“Great Place - Great Value!!!”

Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Ranked #15 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed March 23, 2009

We just returned from a weeks stay at Caribe Cove. We had a two bedroom condo that was very spacious. Our daughter flew down to join us for a few days and it was so convenient for her to have her own bedroom and bath. We enjoyed all the facilities (pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room etc.) Everything was very clean! After our stay at Caribe Cove, we traveled throughout Florida and nothing else compared. We hope to stay here again next year!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed March 19, 2009

We have had a fantastic stay at Caribe Cove. The 2 BR unit we have is nearly new and very clean. It is very spacious and has two screened in porches. Full kitchen and very comfortable. We have not had any problems with service. They are not 100% clear about how to use the in-room wired internet but it was easy to figure out (put in your building number plus room number). The best part is that the complex is nestled back off the main road and is very quiet. Nice salt water pool, and club house with snack bar. Convenient to restaurants and to Disney. It really looks like the promo photos on the internet. Got a great price via Expedia. We LOVED this place!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2009

we stayed at caribe cove feb.14-feb.21 and couldn't have been happier. I was a little nervous after reading previous reviews with regards to the bad service,but we didnt have that problem. When we arrived Saturday evening the guy on duty was VERY polite and helpful. He explained the room and gave recomendations on where to go for dinner. The room was huge and clean. A very pleasant surprise! The resort is away from the noise and it was wonderful to be able to eat in the condo after a long day at the park. Not only will you save money, but you wont have to deal with tired whiney kids in public. The pool and spa were nice and so were the steamroom and sauna(located outside by pool). The only real negative was the 3rd bedroom by the outside corridor, it really does need blackout blinds. My 6 year old son woke up crying about not being able to sleep with the light. Also, the beds are kinda uncomfortable-but hey after the parks everyone is soo tired it wasnt really an issue. Overall we really enjoyed this place and would stay here again.

Reviewed March 6, 2009

We stayed at Caribe Cove last week and will NEVER go back. We found that many of the amenities listed on their site or our travel site either did not exist or were exagerated. Annoying but not necessarily a deal-breaker. What we coulld not tolerate was the complete lack of integrity by the front desk manager (Tamaria) and maintenance manager (Carlos). We had maintenance issues go unresolved for the duration of our stay, leaving one bathroom virutally unuseable. When we complained about the maintenance issues, we were told they had been fixed, when it was obviously not the case. When we told our travel-booking site about the discrepancies between the services and amenities offered vs those stated on the website, Carlos lied to to the website people calling to verify. When we complained to the front desk manager about the situation, she told us we needed to pack our bags and get off the property!! She even ordered a front-desk employee to call the police when I threatened to leave a bad review of the property on the website!!!

Bottom line:
HOUSEKEEPING- is non-existant throughout your stay. Need clean towels or sheets? You need to go to the store, buy detergent, andwash & dry them yourself. Some sites list mid-stay housekeeping as an alternative, but when we tried to arrange it, we were told it was not possible.
SECURITY - is also non-existant. There is a guard station and gate at the entrance to the property, but it is completely unmanned and the gate is always open. Carlos insists that the station is manned after 10pm, but we entered the property after this time on 4 different nights & it was unmanned each time. I did not observe security cameras or security personnel anywhere on the property at any time throughout our stay.
FITNESS CENTER/SPA SERVICES - are laughable. The "fitness center" is smaller than my bathroom. It is located inside the lobby, separated only by a glass wall. It has 3-4 cardio machines & a TV. We did not observe any steam or sauna, as are listed available on several travel sites. And the pool is substantially smaller than it is made to appear in photos on the websites.
BUSINESS CENTER - The term is laughable. The front desk has a printer, copier, and fax machine for its own use. These are behind the desk, not where a guest can use them on their own and forget about privacy. You have to wait for a desk person to be free and then hope they're in a good enough mood that they will make your copies or send your fax for you. Not exactly "business" oriented.
INTERNET - Wireless is only available in the lobby. Inside the unit there is 1 connection - behind the TV in the living area. The cord provided is not long enough to reach the dining table, coffee table, or bedroom. So, if you bring a laptop, you pretty much have to sit on the floor like a 6 yr old. The connection is VERY slow, borderline dial-up. Most of my pages crashed before loading.
FLATSCREEN TV's/DVDs - The living area has a 25" tube TV. Carlos insists that it is a "flatscreen" because the screen is not concave. It's not LCD or Plasma if that's your interpretation. Two bedrooms have very tiny (12"?) TVs & 1 has a DVD player - but not the one in the living room. There are VERY FEW channels of regular TV available at this resort - it may be "cable" but there's not much more than the local networks, Disney & Weather.
TOMMY BAHAMA DECOR - The units ARE large & they are decorated nicely, but it's really low-quality. As we were eating dinner one night, my toddler leaned on one side of the dining table. The leg on the opposite side fell out and bashed me in the shin causing a huge bruise. My usually laid-back husband nearly went through the roof when the manager threatened to charge us for it. As if our 27-pound toddler has the strength or body mass to break a table leg!
LACK OF STAFF - Already talked about having no security or housekeeping people. We also never observed anyone working outdoors on the property. Late one evening we were approached by another (male) guest when we pulled into the parking lot. He had also just returned & found a 2-yr-old girl wandering alone in front of his building. For propriety's sake, he did not want to approach her alone, so my husband followed him back to his building while I brought our kids upstairs & called the front desk. It was a full 20 minutes before the front desk guy showed up to investigate and he NEVER called the police or any emergency services!! I was absolutely appalled!
ARCHITECTURAL ODDITIES - There are some things about the units that are just wierd. Each bedroom has a vent in the wall into the main living area, so you can't get any bedroom completely dark or quiet as long as anyone is in the main living area (front hall, laundry closet, kitchenette, eating area, living area). Also, one bedroom is located alongside the exterior corridor leading to the unit. This corridor has a very bright light directly outside this bedroom window, which makes it impossible to get the room completely dark at night & leaves 1 person trying to sleep directly next to this window. There are also no blackout curtains in the units as claimed on some websites.

I would never stay at this place again. I would discourage anyone I know from staying there. There are so many properties in the Orlando area that you can do a lot better for the same price elsewhere.

1  Thank Northeast_Mom_of_3
Reviewed March 5, 2009

We booked a 2 bedroom with free upgrade to a 3 bedroom through bookit. We took our 3 children, two of whom are adults, and I really didn't want anyone to have to sleep in the living room. In fact, I would have booked a 3 bedroom if it hadn't already been free. When we arrived my husband checked in and was given a two bedroom. It was lovely but not what we booked. I had read on tripadvisor about some of the problems that people had had with this very issue. A few days before we left I sent an e-mail to Caribe Cove in order to confirm the 3 bdrm upgrade. They sent me a reply saying that I should have no problems. I think that that's what saved me. I basically had to stage a sit in with my computer in hand and the e-mail exchange loaded. The poor women on the front desk. Be friendly, these people probably make minimum wage and have to put up with stupid complaints all day (like the guys who were there complaining about the cable package on the TV - no ESPN I think). I was very nice to them but said I wanted to speak to a manager. I don't know where that person was but she/he was not on site to my knowledge and I never spoke to them. This was VERY stressful for me and probably for them. My husband was hugely uncomfortable. Eventually Gloria told me that they really didn't have any available for that night but they would be able to move us first thing in the morning (7 am.) I left with this assurance and a promise that we would not have to pay another cleaning fee for the next unit. I was not back in the unit for 5 minutes when the phone rang. Someone had miraculously just phoned and cancelled a 3 bedroom reservation for that night and they would be able to move us right away. I really don't know whether the fault lies with bookit or Caribe Cove but someone is not being honest.
The unit was lovely and clean and well appointed with towels(no beach towels) and kitchen cloths/dish towels. I have read some reviews on here about not having this or that. Take your own basics or buy them on the way. This is not a hotel so don't expect the same services. You have to make your own bed and if you want clean sheets or towels during your stay you will have to wash them yourself. The washer and dryer both worked terrifically well and you can buy a small bottle - enough for several loads- of laundry detergent for $2 at the clubhouse. There is no salt, pepper, sugar or anything nor should you expect them. There were 2 rolls of toilet paper ($1/roll at the clubhouse), a box of tissues and two small bars of soap in each bathroom. In the kitchen there was 1 packet of dishwasher detergent, 1 packet of coffee, 1 roll of paper towel and not much else in terms of consumables. Extras are available for purchase in the clubhouse and the prices are not horrible. Really good coffee(regular and decaf) is always available in the clubhouse with "to go" cups but no real cream or milk. There is a Super Walmart close by where you can find ANYTHING that you need. We found the beds comfortable and I'm pretty picky. The screened porch was great! If you're looking for a party atmosphere and nightlife, this is not the place for you. It is quiet and isolated. Things are not far but you have to drive everywhere unless you are a hiker!

1  Thank hollybop
Reviewed March 4, 2009

My husband and I (senior citizens) stayed here two weeks in Februauy 2009. Apartment 2206 was superb, extremely well furnished and equipped for a two week stay, it was clean and quiet. The site management was highly efficient and we were well satisfied with the experience.
Disneyland was not on our itinerary - we have been before - but both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot are only a short distance away. The great advantage of this location is that it is so easy to avoid the crowds of Orlando if, like us, one seeks a peaceful holiday exploring the less frenetic areas of West, North or Central Florida.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Colin040, Owner at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2011

Many thanks for your review

Reviewed March 3, 2009

My husband, myself and our 3 kids (ages 12, 7 and 10 months) stayed here from 2-23-09 - 3-2-09. We had booked a three bedroom, but when we arrived we were told they didn't have a 3 bedroom available. We were directed to stay at the sister resort Bahama Bay Resort. Bahama Bay was not as new and as large as Caribe Cove so we called and they said they could get us into a 2 bedroom that night and switch us to a 3 bedroom in the morning, we said that was ok. We drove back to Caribe Cove and we checked in and the REALLY AWESOME LADY (GLORIA)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at the desk told us that they had just had a 3 bedroom cleaned so we ended up getting what we booked for a room. The room was great! Three bedrooms, plenty of space, and clean. There was a pack n play and a high chair in the master closet. That is a great benefit when you are traveling with a baby, they are standard in the rooms. It comes with a full washer dryer, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and stove. If you leave Caribe Cove, take a left on 192 and there is a Publix grocery store about 1 mile down. The pool was heated and clean, and they had a hot tub. All the rooms come with it's own balcony, ours overlooked the woods and was very quiet! The only downfall was that there are two computers in the lobby and you have to buy time to use them. Oh, and the beds were not the most comfortable, but I think whenever you go anywhere it just isn't the same as your own bed. It was a short drive to disney, and the theme parks, but it was great that when you came back to the hotel you could say goodnight to the kids and they were in their own bedrooms, that way mom and dad get a break! I would stay here again. We stayed in building #1, room 501 or 1501, ( I don't remember for sure). Also, the little marketplace in the lobby has a good price on laundry detergent. A bottle that can do 8 loads was $2.00. As you will read on other reviews, there is no housekeeping and it is a $65.00 cleaning fee that you are charged. I don't have any regrets about this hotel. I will be back again!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family