“Great headquarters for a Disney visit!”

Caribe Cove Resort Orlando
Ranked #17 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great headquarters for a Disney visit!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our long weekend at Caribe Cove with 3 generations of our family. Our 3-bedroom unit was on the 3rd floor of Building 1 and was most satisfactory.The interior was identical to the photos on the resort's website -- a nice, restful Caribbean theme. Everything was exactly as described, which is a nice surprise considering how so many places are less than truthful in their glowing descriptions. We were concerned about the possibility of bad beds because of some reviews to that effect, so we brought inflatable mattresses "just in case". Happily, they were not needed as our unit had all new replacement mattresses. They were somewhat firmer than ours at home, but had nice pillow tops so we all were comfortable. (If the mattress replacement project at this resort ever gets completed, there will be almost nothing that anyone can complain about! Every 1-star reviewer seems to have been in one of the units with older beds and were understandably unhappy.) The price at this resort is unbeatable -- we paid just over $100 per night for the 3-bedroom condo and didn't even book through Hotwire or Priceline. Now THAT'S a deal! We'll definitely be returning for future stays.

Room Tip: Building 1 is closest to the road and there's some traffic noise when you're on the screen p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
OrlandoResorts, Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Claire and Bill,

Thank you so much for the review of Caribe Cove.

Your feedback is very useful to us and we will share this with our individual unit owners.

We're glad you and your family had such a good stay, and we hope to see you all again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Woodlawn, Virginia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Caribe Cove for 5 nights beginning on 10-20-2012. The check-in process was smooth without any issues, and the front desk personnel were professional and friendly. We were in building 4 on the third floor. You have the option of an elevator or stairs. The condo ( all 1400+ sq feet of it) was more than enough for the two of us!!! The pictures that I viewed before booking were dead on it with no surprises. Two bedrooms, two full baths (master had a huge soaking tub, glass enclosed shower, and double sinks), full kitchen with FULL SIZE appliances, and screened in porches----small one off of the master bedroom, and large one with table and chairs off the living room. I "set up shop" in the smaller bathroom---pretty sure hubby enjoyed the absence of the curling iron and toiletries during our stay!! There is also a laundry room (bring PODS and Bounce) should you need it. Our days were spent at Disney and Universal, so we didn't get to use the pool. They also offer dvd rentals. There is a Super Target just down the road on 192 and plenty of restaurants to choose from. We were very pleased with our stay and would not hesitate to stay when we visit the area in the future.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room ( Building 4 Room 302) because it overlooked the pond.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.

We are genuinely pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Caribe Cove so much and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Caro, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We were very happy with our stay at Caribe Cove. The price was very reasonable and the living quarters were nice and spacious. We were upgraded for free from a two bedroom villa to a three bedroom. Nice pool area. Would definitely stay again. They no longer place a $200 deposit on your credit card which was nice. Disney was just minutes away.

• Stayed October 2012
OrlandoResorts, Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Caribe Cove.

We are genuinely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to upgrade you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Caribe Cove soon.
Dayton Ohio
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Room was spacious but that's about all I can say. Condo was dirty hairs on the sheets I don't even think they were washed by the looks of them. Ice/water dispenser on fridge was just plain nasty not too mention it was set to its lowest setting and was war when we arrived. The most annoying thing was tv's were setup so that it blocked you from hooking up plays station I found this to be total BS.

• Stayed October 2012
OrlandoResorts, Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for posting review. We are concerned to read of your dissatisfaction, and would like to investigate further. Can you let us know the action that was taken by our staff when the matters were raised?
Similarly, the televisions would normally connect to a PlayStaion, so we would like to investigate what action was taken when you reported this.

Our General Manager will be in touch with you privately to further investigate.
Bryant, Arkansas
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband, son and I stayed at Caribe Cove the first week of October. We stayed in a 3 bedroom in building 4, room 109. We were so pleased with our stay, from the moment we checked in till the day we left. The staff was absolutely fabulous. About an hour after we had been in our room we received a call from the front desk making sure we were happy with our accommodations...which we were. We also received a call each day of our stay just to make sure we were happy. We have stayed at MANY resorts and this is the first time this has happened.There seemed to be a lot of people staying at the same time we were but we were never disturbed by any noise. It was very peaceful. There is a dvd rental machine (similar to redbox) which we used twice at no charge and there is also a small shop that stays open 24 hours. We used and enjoyed both of these services. The grounds were beautiful and the pool, though it is small, is very pretty and well kept up and looks on to a lake. Our room had a screened in porch (they all do) which was HUGE and we really enjoyed it. We went to the Disney parks and the drive to all parks was great. The area was very safe. We actually called the local police department before booking here just to make sure. There are restaurants very close and a Wal Mart not even 5 minutes away. The rooms were very spacious, bathrooms very spacious and huge closets! The only thing that I can think of that isn't necessarily great (although it did not bother us whatsoever) the bedding was a bit dated. However, we all slept great. Thanks so much Caribe Cove for helpinig make our sons Disney trip fantastic!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Amanda C
Thank you so much for kind review of Caribe Cove.

We are so happy that you had a such a good visit and that you and your sons enjoyed both Disney and Caribe Cove so much.

We hope to welcome back to Caribe Cove very soon, and thank you again.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We travel to Orlando at least once a year. Last year we stayed at Caribe Cove for the first time (before it became a Wyndham property). I regret not writing a review then as we had a phenomenal experience. Based on last year, we decided to book the resort again this year expecting to have the same or even better experience than last year, considering the Wyndham brand reputation. Unfortunately, it wasn't so.

Our group consisted of 12 people therefore, we needed two 3-bedroom units, prefereably side-by-side; which we specified at the time of booking. In order to accommodate this request I made sure to book well in advance. I made our reservation through Hotels.com on July 17 for an October 12 check-in. Take note that, when you book through Hotels.com you prepay your stay. So, we were all set 3 months in advance. Upon check-in, we were told we had been assigned two 2-bedroom units when we had paid for bigger ones. We had to insist on getting the units we had booked and paid for as getting our money back and going somewhere else was not an option. After spending over an hour at reception, we were finally given keys to two 3-bedroom units that were not even located in the same building, let alone side-by-side (as had been requested 3 months before)! As we opened one of the units we found we had been assigned a room that was already occupied!!! Back to reception to get a different room. Not something you want to experience at the very start of your weekend getaway. We were all very nervous that we too, would have unexpected visitors.

The next day, we arrived at 11:00pm to find that all 3 key cards for one of the rooms had been deactivated. Add about 45 minutes to finding our reservation and obtaining new key cards.

The property itself is pretty well-kept; inside and out. The usual wear and tear you would find in any property but the units are clean and very well equipped (i.e. kitchen). Location is great! Far enough that you feel secluded but minutes away from attractions and restaurants. Wifi is included as well as movie rentals at reception. The only negative that should be mentioned are the mattresses, they are extremely hard (they were not so last year). Felt like the most inexpensive option available.

The property is fantastic overall but we will definitely think twice before staying here again. The hassles were unacceptable, considering that we booked so far in advance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the kind things you review about Caribe Cove, and we are glad that you you had a generally enjoyable repeat stay.

We are concerned to hear of the problems you encountered at check and our General Manager will be in touch privately to obtain more details so that we can fully investigate this.
NYS
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Better than advertised & service tops in my book
Check in/out:
The check in process was smooth and uneventful. We were allowed to check in an hour or so early without additional cost. The desk clerk clearly and carefully explained the cleaning fee and the resort fee without being prompted and made sure that I understood these things as well as them putting $200 on hold on my credit card. We were given enough door keys for all in the group and a video rental card so that all videos we wished to rent from the machine in the lobby were free for 24 hours. I was also provided with the high-speed wireless security information, parking ticket and additional information and out to my villa in under 5 minutes. The check out process is very simple and under one minute. Information for the check out is given at check in. (Did you notice I did not mention the concierge service that tries to sell time shares and other things? While they are in the building they did not say a word to any of us. They did smile in our direction though. This also made the stay more enjoyable.) A map of the location was not provided nor did I find one online for the complex or the villas. We would have appreciated these things in advance as part of our happy anticipation for the stay. A map spelling out exactly where the villa was as well as the exact location for the recycling, garbage disposal and the rest of the complex would have been nice upon arrival and would have saved us time during the visit. (I mention this here because I know the facility management looks at these reviews and I believe that they carefully, in an orderly fashion work to enhance the experience of the stays.)
Staff:
All of the staff I had an opportunity to interact with were friendly, well mannered, communicative and easily understandable. Some are evidently multilingual. Even though I understood the fee structure before arrival I inquired of several aspects of the fees and the explanations were provided in an unhurried and friendly manner. We did have some maintenance issues that came up during the stay. These also were handled in a fast, friendly way. So much so that I am glad that we had some issues to cause the need for interacting with the maintenance staff.
Let me explain. First our internet did not work. My custom is to go to the front desk when I have any issue to look the person in the eye I am talking with. I did this. I was told someone would help me right away. With skeptical thought I was returning to the villa when I heard the work order called over the two-way radios the staff use. I was afraid then the repair man would get to my villa before I got there. I arrived about 15 minutes before he did. I notice the antenna for the wifi in a closet as I checked in so I expected that he would need to do some work there and so on. However, he asked to look at my computer instead. As I was getting my complaining ready he pointed out he had already fixed the issue and was just checking to see all was in good order. It turned out to be better service than I expected.
Still I had a second chance to catch them with a service issue. This time the air conditioner had a problem and there was water on the utility room floor. Again superior service was provided! The repairman had the problem fixed with new parts in under an hour and he even cleaned up the mess, spotlessly. I do not get service anywhere near this good at home.
Housekeeping:
This is a gated complex, with a gate that suggests quality. A great deal of care has gone into keeping the grounds trim and pleasing. Even though the facility is not in the middle of nowhere it has a secluded feel. We found no foul dumpsters or anything to complain about in this section of the review, they garbage canisters are like you find in residential areas and are policed frequently. The buildings, while showing signs of use, are in good repair and kept orderly and clean.
The Villa:
The first impression of the villa is like we had taken a vacation rental where we moved into someone else’s home while they were elsewhere. I noticed a bleached spot on a carpet where some careless guest must have dropped a bleach bottle in the utility room and there were other signs of age and use. Upon closer examination we all noticed that the entire villa was very, very clean. The cleaning fee was definitely put to good use. There was even evidence that the furniture had been moved during the vacuuming process. I could not find dust, hair, or anything anywhere, and I did really look hard for these things (check my other reviews). In fact I would say that an outstanding cleaning job was done before our stay. I found none of the problems that are mentioned in the reviews that are poor or negative. The ventilation does allow you to hear from one room to another, if you really listen for it. This I think is a plus if you are bringing children with you and you want to keep an eye on them, without it being obvious. As far as outside the villa noises, we all were very surprised to see the complex was nearly full, we had no idea. I could hear an occasional noise, while I was specifically listening for it and it was silent in ours, from the apartment above ours. So the whole stay really felt like we had a cottage in the woods that was a short walk to a nice pool and exercise room. Lounging on the completely screened in with no holes patios was very nice. Even people who don’t like Florida insects will feel safe there.

The beds where comfortable. We must have had the new mattresses.

We really liked the villa. I hope we stay here again. I am always hunting a bargain with value.
Location:
The location is west on 192 from Disney Main Gate and a little away from everything else. Still there is a store of sorts on the grounds, that you do pay twice what you would elsewhere and if you don’t want to travel a mile down the road. So really it is not far from anything. It just has a relaxing secluded feel. Just off of 192 with many trees buffering the noise of traffic.
Internet:
The internet connection is unique to each villa and therefore gives the feeling of greater security. There is plenty of bandwidth to use and we did try our best to use it up. The in villa wireless connection is not advertised anywhere I could find it. If I had I would not have been as apprehensive of staying here. All in all very happy with the wifi.
Helpful hints:
Read the guest book that is on your kitchen counter so you get no surprises in how this resort works. Read also all of the information provided at check in. There is information there that will give you a better stay and check out experience. Complimentary coffee is in the club house. There are changing rooms, saunas, spas and exercise area also located there. A relaxing view is also found at the club house patio. To save money at area venues I suggest sorting through the discounts to be found in coupon and information books and maps located in the hallway to the bath and changing rooms.
Additional Information:
Just a little farther west on 192 you will find route 27. Just north on 27 there are shopping and eating choices.

Room Tip: Request ground floor for best access.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank DrOfAvarici
OrlandoResorts, Manager at Caribe Cove Resort Orlando, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write such a complete review.

We are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay and had such a positive experience.

We will certainly take the constructive points you make to heart, and as you say, we do genuinely attempt to use such suggestions to further increase our guests satisfaction.

Thank you very much once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Caribe Cove very soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites
#25 of 152 in Kissimmee
Polynesian Isles Resort
Polynesian Isles Resort
#2 of 152 in Kissimmee

Been to Caribe Cove Resort Orlando? Share your experiences!