“Great Staff-Would stay again”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #11 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights over spring break. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We are fond of the Hampton Inn Brand as they suit our needs as a family. Clean rooms, a nice complimentary breakfast, comfortable beds and complimentary wi-fi.
This location is a newer location and was incredibly clean. The housekeeping staff was freindly and efficient. The breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn breakfast, as the kids love the waffle makers each morning.
The location was very convienent to the theme parks and all of the other tourist attractions with several restaurants close by.
We would stay again at this location.

Room Tip: We had a king suite which was bigger than the normal room, also enjoyed the parking lot side as it w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear badxl1200
Thank you for your informative and positive review of our hotel. We're happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We work hard to deliver exceptional service to every single guest that stays with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our second stay here. They were paving the parking lot, which made parking extremely inconvenient. Upon check-in, I was disappointed that they had already run out of chocolate chip cookies. My kids were even more disappointed. I don't know why they can't bake enough when their computer can give them an accurate count of the number of guests staying with them each night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you so much Jonathan B Davis for taking the time to submit a review about your stay with us. On behalf of Hampton Inn & Suites, please accept my apology for issues you had during your recent stay. I am sorry for the inconvenience you had with parking, and for the disappointment of not having cookies available upon check in for you and your family. We work hard to deliver exceptional service to every single guest that stays with us. We take every complaint very serious, feedback like yours allows us to learn from each mistake and improve. We hope that the next time you are in the South Lake Buena Vista area you will give us the opportunity to make up for this unfortunate issue.

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here from April 4-7 and had a great time. We were on the forth floor facing the pool. I had read some reviews about noise of kids running around but I have to say, while there was a little bit of that I didn't find it to be in the least bit of an annoyance. I think some people forget you are three miles from the number one family attraction in the world. There's going to be some kids around.

Now the room, it's pretty straight forward and standard hotel room. The beds are super comfy especially after spending LONG days at the parks. The pool is kinda small but efficient...again, most people are only staying here to rest between park trips to the parks.
The staff is SUPER friendly, Monique remembered my name everytime I saw here.
The location,as stated,is 3.5 miles from Disney,and an easy drive...no interstate 4 required.

All in all this is a good deal and a definite recommendation.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Doug S

Dear Doug S
Thank you for your informative and positive review of our hotel. We're happy to read how the team exceeded your expectations; we’d like to think that our hotel has some very nice amenities and features. We work hard to deliver exceptional service with a passion to every single guest that stays with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Our group of 150 was staying here for a school trip. My husband and I were not able to get a reservation as the hotel was full. When arriving at this hotel to meet with our group, MONIQUE at the front desk she said they just had a cancellation and went above and beyond to help me cancel my current reservations at another hotel so that I could stay here with our group. She was amazing! She even called me my name the next morning as well as another guest by name who was also staying there. How many front desk people actually take the time to remember the names of their guests? Monique was fabulous. She made my vacation so much better. Everyone at this hotel was very helpful and the suites were very large with extremely comfortable beds. Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BettyL433

Dear BettyL433
Thank you for your informative and positive review of our hotel. In addition, thank you for recognizing the service provided to you by Monique. She works hard to be the best at what she does and it’s a privilege to have her on our team. I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate you so that you could stay with your group. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

As a birthday gift to my son, I surprised him with his 1st trip to Disney World. Instead of dishing out an exorbitant amount of money to stay at a WDW Resort Hotel, we decided to stay at The Hampton Inn, for our 6-day trip. My son is 5, and my first impression of any hotel/restaurant is based on how he’s treated. He’s a seasoned traveler, and it goes a long way with me if he is also greeted and acknowledged. Monique at the front desk provided just that, with a very warm welcome when we arrived (which was greatly appreciated after a diversion to JAX due to storms in the Orlando area). We were given information on breakfast, hotel amenities including the gift shop, business center, fitness center, pool, and shuttle bus hours. Our room was cozy—perfect for the two of us, and having a mini-fridge as well as a microwave is certainly a bonus! The beds and pillows are honestly the most comfortable I’ve ever slept on, and everything in our room was spotless. While I won’t use the “top blanket” at any other chain, I do at Hamptons, because you know they’re cleaned between each stay. The only issue with housekeeping was that I reuse my towels. I can make two towels last a week, and I hang them up to indicate this. Regardless, they were still replaced each day. That seems wasteful and not at all on board with their “green initiative.” Each night we returned to made beds with my son’s stuffed animals arranged in silly poses—this was a wonderful way to end our long days. The breakfast was hot… and FREE! There was a good enough variety where even though the Belgian waffles were a hit; there was enough to change it up, each morning. I do wish that when I had phoned the hotel a few times prior to our trip, that the staff was more knowledgeable about the location/ taxi service/ alterative transportation options. Nothing a little research couldn’t fix. Overall, it was a wonderful trip and we will certainly stay here again whenever we visit WDW! Thank you!

Room Tip: If you're worried about the view in you're room, you're doing something wrong. Get outs...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachael H

Dear Rachael H
Thank you for your informative and positive review of our hotel. In addition, thank you for recognizing the service provided to you by Monique. She works hard to be the best at what she does and it’s a privilege to have her on our team. We're happy to hear she exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hampton Inns are a good value. We paid extra for a room with a pull out bed. The bed was unsleepable. It was the cheapest pullout I have ever seen. The food was one of the worst I have seen at a Hampton. All the clerk did was apologize when I spoke to him about it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Daisyjack11

Dear Daisyjack11

On behalf of Hampton Inn & Suites, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay. We strive to ensure our guests experience the brand quality that you know and love each and every visit, and we fell short of our goal this time. We take every complaint very serious, feedback like yours allows us to learn from each mistake and improve. We hope that the next time you are in the South Lake Buena Vista area you will give us the opportunity to make up for this unfortunate series of issues.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I was here on a Saturday and Sunday nights in March....the place was packed, bus loads of students. Melissa at the desk did a great job with everything, and all other employees I encountered very hospitable. My room was in great condition and very clean. Breakfast was too busy to really try. Internet was painfully slow as too many people logging on to handle I was told.

• Stayed: March 2013
Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear ColoradoYankee
Thank you for your informative and positive review of our hotel. In addition, thank you for recognizing the service provided to you by Melissa. She works hard to be the best at what she does and it’s a privilege to have her on our team. We're happy to hear she exceeded your expectations. We are also working to upgrade our bandwidth to insure that staying connected is as convenient as possible. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you in the future.