“Worst Stay Ever!”

Ranked #89 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Greenville
“Worst Stay Ever!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The clerks are behind bullet proof glass. The keys didn't work and I had to go get new ones but still only one worked. The room next door had the door knob ripped off on the outside. The dead bolt didn't work on our door. Lots of dead bugs around the room. Live spiders and webs around the ceiling and corners. Peep hole leading to the room next door in the wall next to painting. It looked straight at the mirror which reflected the bed. CREEPY! We packed up and left within an hour of checking in! They refused to refund our money and charged us for one night. Avoid this at all cost!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Pat H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Overall a very dirty, poorly ran,bug infested dump. I have traveled for a number of years staying at hotels week after week and this one by far is the crappiest. The front desk staff are horrible to deal with and very rude. It felt like bugs were jumping on you as soon as you walk in the room. Very bad place. It is worth the difference in money to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013
5 Thank Guestnomor

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

White Hall, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2012

What a waste of money! Worst room ever. Don't be fooled by their cheap rates. You will regret it. Bed bugs, dirty walls, stinks, scary place, very unsanitary. We're only there for less than 2 minutes and left immediately. The positive comments by other people are not from actual guest. Most likely from the staff themselves or their families.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Abraham R
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I checked into Home Suite Home. Within days I had huge swollen bedbug bites. Of course, I did not have any before. The head of maintenance came and looked into the room and said he did not see any bedbugs. I was later told that bedbugs were not a "problem" unless they could be seen running on the floor, and "every room had some bedbugs". I told the front desk I was extremely allergic to them, as many people are, when I checked in. I can take prescription medication for the allergic reaction and swelling, but the drugs I had to take after the bites that I got at HSH hotel were dangerous to my health, I was also promised a refund that I never got. I spent 6 hours treating all my belongings that I had with me with heat, spray, forcefully shaking, and them inspecting every seam and crevice (and other 3 hours when I got to a safe hotel). Finally, while changing out of my contaminated clothes to seal them in plastic, the maintenance man (who had not been called, and had already decided he saw no bedbugs when he looked in the room), entered the room without knocking while I was naked. He said he thought no one was there. so the hotel has no security, either. No hotel should ever operate like that. I was a victim of fraud and my health suffered because of the filth.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank Anonymous999999
Taunton, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 16, 2012

So on a trip to see my new niece I decided to take an extra two days to scout the Home Suite Home Eastgate as a potential place to live when I move down to Florida in a year. I came in on Saturday morning (7/14) and was supposed to stay till Monday. While my expectations were low, I still had high hopes that it would be a decent place to call home for a bit.

The room itself was dirty, there was hair on the pillows, (I have short hair, these were very long), dirt on the tile (my room didnt have carpet), mold in the tub, and the ceiling had a bunch of those leak bubbles, that looked like it was going to burst at any moment... With all that said, I still decided to stay and give this place a shot.

Well here's where it got really bad, I was in the back section on the first floor, since this is a no smoking facility, this is where a bunch of people went to smoke, and since the cracks in the door are more than a normal door the smell of the smokers easily came through, filling the room. That's also where everyone decides to hang out, as i had many scary looking individuals outside my door till the wee hours of the morning. Then another couple not only had their toddler outside till well past 11pm, but the couple started to fight, and the F-Bomb's were flying left and right... I did not feel comfortable, and did not feel safe in this room.

As soon as the sun came up I walked down 192 to find a suitable hotel to stay at. When I found one I returned to the HSH, grabbed my bag, and checked out. The front office didnt even care to ask why I had left a day early... Obviously great customer service.

I have traveled on my own for 15 years and as a travel writer for 5, and have stayed at many places in Orlando and Kissimmee, and this is not only the first hotel I have ever given a bad review to but the first hotel I have ever left early from. And it is sad cause again this is where I hoped to start my new journey in 2013... I would look to avoid this motel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank WSauerbier
Petersburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 1, 2012

On Thursday June 28, 2012 I checked in and then checked right back out within 20 minutes of being in the ghetto! The lobby area looked ok but the rooms and the grounds are a hot mess. It doesnt appear safe, its so dirty and it STINKS! So bad that it made me sick to my stomach. I sprayed my family of 4 with lysol before we got back into our truck to get the hell out of dodge!!!

Room Tip: Don't choose this dump!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank thharrsfam
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Limited housekeeping service, no tissue paper or soap for stayovers of more than a week, no hand towels or extra towels, bed bugs, laundry facilities terrible, pool close at 8pm, a dollar charge for any lost key and just 2 housekeeper for the entire building. Can't be more ghetto. Police is almost there every week. Worst place ever!!

• Stayed April 2012