Tripadvisor
Kissimmee
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews lighthouse key resort and spa trundle bed master bedrooms movie theater game room three bedroom third bedroom lake view laundry room mid week cleaning large families stainless steel appliances living room full size washer and dryer full kitchen pool area disney parks
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I chose this resort because I our 3 bedroom has two master suites for Disney focused vacation. We were really pleased with The Berkley. It's a smallest resort, with only two buildings in addition to the lobby building. And if you are willing to use a ride-share service, you could easily get by without a car. Some resorts are so big, that you really need a car just to get around the resort! The unit was spacious, with a nice screened in porch that looked over a large pond/man-made lake. On the other side of the water is the Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake. I believe that all the units have this pleasant lake view. The unit had nice furniture, including drawers for clothes in the bedroom (which strangely, is not always the case in many timeshares) and large walk-in closets in the masterbedrooms. There was a third bedroom with twin beds, and a hall bath. We didn't even use that room. The laundry room featured a full-sized washer and dryer. A mid-week cleaning was included, and all the towels were replaced. The resort did not feel crowded, and it was always easy to get an elevator, and a parking spot. We arrived in the middle of the night, and we had arranged to get the key from security. The office closes at 11 pm, so if you think there is any chance you might be later than 10 pm, you should call the office ahead of time to make this arrangement. In the morning, I needed to stop at the front desk to sign a couple of forms, and it took less than 5 minutes. We did have a water leak from our refrigerator, and the maintenance team came to our unit immediately, and took care of the problem. The location was closest to the Animal Kingdom part of Disney, but rideshares to all parts of Disney were less than $15 each way. Nearby - Publix, Walmart, Target, Wawa, many restaurants and fast food places, and my favorite chicken spot - Polo Tropical. It was January, and not very warm, so we did not use the pool areas at all.I i would go back to The Berkley any time!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with RCI
PIVacations, Public Relations Manager at The Berkley, Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Come back soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was with a group of about 27 people who came into Orlando to pariticipate in the Run Disney Marathon Weekend.

We chose to stay at the Berkley and not on the Disney properties. It was the best decision that we could have made. We rented about 5 units - 2, 3 & 4 bedrooms for 9 days. The drive to and from the race venue was easy peasy. So that was the biggest plus.The accommodations were nice and very comfortable. The place was very clean. I only have three concerns. They are:

1) There were 2 confirmed dates for cleaning the units and restocking the supplies (paper towels, toilet tissue...etc). During the first day, we were out of the unit, so our unit was serviced well. On the second confirmed date, only one room was serviced. When the unit was being serviced on that day, I was in the shower and I believe 2 of the other bedrooms were occupied. So the cleaners did not clean the rooms. Since it was early in the am and no clean towels and toilette tissue was let, I thought the cleaners would come back to finish the job. So, we left for the day. But when we returned around 5pm, the cleaners had not come back nor had they left clean towels, linens nor restocked the toilet or facil tissue in the 3 rooms.

The front desk addressed the problem by delivering a plastic bag full of towels and linens to the unitl later that evening.

I feel there should be a better mechanism for making sure that rooms are serviced adequately on the confirmed cleaning days.

2) I expected that the refrigerator would be a little more modern. The stove and microwave were relatively up-to-date. I expected the refrigerator with the ice maker that allows one to choose the type of ice - crushed or solid. However, the ice make simply made the chunks of ice.

3) You can hear people walking, running, items being dropped and children playing in the units above you.

Otherwise the place was wonderful

Room tip: You can hear walking, running and children playing in the rooms above you. So, if you can get a room on the top floor, please do so.
Date of stay: January 2020

Thank you for the great review and rating! Come back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is my first time at this resort, I have been a timeshare owner for more than 20 years so I have visited quite a few. This one has a great location if you are going to Disney, it also have a Super Target really close. Next time I{ll be flying to Orlando I{ll try to book at Berkley

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
PIVacations, Public Relations Manager at The Berkley, Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the great rating and review! Come back soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2020

One of the best places I have stayed out in the RCI catalogue . From entering the facility thru the gate and chatting with the guard to sadly checkout day it was all great and very relaxing. I will return

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
PlatinumVacations, Public Relations Manager at The Berkley, Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the wonderful review and rating! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2020

The Pros:

1. Good location central Florida on Highway192 with easy access to the parks and amenities. (notwithstanding the fire trucks sirens at all hours)
2. Clean spacious rooms.
3. Good amenities, a decent gym, movie theatre, and a clean pool.

Cons:
Images and reviews posted online are NOT as advertised...

This resort is in the middle of some type of management transition debacle which resulted in the staff not being engaged or invested during our visit.

This resort was advertised as a family resort... However, There was NO organized activities whatsoever during our stay.

On the day we departed the resort checkout time was 10:00 am. buy 10:07 am. we had vacated the room and loaded our car to leave however before leaving we had received 2 phone calls from the front desk and 3 different groups of staff attended our door to usher us along and remind us of check out policy (an additional $25 charge for every hour after 10:00 am) the 5 separate interactions with staff on checking out amounted to more attention then we had received in the previous 7 days...

The cleaning staff was to scheduled to attend our unit on the third day (clean sheets towels etc.) but did not attend until 5:45 pm.

Look around before booking this resort. Do your due diligence before committing to this headache.

Avoid Building #2 with a not so scenic view to the North... looking over abandoned parking lots and neglected overgrown property... Check Google maps before you book! have a look for yourself.

Use caution in booking this resort.

Room tip: Avoid Building #2 with a not so scenic view to the North... looking over abandoned parking lots and neglected property.
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank uc7518
PIVacations, Public Relations Manager at The Berkley, Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience. It is unfortunate to hear that our resort did not meet all of your expectations. We appreciate all of the feedback you provided on the areas of our resort that you thought needed improvement. Your input is welcomed as this will assist us in improving the overall guest experience. We have shared your comments with our onsite resort staff and management team in an effort to improve in all necessary areas. We wish you the best in vacations in the future.