We just returned from the National Football championships in Kissimmee Florida and a week at the Lighthouse Key Resort. Although we were not there to go to the parks, we were able to sneak to them a few times! Let me say, LAST YEAR we took a big trip to Florida and stayed on property, and I have to say, I think we were closer to the central park station (monorail/boats) from this condo, then we were at our on property (overpriced) disney resort (the carribean). This is a terrific value and beautiful accomodations for a long stay in the Orlando area... Let me tell you why:
as I said, we were MINUTES from the central ticket / parking location for magic kingdom/monorail station. There are great kid friendly (read: KIDS EAT FREE) restaurants closeby (Houlihans, Ale House, Texas Roadhouse, Mcdonalds) within a mile if not walking distance, and a Super Target for groceries and essentials.
FULL kitchen. Granite counters, full fridge, microwave, stovetop, oven, toaster, coffee pot, pots, pans, plates, cutlery, ANYTHING you need to prepare a meal.
Full size washer/dryer in an IN ROOM laundry room
I stayed in a 3 bedroom/3 bath condo. 2 masters with onsuites, HUGE JET tubs, double sinks, separate water closets, 3rd bed with two twins and hallway bathroom, dining room, living room, TVs in every room with satellite HBO. great balcony overlooking a lake, definately ask for this view. gorgeous sunrises. Comfy, stylish furniture.
Free - Gated during the day -
beautiful, good pool and hot tub (not great jets, but the hot water does the trick after day of walking). Had a full size gameroom, theatre room showing free movies a few times a day, snack bar and bar ( we didn't use any of this)
We had a few things break - Staff was right there to fix them, apologize, etc.... we had one mid week maid service. Very nice.
PRICE PRICE PRICE.... I had a deal with football, but I know that the prices are pennies on the dollar compared to on property.
So the few things that were not so great, just to be aware of:
1) Mattresses: OK, not great. SHEETS, thin need replacing (I am just being picky...) could use more pillows (I would bring my own next time)
2) I didn't see a "spa" so if you are going for pampering, I would pick a higher scale more expensive resort. this is for families going to the parks....
3) Hallways are dark and are a bit old, smell of old stucco when we first got there, I paniced a bit, but once I was in my room, it was 100% great!
4) Lake can be a bit noisy at night... resort across the lake has nightly dance party of somesort. pretty loud if your sliding glass doors are open.
5) LOTS of turkey vultures. pretty weird.
Final word: GREAT PLACE FOR FAMILIES who want to cook, sleep, have elbow room, etc. very nicely appointed with nounessential frills. Makes you feel great about what you are paying for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa features spacious vacation condominium rentals 4 miles from Disney with 2-4 bedrooms, fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, and covered patios. Resort amenities include: a full service spa, poolside bar, sundry shop, heated swimming pools, meeting space, game & billiards room, 52-seat movie theater, theme park shuttle and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lighthouse Key Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Key Hotel Kissimmee