“Excellent Value & Location”
Review of Beachtree Villas

Beachtree Villas
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I cannot speak for the past reviewers' experiences or which units they were inhabiting, only my own. I was a little nervous at first not knowing what to expect with reading some of these reviews, and also because it was our first experience out of a hotel/resort scene.

When we arrived at our villa located at the Laguna Bay complex, my wife and I checked all the water facilities, electrical utilities, appliances, air conditioning, windows, carpets, bed spreads/sheets etc. and all were in excellent condition. Nothing was broken or dirty. Furniture was in excellent condition as well. I breathed a sigh of relief. The villa was very charming. Ours was for 6 people. It had a living room, dining room, kitchen, laundry closet, corner hallway closet, 2 single bed bedroom with walk-in closet and hangers, master bedroom with attached bathroom and walk-in closet with hangers. The kitchen was well stocked with 6 plates, 6 bowls, 6 drinking cups, 6 juice cups, some cookware, and silverware. The bathrooms were stocked with 6 towels, hand towels, and wash clothes, and some soap. The villa was, overall, very clean.

As far as the dated appliances complaints - look it - you're on vacation and these are temporary quarters while you're away at the local attractions. If you're looking for 5-star resort amenities and to be waited on hand-over-fist or to not leave the premises for your stay(if that's what you call a vacation), you're in the wrong neighborhood. Steel convection coil stove vs. a flat cooktop stove does not constitute antique-ish appliances. So let's be realistic here. Minus cooking over a campfire, they accomplish the same thing - heat your food. Furthermore, I don't need a 55 inch flat plasma TV screen while I'm on vacation so I'm not expecting one, nor do I plan on watching one while on vacation. The TV was a regular flat panel console 27 inch and the kids were happy with that. Everything was fine and worked.

There is also a pool area behind the recreation building. The pool takes up to about 20 people or so, but there was never that many there, about 5-8 at any given time. (My kids swam there almost every day.) The rec building has wi-fi as did our villa. It also has a billiard table, reading area, work-out gym, and a sauna. It was clean and well stocked with local attraction brochures in the lobby. The villa grounds were well kept and set in foliage and not out in the open under the hot sun, though it was still hot and humid nonetheless.

Upon check-in (the check-in office is in a residential area about 1 mile away), we had been given a complimentary starter-bag of hygiene products (toothpaste, shampoo, soap) to start just in case if we had forgotten anything from home. But we had come prepared with our own amenities. Again, this is not a hotel, so be prepared and bring your own stuff from home and don't complain about it. If you forgot something, the location of the villa is perfect. It is in a gated complex away from the road and the main strip of attractions (about 2 miles), yet close enough to civilization. There is a Super Walmart and Target nearby for your convenience. The complex is about 20 minutes from the Disney parks and Universal Orlando (given daily traffic patterns). Perfect spot.

The value was just what the doctor ordered for a family of 5. I booked 12 nights (w/ AAA discount) back in January 2010 for our July 2010 stay. It was well worth it. We had no hidden charges charged to us or anything like that. Read your confirmation notice. It spells everything out in English. Charges are only hidden if you don't read the contract. If you don't read or ask questions, that's your own fault - so don't complain about it. If you're a slob that leaves a mess behind where ever you go, yes, they will charge extra to clean up after you - it's in the contract.

The only area of criticism I have is that there were a lot of (nesting) wasps around the foliage. One always kept creeeping into our confines everyday and I had to either capture/release or kill it. No biggie unless you have allergic reactions to bee/wasp stings. Then that would be a big concern. The other minor issue is that the outside fascade could use a power wash to get some of the insect nests or grass clippings off. Not a deal breaker.

Overall, me, my wife and 3 kids were extremely satisfied with our accommodations and would definitely recommend this to a family looking to save a little money while staying for an extended vacation. It's adequately furnished and conveniently located near everything (including a hospital) while maintaining some peace and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank PeterGM99

Reviewed January 22, 2010

What a horrible experience we had! The bathrooms were filthy!!! Mold everywhere. Bedroom screen broken, shower mat torn and black in spots. They give you 1 roll of toilet paper...you get to buy more!!! There were NO hangers in the entire unit!!! Glasses were chipped & cracked, oven was dirty. I could go on forever. When we pulled the sheets back I lost it!!! Live bugs and human hair...It was 12:30 am. There was NOT a full set of sheets available so I could change the sheets. I called the management and requested that they come over before the office opened the next morning. I wanted to be sure we weren't charged for broken kitchen ware and marks on the walls and furniture. This man showed up at our door @1:00 am!!! He screamed that the unit was beautiful!!! He grabbed the mattress and threw it up in the air, telling me it was cleaner than my house. I was in shock. We are 4 seniors traveling together. He told us to get out @ 1:30 in the morning!!! I called Hotwire and they really helped me out. I can't imagine how this place ever got 3 stars. The furnishings are very dated and cheap. The walls are bare, the tv's old with no guide, etc. Beware of the rating. Consider this your warning. Glad Trip Advisor added this category so I could rate this place!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kathy P
Reviewed November 22, 2009

Stayed in the unit with other adult family members. The unit had a large living room and kitchen area. However it looked very dated. The bathroom was filthy, mold growing in the window cell, dirty shower curtain and bathtub. The bedroom also had hair on the sheets and the bed spread was stained and looked awful. Our other family members had a unit that truly dated back to the early 80's. We cut our trip short as we refused to return to the condo for another night. Unit was not worth the price and I will stay clear of any more of their properties.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Things you should know about Beachtree Villas:

The office at 2545 Chatham Circle closes at 5 pm. If you have a reservation and want to check in after 5 pm, it's not difficult: they will leave your key in an envelope outside the office.

However, they can't accommodate special requests after 5 pm (such as delivering baby's crib to your condo -- which incurs a $25 fee, by the way).

The office building is indistinguishable from the residences on Chatham Circle. You really have to pay attention to the street numbers, or you'll miss it. They really should put up a sign that says "Beachtree Villas." When I checked in, the staff was a little too "generous" with giving out brochures for tourist attractions. I think they get some revenue this way.

My condo was located in Royal Palm Bay Villas (1.3 miles away from the office on Chatham Circle).

Pros: a spacious, clean condo. Nice landscaping at Royal Palm Bay Villas, including a pond with an illuminated fountain. I was able to get free WiFi in some rooms of my condo (but maybe this was just a neighbor who didn't password-protect their router).

Cons: some of the furniture was cheap and uncomfortable. Some of the kitchen appliances were made by Hotpoint (they work ok, but they are bargain-basement appliances). The decor is pretty basic. The tap water is heavily chlorinated (which may be true for the entire city of Kissimmee).

You may see little lizard/gecko-type creatures indoors. This is common for the Orlando area and not the fault of management. I thought it was pretty cool.

When I booked this lodging through Hotwire.com, the fine print warned me about an additional $25-per-night "resort fee" that is paid at the time of check-in. The good news is, the actual amount was only about $18 per night.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2009

When we first drove into the neighborhood where our condo was located, I was distressed at the run-down condition. I was put off by buildings that needed paint and windows with holes in other units. It certainly is not 3 1/2 stars. In fact, I would give it 2 1/2 stars at best.

Our great rate was sort of marred by the extra charges incurred. There was a $50 cleaning fee and they also charged $10 to "deliver" our rented scooter to the condo, although we later learned that the rental company actually delivered it there themselves. The condo itself was spotlessly clean and mostly comfortable, except for the queen bed. That was hard on the edges and a "canoe" in the middle. Also, most of the TV channels did not come in properly, and there was no wi-fi.

The living room furniture was comfortable, but old. The living-dining area was huge, and the kitchen was well-equipped. The fridge was immaculately clean. The bathrooms were a good size and also very clean, but they were pretty old. The towel racks were falling off and the shower faucet in the master bedroom was coming out of the wall. On the other hand, the water pressure was awesome!

There were almost no other people in the entire complex, but we were of course just below some people who walked hard and late into the night. The full-size washer-dryer were great to have - we went home with clean clothes.

It was a good bargain for the rate we got, but not really what we like when we are on vacation in the Orlando area. We probably would not rent there again. You get what you pay for...

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Our family of four just spent five days visiting Disney World, Sea World, and Universal Studios. We are glad we stayed at Beachtree Villas. The accomodations were perfect for our needs.
We read the reviews of other guests and we were not disappointed. Their two bedroom unit allowed us to have a seperate bedroom for the girls which had two twin beds in it. AS other reviewers have noted the privacy of seperate bedrooms is great. Having two bathrooms was also a plus.
The size of the unit allowed us to feel like we were in our own home away from home. The location of the condo in relation to the parks was very good. Traveling back and forth to them was a breeze.
We used the kitchen mostly for breakfast and snacking which saves us money and time over going to a restuarant.
The staff at Beachtree Villas was very pleasant, helpful, and knowledgeable of the area. Since we were also visiting the Tampa area on the second part of our vacation being able to wash our clothes in the washer and dryer within the unit was another benefit.
Beachtree Villas is definatley a super value for the cost, and I would strongly recommend it to families.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank tripgirl1982
Reviewed June 5, 2009

I just returned from another excellent stay at Beachtree Villas.

This is our fourth time staying with them and we have enjoyed every one of our stays.

We have always been very satisfied with the cleanliness of the units. The location is excellent and the rooms as other guests have pointed out are very roomy. It is a great place to travel with your family or a group of friends. You can be together and at the same time have your own privacy just like home. You’ll also save plenty of money.

After so many visits I have gotten to know the people at Beachtree Villas. They are very nice and caring. I asked them about some of these comments about extra charges (I have never been charged one) and they said that the only time a guest would receive an extra charge was for something that had occurred during their stay. They told me that it was the last thing that they ever wanted to do and that they wish that they were never put in this situation by a guest. I asked them about the guest that wrote and said he didn’t do the burn damage to the couch and bed and that they didn’t smoke. They told me that they never said he smoked in the unit. They said he did the damage with a candle. They showed me a towel that was removed from his unit upon his departure. This towel had burn marks on it. It appeared that the towel was folded over into four because the holes were perfectly lined up and when you opened the towel up there were four damaged areas in the towel starting with three areas that were completely burned through to the final one that was almost burned through. They then showed me the pictures of the couch cushion with the burn marks in it. If that was my couch I would be very upset also. They said that all they ask is that guest be careful when using the units like you would do at home, and that when an incident happens that the guest reports it.

They showed me pictures of iron burn marks on the rugs. They even just had a guest place a hot oven rack shelf on a rug burning a straight line in the carpet and burning the carpet with a pot. They figured that the guest was using the rack to move the hot pot, then dropped the pot on the rug and then put the rack down on the rug to probably pick up the pot in a calamity of errors. They had a picture of the rug with the rack next to the burn and then the one with it fitting exactly in the damaged area proved their assumption. They said this guest also denied doing the damage.

I know that the units are inspected prior to all of their guests arrival as I had once arrived early and they said that I could have the room upon completion of it being inspected for use. I told them that they didn’t have to do it for me and they said they wanted to make sure the unit was both cleaned properly and checked for any issues that might need correction prior to me entering for my stay. They try to eliminate any issues that might affect your stay.

This is a small family run company and they are very familiar with their units. They said that the assumption that they charge the guest for things to make money is totally false and said they do not want or need the aggravation that the guest causes when they do reckless damage to a unit. They wish to never be placed in the position of having to charge a guest for damages but explained that they cannot afford to give great rates and then have the guest cause numerous dollars in damages. They would just like the guest to be responsible and use the unit properly and with respect. Should something does happen to advise them of the damage as usually it is both less costly to address than finding it themselves and now they need to scramble to correct it before the next guest checks in.

Anyway, I do not want to run on but I did tell them that I would write a comment advising people of my good experiences. Unfortunately, I was somewhat upset at what I heard and saw. They said that all too often that people when they are satisfied do not write positive comments because they feel that they have received what they have paid for, and that people who feel they have an axe to grind most certainly will write negative comments to try and hurt a business. I must admit that I fell into the category of not writing the positive comments I could have before. Sorry guys, after reading the negative comments I wish I had wrote the complimentary comments before.

Thank you, Beachtree Villas please bear with us. I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank DGF11702
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Liki Tiki Village
#27 of 155 in Kissimmee
Celebration Suites
#16 of 155 in Kissimmee

Been to Beachtree Villas? Share your experiences!