“Great Home Away From Home”

Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa
Ranked #20 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Lighthouse Key Resort for Trip Advisor

Stayed at Lighthouse Key Resort for the second time last week in a 3 bedroom handicapped accessible condo. It was so nice for our family of four to have all that space to spread out. The kids having their own space to return to at night is a fabulous luxury after theme parking all day. Also a nice luxury is the jetted tubs in two bathrooms. The jacuzzi at the pool does not have strong jets and is warm, not hot, so I would suggest using your tub to soak the theme parks off instead. The pool is zero entry so its great for young kids of wheelchair users. Everything was clean and well maintained. Beds were comfortable and there were plenty of pillows and blankets to spare. We went to Target which is about 1.5 miles away to stock up on arrival and used the kitchen to save money on food costs. Full sized washer/dryer came in handy. We had one problem with our door lock and maintenance was there and had it fixed within 20 minutes. Was very surprised that two of the bathrooms had roll in showers which is an unusual find when traveling with a wheelchair.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Barb L

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We just stayed here for 8 days. As everyone else is saying, the place is great in regards to space and cleanliness. We had a 3 BR unit and it was huge. Huge walk in closets, huge bathrooms, great space. The internet was better than described by others, but there were pockets in our room that it did not work. Overall though, the internet was working for us. The TV took some time for me (not other family members) to learn. Tip: Push power super quickly (don't hold down too long) to get TV to turn on. If you push the power button for more than 1/2 second, you turn the TV on and off again. Minor point. The other stuff (pool, game room, movie theater...) were great.

The part that surprised me was that there were things you have to provide that I wouldn't expect. For example, hand soap. We were given one tiny cheap hand soap for the bathrooms, not the kitchen. When we asked for more, they provided a few and politely told us that it's up to us to get the handsoap at the store. Dishwasher detergent~ same thing. You get 2 starter packs for a 3 BR (think... more people, more dishes) and then you're on your own. I wasn't surprised to have to buy my own laundry detergent. The liners for the garbage can were provided but they put so few in the room that you had to call for more (kind of annoying but not too big of a deal). Lastly, this part surprised me. Toilet paper! Bring your own if you have a lot of people. We ran out and were told that it was on us to provide our own toilet paper. This one shocked me. For spending close to $3K for the unit, I shouldn't have to buy my own toilet paper. We had four roles for 6 people, 8 days. Not enough. It felt cheap considering we paid good money for the hotel. Paper towels are necessary to buy as well, as those dont' get replaced. One other thing people may want to bring (I didn't expect them to provide this) is Lyscol wipes. The counters are granite and brown, so you can't see the dirt on the counter. I bought some and was able to clean the counters better.

Overall, the place is great/clean/fun, but I think the message of 'buy your own toilet paper' given the expense we paid to stay there would steer me away from staying there again. Great place, but the 'buy your own' sent a bad message to me. Service was always super friendly and polite though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This condo facility is very open and spacious. The amenities are excellent and comfortable.
The pool is not "resort-size/quality" but it's large enough and offers a great way to kill time on a non-park day. The condo is about 4 miles from World Drive and 8 miles from the MK entrance. On a busy night leaving MK after fireworks (take the boat not the monorail) we were back in our condo within 45 minutes.
Plenty of shopping with a Super Target and Publix supermarket within a mile. We found our favorite pizza in the area at Flippers, and a great dinner spot across the street - Houlihans.
Great for families who want to spread out!

Room Tip: 2nd floor 3BR condos are worth the extra couple of bucks!
3  Thank kengbmore
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Brought daughter, son-in-law and 4 grandkids plus wife to Walt Disney World. Found this resort on the Internet. We stayed in room 503 building 1. I had read many of the reviews here and trusted the comments to be accurate. I chose higher floor and view of lake so we could not only see fireworks from Magic Kingdom but hopefully be very quiet. The room is exactly as pictured on the Internet right down to the furniture and pictures on the wall. The only thing that was a bit of a surprise was the master bedrooms looked much bigger in the Internet picture than they actually are in real life. The king bed takes up 70% of the room. There is a huge walk-in closet however and the master baths are huge with separate tub and shower and room with the toilet. The jetted tubs are the type of tubs with the smaller air holes in the bottom and not like a true jetted tub, but the water still gets agitated. The washer and dryer are full size and the patio is also of a great size. I would recommend if you have a small child that climbs you get a room on first floor as my daughter worried the entire time about our 1 year old grandson crawling over the deck railing. Units are super clean and very modern and very quiet. Again we had 4 kids and 4 adults and the larger 3 bed/bath units were more than spacious. The 'clubhouse' has a large movie theatre (as shown on the Internet), small game room for the kids, a really nice exercise room (several treadmills, bikes, recumbant bike, elipticals, and hand weights. Exercise facility has a long glass front that overlooks the pool area. There are two pools and a hottub. First pool is horseshoe shaped and has a zero entry side for small kids which was really nice. There is also a deli and shop with snacks and a pub with drinks. Both expensive but this is WDWorld. Check-in was easy and the whole facility is gated with a guard who actually checks your parking permit. Other reviewers had indicated the wireless Internet was terrible, but we actually found in our room it not to be a problem. One of the master bedrooms (the one with the desk) has a desk lamp with a High Speed outlet (bring your own 10/100 cord) but since the wireless is working well in our room, I am not using it even though after reading the reviews on the Internet here I came with a cord. WDWorld is only a 5-7 mile drive and there are Publix supermarkets, a Walmart and Target and other stores within a couple of miles drive. We paid $270 a night which I felt was a bargin.

6  Thank Don49680
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Although my family and I have never gotten so stay here, we did take a tour of the place and was blown away by what we saw. The staff member took his time and explained every detail of the place and what a place it was. The three bedroom villa was as spacious as most houses and very well laid out for a large family. We have a time share but we haven't been lucky enough yet to get a week here. If you are in the Orlando area, it would be well worth your while to plan a visit to this "little piece of heaven", if for no other reason as to just see what they have to offer you!

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the lake, you can catch the fireworks at the Theme parks!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DjCraig95
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Haven't stayed here ,but every year for our vacation my husband and I come here for the Great Spa! Excellent massage therapists,great spa and beautiful clean place! Lighthouse Key Is very close to our Timeshare resort and very conveniant. Would love to have more time to stay here! Pool area looks beautiful and very private!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Our third year staying here, and it was wonderful, as before. Very clean, well kept, and quiet. Very spacious rooms, great layout for extended family travelling together. Great service, fantastic view from the balcony and rooms. We love it here.