The size of the 3 bedroom is very large, but:
a) There was a smell of mold in the apartment and we were not on the top floor. Could not find the source. It's not that the bathroom was dirty but that there was this mold smell that would not go away. Not good for people with allergies
b) Distance to Universal is too large. 45 minutes minimum each way. That's more than 1.5 hours lost per day in travel. Distance may seem short, but it's mostly traffic jams like rush hour traffic.
c) Fire Alarm went off at 6.50am one day. Ruined most of the day, making us get up late (having to go back to bed). Kids were tired and so cranky that one of them did not even want to do the rides. Spend so much money not to be able to take advantage of it. You will only get a "sorry" and that's it! Firemen blamed equipment and Hotel blamed someone full pulling the handle (covering the fact that they have defective equipment?).
d) Computer in lounge to print the boarding passes was so slow (virus, poorly maintained?) that I wasted 20 minutes trying to print the passes and then gave up (even after rebooting the PC).
e) WiFi in the room did not work. Could not see the SIID. Instructions were not even clear.
f) Problems with the apartment such as no cold water in the shower in the master bathroom. Hot water was burning hot so could not use the shower and then it was really hard to keep it form dripping (felt like it was going to break the handle trying to get it to stop dripping). Placement of switches is overall weird.
g) Surprise $117 resort fee and cleaning fee upon arrival. So what ever the price is that you think you are going to pay, add $117.
h) Dishwasher but no detergent for the wash of the dishes. Blinds in one of the room was letting a lot of light through (you don't need to turn the lights on to see what you're doing). This is because it faces the front of the building and there are lights in the corridors. Fortunately, not a problem for some of the kids (but would be for me).
Mattress comfort was fine. View on the back end of our apartment was on the woods so quiet. Not sure about everyone.
Would not go back: Too many problems, more expensive then expected and seemingly not well maintained.
Would not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amongst beautifully landscaped grounds, just off 192, Caribe Cove Resort offers 2 and 3 bedroom condos in elevator buildings. With private screened patios, enjoy dinner outside enjoying the Florida sunshine or kick back in your living room and catch a complimentary movie from the DVD service in the lobby. Around the resort, relax by the infinity pool or take a soak in the hot tub. If being active is more your speed, enjoy our 24-hour fitness center or a game of basketball or billiards. Our front desk is staffed 24-hours for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Otel, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Caribe Cove Resort Orlando reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Cove Resort Orlando Hotel Kissimmee
- Caribe Cove Hotel Orlando
- Caribe Cove Kissimmee