“Okay hotel, poor breakfast”

Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #10 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
London, United Kingdom
“Okay hotel, poor breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

The hotel was conveniently located between Disney, Universal and Seaworld. It's comfortable and good value. But the breakfast is terrible: sausages looked revolting, the orange juice tasted watery and food was served on disposable polystyrene plates. But for the price it was good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nicole B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Holidaze2020,

Thank you for writing a review for our hotel. While it sounds like your experience overall was very satisfying we are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. As you can imagine, we serve quite a few people every day and we do our very best to make sure that our food and beverage offerings are as appetizing as possible. I am truly sorry that your breakfast experience did not meet your expectations. We really appreciate your feedback and hope that if you are back in the South Lake Buena Vista area in the future, you would consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great family hotel. Everything is clean, staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is A+. Location is super, close to everything my family need and restaurants. Easy to go in and out of mayor roads. We spend 6 days/ 5 nights. I recommend to anybody is looking for a great hotel with a good price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Angel P
Dear Angel P,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed the time you spent at the Hampton Inn & Suites South Lake Buena Vista. We look forward to serving you the next time your travels bring you to the area. We truly value your feedback and your business.
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

After being up for 24+ hours, needed a place to crash for 1 night. They allowed an early arrival. Clean room. Oh so comfortable beds. Delicious breakfast to get our day started. Reasonably priced. Good location, but the traffic around it always seemed to be moving at a snail's pace.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank knockingon40
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was a great hotel. My family of four stayed 5 days/4 nights here just last week to go to disney. The room was a little tight in space, but still had lots of storage for our clothes and after all, we just slept there after the parks and it was fine for that. The hot buffet was a great money saver as the food in the parks is very expensive. It is slightly repetitive, but it's free so you really can't complain. We didn't use the pool so I can't speak for that. The only thing I would ask is please change your coffee service!! We used to buy Royal Coffee for my office and it is disgusting! I understand your breakfast is free, but I'd be willing to pay $5 more a night for Community Coffee. Even Parks Coffee here in TX is only $2 per pot. Other than that, it was a great hotel very close to the parks and about 1000 different restaurants. You have to try Smokey Bones BBQ across the street!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sarahg409
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

Went on July 10th 2012, spent the whole day on the parks, arrive to the hotel at 10 pm and after spending a LONG day, tired of walking and walking the thing you expect from your hotel is finding your room CLEAN. Guess what? The room was as I left it in the morning, wet towels, and beds the same exact way i left them when I woke up. I had to take a bath, dry my self with wet towels and then turn off lights so I couldnt see the big mess on my room. The front desk send me like 2 towels for my inconvenience and FINALLY send me 2 small pillows after leaving the cleaning room ladies a note for it 3 days prior. I returned to this hotel again after my last visit two years ago but I am very dissapointed and not comfortable at all with how things are managed these days. The breakfast is not as good as they say it is, scrambled powder eggs every single day, oatmeal with no brown sugar or cinammon even though i asked the lady in the hotel for it. Orange juice mixed up with water, e waffle maker doesnt work well, your waffles even get burned or not done because the clock seems not to work for several days. One more thing: WIFI service its HORRIBLE, the lowest speed you can ever have at a hotel it really gives you alot of nerve. NOT PLEASED AT ALL. Not comfortable and definitely not come back again after being a Hampton INN fan and advising every one to come to this hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Fernando7302
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Daughters basketball team stayed her for a tournament- location was fair. Hotel was clean, rooms on backside of hotel are a bit noisey at night with traffic from Oscela Pkwy-not terrible, but noticeable. Free breakfast is always a plus. It was standard assortment for Hamptom.Would stay again in the area, the price is right.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KLeaf65
Dear Kleaf65,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us. I am sorry that the traffic noise impacted your stay. The next time that you visit us please call ahead and we will be happy to place you on the opposite side of the building. We look forward to serving you the next time your travels bring you to the area. We truly value your feedback and your business.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Diamond Rewards member In town for business. My work required me to stay an additional 2 weeks. Called desk from work to tell them to count on my business for another 14 days. They said they could not accomodate me in the current room but would be happy to move me to a smoking room for the remainder of my stay. When I explained that I did not want a smoking room, they said they could 'clean' it and it would be ok. I said if that were the case why not rent that one out to the other guest and allow me to stay here!! Made too much sense. I am a Diamond member (for all that matters!). Could not believe the lack of logic on this staff. Have a complaint in to corporate. I will update....

Room Tip: Room was fine...service totally was lacking.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Walt613
, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Walt613:

Thank you for taking the time to complete your Trip Advisor review. Any and all feedback is valuable, it's how we grow and improve. So believe us when we say we appreciate your comments.

It looks like we missed a real opportunity to contribute to making you’re stay a pleasant one. I am truly sorry that we did not try harder to accommodate you during your stay. It is our goal to make every guests stay a great one and I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I have shared your feedback with our front office team and we have taken steps to ensure that we work harder to try to accommodate these types of requests in the future. Third, we hope you'll consider staying with us on your next visit to the South Lake Buena Vista Area.

No matter your choice in hotels, we sincerely hope that you have a memorable stay the next time you visit the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando - South Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!