
- Celebrity Resort Kissimmee
- Celebrity Resort Orlando
- Celebrity Hotel Kissimmee