“Incredibly BIG place”

Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Ranked #17 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I was really shocked when I saw the space of those appartments. The rooms are incredibly big, the main bathroom is amazing, the kitchen is really well equiped. Remember it is self service, you will not get a breakfast nor dinner at the hotel, is like being at home.

I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed April 27, 2009

We thought we had a 2 day stay booked, but it fell thru the online reservation service cracks. I Called the front desk the morning we were to fly in, and they were great to work with. Our 3 bedroom suite was so large, clean & nicely decorated that we changed our plans to come back at the end of the trip for another 2 days. We booked a 3 bedroom suite so that neither couple would be in the room with twin beds.
This is the best value we have ever found on any vacation, anywhere.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank UtahGigi
Reviewed April 27, 2009

This was the best "hotel" I have stayed at. Instead of being a cramped hotel room with 2 double beds and one small bathroom, it was a large 3 bedroom condo. Our group included my mother and her husband, my husband and I and 3 children, 2, 11, and 14. My mother and her husband had the master suite which was on one side of the living room, dining room and kitchen area. It was a very large bedroom with a king size bed, 2 walk in closets, large bathroom with a garden tub and free standing shower. It also had a t.v. , dvd player and screened in patio with a table and 4 chairs overlooking a wooded view and pond. On the other side of the living room was another bedroom with a small screened in porch that connected with the master bedroom, living room porch. This bedroom had a tv, no dvd player but had a queen size bed. This bedroom had a large bathroom next to it that had a bathtub and freestanding shower that had 2 doors- one leading another 3rd bedroom. This bedroom had 2 single beds that the kids slept in. There was no t.v. in this bedroom, this wasn't a problem because we were too busy to watch t.v. This was an ideal set up for travel with multiple families. Our family had one side and shared a bathroom and my parents had their own side with their own bathroom. The hotel was stocked well with pans, wine glasses, pitcher, knives, silverware, serving spioons, storage containers for left overs, wine opener, toaster, blender, dishwasher, microwave, plates, bowls, mugs, glass glasses, dish towels, sponge. The closets were stocked with extra pillow, sheets and blankets. Both bathrooms had plenty of bathtowels, hand towels and washcloths. You should bring dish soap and extra dishwashing soap and laundry soap for the washer and dryer that is next to the kitchen. I brought extra garbage bags and paper towels and toilet paper. There was a high chair for the baby and a pack and play that were stored in the master closet. In the living room there was a t.v., dvd player and internet connection that we had to use a plug for and we set it up on the floor by the t.v. It was no big deal that it didn't reach to the couch. It was very nice not to have to pay extra for it. The condo was decorated in a tropical prints. It was very tasteful and nice. The rooms look exactly like they do on the Caribe Cove website. They even show you a floor plan. This was a surprisingly quiet room and we didn't see many people when we were there for spring break, although it was quite full, it didn't seem like it was crowded or that you were surrounded by crowds of people. We enjoyed the pool, steam room and sauna. It was very clean and not crowded at all. The lobby and fitness room was nice too. The had lockers and showers availble in the clubhouse next to the pool area. The clubhouse had computers availble for use with the internet and well as wireless internet. They had a small store that had chips, popcorn, snacks, soap, toliet paper, paper towels, sunscreen etc. We really enjoyed our trip and will stay here again. I booked our trip directly from the hotel site. I didn't want any hassles. The total for the 3 bedroom was $99 per night. (Split with my mom was $50 ea.) Unbelieveable for the price. There was a $65 cleaning charge added to the room and well as $200 security deposit. There is no maid service daily. I didn't miss that at all. The only thing I would bring next time is a heavy duty pan for cooking bacon in the morning. The pans were not what I am used to so I had problems burning bacon. But I totally understand why they would not have $50 fry pans here for people to use. Great Place!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mmkclifford
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Just got back from a trip to Orlando. Every year my family and I go to Orlando and typically we need to stay an additional night in a hotel. Expedia gives this place 3 1/2 stars- what a joke. I should have realized that things were not great when I was waiting to check in and one of the guests checking out had a complaint about a broken bathroom and the manager's response was - "well you had a 3 bedroom so I am sure the other bathrooms worked".
First of all- the pool is laughable. Very tiny and only one in the complex. Secondly, you are a good distance from Disney so you must have a car.
But here is the real kicker. Do not stay for one or two nights. The rate I thought was reasonable - their $99 "Special" for a night. What they do not tell you is that you must pay $75 for cleaning. What a joke- a one night stay cost $174 - not $99. When I tried to explain this to the manager her answer was- thats the way it is. My response- do other hotels charge nearly a 75% surcharge for cleaning! Avoid this place. You can do much better--try Floridays Resort.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank DunsNJ
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Our family of 4 LOVED the condo! The photos we saw on-line are EXACTLY what we got! It is VERY close to the attractions yet far enough away that it was a peaceful place to recharge after a long day!

We were surprised by the lack of service provided by front desk... One employee in particular. I had called before our arrival and was told we did not need to bring household items yet upon arrival discovered that we needed garbage bags, laundry detergent, dish soap, paper towels...

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Thomas-McCarty
Reviewed April 14, 2009

We spent last week at Caribe Cove. The 2 bedroom condo we had was beautiful and was clean. We were in building 4 at the back so it was quiet, we really didn't hear any other guests. My only complaints are: I thought that not supplying dish soap, only one package of soap for the dishwasher, only two rolls of t. paper was on the "cheap" side. I have stayed in other resorts and these were provided. I didn't find the staff very helpful when asking for places to shop or information about tickets. Finally there is only the one pool and it is crowded...even when the resort is not that busy. Other comments about the traffic on 192 and I4 is correct, it's not an easy place to get around. Overall it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlie1308Ontario
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Stayed 4th April 09 for one week which was the week before Easter. Complex was busy but plenty of parking.
The pool area is not that big therefore when busy the pool area is too small and there are not enough sun beds or chairs. In the clubhouse there is complimentary coffee so long as you did not like white milk / cream. Always seemed not to have any when I went for a cup.
The staff on the desk at the Clubhouse were not that helpful or pleasant and security were only on the entrance gate from 11 pm unlike sister resort Bahama Bay which is 24 hours.
We were also told we could use the facilities’ at the Bahama Bay which is a couple of miles up the road. As Caribe was full around the pool area one morning we tried the Bahama Bay but were turned away as you can only use the restaurant or spa which was disappointing after being told otherwise.
Because of the time of year US192 was very busy and took a good 30 minutes to get to the I4 mid-morning. There is no restaurant on site and only a very small shop with limited goods.
On the plus side the location is nice and quite with large balconies to sit on in the evening or have breakfast. The rooms are well equipped with internet.
I would recommend a stay but not at peak times because of the pool size.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple