“Wish I had read the reviews before I'd gone here”
Review of The Indian Diner - CLOSED

The Indian Diner
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Austin, Texas
“Wish I had read the reviews before I'd gone here”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

"Indian Buffet" it says on a huge sign outside. We were in a hurry for food and love Indian, so we stopped without checking any reviews, what a mistake. There is a tiny note on the front door saying buffet is only available on Saturday and Sunday and so we ordered a meal. Unlike many of the other reviews I found the service to be very pleasant, our server was very polite and attentive, for some unknown reason they bring water without ice. This maybe the custom in India but it certainly isn't in the US. The food was attractively presented but the taste was disappointing, it was very much edible and we eat it all and had not ill effects afterwards. The taste was certainly disappointing as was the price which was higher than I am used to paying. My overall recommendation is to read the reviews first and try a different restaurant.

• Visited February 2012

Kissimmee, Florida
“Bleckkk ! Nasty food and people.”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I don't know how this place has not been shut down by the health department. Filthy, smells bad, and the food looks and smells rancid. I must say I did not eat the food, couldn't bear to by the look and smell. My spouse did try his but gave up after a few bites. Awful , over priced and just down right nasty. Don't go here!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank WarbirdAdventures_FL
Pune, India
“Avoid - stay healthy”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

This was the worst experience. I would advice to eat butter and bread instead of visiting this place. The mixed vegetable curry was only boiled vegetables with sour taste. The lady was least interested to receive the feedback or change it, the owner is not available to talk and you are at the mercy of waiter for your food. The flour dough of chapati was prepared on monday while we were taking dinner on thursday. I guess no crowd to finish the precooked food in time.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank mayank13
Manchester
“The Worlds Worst Food & Service - Avoid like the Plague.”
Reviewed October 30, 2011

The worlds worst food and service, this is no exaggeration, we were duped into believing this was a good restaurant and ordered the buffet. Absolutely appalling.

You have been warned.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Johnymccarthy
“Stay away if easily offended Worst place on the planet”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

This has got to be the most disgusting place not only in Orlando but on the planet the owner was very rude when I mentioned that I couldn't read the menu because of the poor lighting ( plus side you couldnt see the dirt and grime )she kept banging on asking me if I was embarrassed about my not being able to read the menu ..would have been nice to be able to see the menu ...
Ordered the has much as you can eat buffet .which consisted of a couple table spoon of rice,2pieces cold chewy rubbery chicken covered in grease and a piece of almost raw potato served whith the water it should have been cooked in .. Totally inedible should be renamed if you can eat anything at all diner
This place has got to be the worst place on the planet

2 Thank Cjbarty