“Beware of bogus charges”
Review of Beachtree Villas

and 1 more site!
Beachtree Villas
USA
“Beware of bogus charges”
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Stayed at one of the complexes a few years ago and had a great experience. Unit was clean, amenities were plentiful, and price was great. The second time around wasn't quite the same. We stayed at another complex, which seemed older. There were less amenities, the unit wasn't very clean and we were charged for damages and things that we absolutely did not do. Very upset and disappointed about these charges and the fact that no one would listen to us about them. We seem to think there may be new owners or new management possibly.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Flo_Rida97

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Massachusetts
Reviewed March 13, 2009

This is not an actual hotel or condo development, but rather a business that owns condo units in several different facilities. So, different parties of people staying with this outfit might be at different developments miles apart with varying facilities. The pictures on tripadvisor are not of the development where we stayed, nor are the pictures on their web site. I don't know where they were taken, but not where we were staying. The condo we had was at a development where I think they only owned a few units. The pool was under construction but we were allowed to use the pool at the development next door, which was ok but every time we used it we had to explain to the management the complicated situation. There was no wireless internet available, even though I think they said it was included. But it was certainly comfortable while not luxurious, near to local attractions, and quiet. The management is not on site but at a house in a residential development miles away, and they are only open 9-5. The iimportant thing is to be aware that the pictures might or might not correspond to where you are staying.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank massma
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 5, 2008

I live in South Florida, so we go to Orlando several times a year. This is one place I would not stay again. I always read reviews from people who were upset because their feet/socks turned black from the carpet where they were staying. I actually expect it...it's not very realistic to expect the carpets to be steam-cleaned regularly. However, this was the absolutely nastiest carpet I have ever seen in my life. Old, worn, filthy, stains everywhere, and it SMELLED. I still can't believe someone would rent a condo out in that condition. It doesn't matter what the rest of the place looked like, because all you focus on is the disgusting carpeting. I knew the place was going to be bad when we got to the front door. I think the door used to be white, but now it's a dirty, scarred up, scuffed up door that hasn't seen a coat of paint in 20 years. As others have noted as well, all the furnishings are quite dated. This place needed a major overhaul.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Mississauga, ON
Reviewed September 19, 2008

I had found Beachtree Villas on Expedia and decided to check their website directly. The rate I got from them was fantastic - less than a single room at a Disney Value Resort! I was a little worried (To good to be true?) but decided to chance it.

Dealing with the Ladies at Beachtree was a dream - very polite and eager to answer my questions.

We've been staying at Timeshares and Villa rentals for years, most of which have been quite luxurious. Reflected in the costs. So, considering what we were paying per night, I was a little worried.

When we drove to the villas from the Check-In home, we were pleased. Yes, the place is dated - some of the buildings could use a fresh coat of paint; the carpets could be replaced; no granite countertops in the kitchen... . Yes, the amenities are few (only 1 pool...but I can only swim in 1 at a time anyways). We got what we were hoping for - 2 large comfortable bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, washer and dryer. And it was clean.

Because we drive down and have stayed in villa rentals before, I pack dish soap, laundry detergent, soap. As for toilet paper - WalMart is 5 minutes away and IT"S CHEAP!

The pool was never crowded - we were the only family there most of the time. I counted 50 lounge chairs by the pool plus 4 tables with 4 chairs each. Plenty of space!

Overall - luxury is nice, but it hits you in the pocket book. I'd rather spend my money on the entertainment (parks, food). We will probably be staying there again. If you have a family, it's much better than squeezing 4 or 5 in a single room with 2 beds.

• Liked — 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, washer & dryer!
  • Disliked — No other kids at the pool - we were the only family/people there.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank Gitzy
Lindenhurst
Reviewed September 13, 2008

Overall, the villas were beautiful. The spacious interior was full of amenities providing my family and I with all the comforts of home. My villa was so close to Disney, shopping, restaurants, etc. Everything was a true convenience. The front desk staff was extremely friendly; going above and beyond to answer any questions I had during my stay. Upon my arrival, they provided me with numerous suggestions on where to go, brochures, as well as a welcome pack!!!! It was a very welcoming experience and I would recommend Beachtree Villas to any family that is thinking of traveling to Orlando.

• Liked — Cleanliness and Spaciousness
  • Disliked — Having to go back home :-(
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank anndent71
TN
Reviewed August 27, 2008

Booked Condo via CondoRentals.com. Prepaid for 3 nights and 4 days in full, so I thought. The day before my trip, I received a call from Condo Rentals requesting that I call Beachtree Villas to let them know of my arrival time since their office closes at 5 pm. When I called, I was told that I needed to provide a credit card number for security (in case their is damage to their property). I gave them my debit card number in which they debited my account for $300. I was told that the charge would be credited the day after my departure, but they later indicated that my funds will be held in limbo for at least a week. Unlike most hotels and other rentals, these fees were never mentioned at the time of booking. I was told by Condo Rentals that the only other payment may be a $45 cleaning fee requested at the time of arrival. Also, when I asked Beachtree Villas management for paperwork indicating that my account will be credited by a specific date, they refused to provide me with documentation. I would never recommend this property to anyone because I question their business integrity, and it doesn't help that the property is a little old and has dirty carpets.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Everything except location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank serentrav
Kalispell, MT
Reviewed May 5, 2008

Traveling with two teen boys can be tough, especially when it comes to motels. We chose Beachtree Villas based on the good reviews, fairly close proximity to the theme parks, and the very reasonable price. In fact, the low price almost scared us away, we didn't think we could get a decent 3 bedroom "condo" for the same price as the cheapest Disney resort but we're sure glad we did it!

The check-in prcess was very easy. We arrived after the regular office hours but were still able to pick up our keys and do the actual check-in the following morning. The office was in a residential area but was very easy to find from the airport and from there it was only a short drive to the condo. We walked in and were immediately impressed by the nice furnishings and the cleanliness of the place. The living room had nice, up to date leather furniture, the dining room had a large table and chairs, and the bedrooms had a king, queen, and 2 twin size beds. All of the needed dishes and appliances were provided and in good working order. The beds were all made and extra pillows and blankets were provided. The only supplies we had to get were groceries.

Previous reviews have noted that the pool/hot tub are small. They are small for the size of the complex but in all honesty most people don't spend their Orlando vacation at the hotel pool. In the week we were there, we never saw more than one other family at the pool. The pool is very clean.

There was no internet available in the rooms but wireless access was free down near the pool. It was easy to take the laptop down by the pool while the kids were swimming.

The little convenience store offers a few basic necessities but not much. However, a Super Walmart and Super Target are both located within a mile or two. I would recommend the Target, it was much cleaner and friendlier than the Walmart!

The location was great for access to all of the local theme parks. There were some great maps available in the office and it was only about 10 miles to any park we wanted to visit and less than 60 miles to Cocoa Beach. The staff was also very knowledgeable about the local area and local wildlife and they were always willing to give great directions.

One little note, the rooms are all non-smoking, a fact that the online reservation companies don't list. So if you book through a major online company keep in mind that even if you request a smoking room you will not get one.

All in all, I can't think of a single complaint regarding the hotel. I would highly recommend it to anyone planning a trip to the Orlando area.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family