“This place should be comdemned!!!!”

Magnuson Hotel Kissimmee Maingate
Ranked #113 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“This place should be comdemned!!!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Believe me, it should be!!!! I booked this hotel on Booking,com under the name of Travelodge. I've stayed at Travelodge hotels before, so thought this would be good. When we arrived....early mind you, we were surprised to see it under new ownership, & new name. The manager at the front desk was very rude to begin with. When we finally were able to get access to the room, the broken linoleum on the floor & marks on the walls should have been a clue to get out of there immediately. We decided to give it a try anyway. For a non-smoking facility, the coverlet & blankets were full of cigarette burn holes on both beds. TV stations are practically non-existent, & what was available had poor reception. The bathroom floor was all wet as well. I mopped it up the first night. And the grab bar in the tub had been broken off, but the gaping holes were left there.
Upon waking up the next morning to bugs scurrying away when I turned on the light, was bad enough. Trying to turn on the faucet to brush my teeth, the handle came off in my hand! And the bathroom floor was again all wet. This time I DID NOT mop it up, but left it for housekeeping to clean it, & report the leaking toilet.
The so-called continental breakfast, consisted of only toast & cookies. We went to McDonalds.
After a full day of activities, we returned. The bathroom had never been touched as my dirty footprint on the still wet floor was still there from the morning. The coverlets on the beds were again nice & tidily pulled up to make it look as if the beds had been made. They weren't as the sheets underneath were still as wrinkly from our sleeping the night before. It was too late to change hotels by that time.
When I awoke the next morning to again scurrying bugs, I'd had enough. I was even afraid to take a shower! We went down the street to Burger King to do our morning absolution, after checking out.
When asked why we were checking out 3 days early. I told the woman at the front desk everything I have printed here. She had nothing to say, & readily refunded the unused portion of my 5 day booking.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you value your health & cleanliness!