“Great food and service”

Dining options: Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great food and service”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We stopped here after driving down the strip of over-packed restaurants with long waits. There was no wait and the service by our waiter Orlando was superb. The oysters and fish were excellent and the atmosphere was really nice Try this place for a great meal and service.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank adfox

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
“Only bad part of our entire trip!”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Staying at the Mona Lisa decided to take a walk to the nearest shopping centre. Car park full ut must have been for Charleys Grill. Smell outside of Oceans Eleven like old fish but understandable as it is a seafood restaurant. Only two tables occupied but took a chance. Staff really nice but then we ordered our meal. The starter was 6 oysters, six prawns and half a lobster. Oysters yummy, prawns tasteless and the lobster looked as if it was the part that should have been trown away - no meat inside. It is hard to complain when the server is so friendly. Then main meal wasn't too bad. My husband had Irish Coffee and this was a bit different than usual. The bill came and usually my husband is very good at making sure no "funnies" on it but it had been scribbled on saying "Thank You" and the items on it were pretty obliterated. I had a look and noticed that a bottle of wine had been added in the middle. We immediately queried this and got a new bill which we paid as it had come down $30. We then paid the next bill. On looking at the bill on the way back to our hotel we noticed we had also been charged for a Tuxedo Bomb which wasn't on the first bil! I don't even know what that is. The rest of our holiday was fantastic but unfortunatley this bad experience sticks in your mind.

• Visited October 2011
“Why is this open?”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Our table of four was the only table with customers. So empty. The decor was nice but didn't match the waiter who had black meth teeth. Creepy. Luckily I got crab legs which wasn't bad at all. A friend got a hamburger and vomited the next two days....don't bother going here.

Washington, DC
“Straight from your grocer's freezer.”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I was extremely disappointed. I saw the reviews beforehand, they were pretty good. Like everything there will always be those who are unhappy, but I clearly remember one reviewer who constantly said in his review that the food tasted like freezer food. He was SO particular that I wrote him off as possibly being a chef, which may have explained why he was being so critical.

Boy was I wrong. I should have listened to that review. First off the service was excellent. The restaurant was dimly lit. But it felt like they were trying to be something that they weren't. Anyway...

I had a table of 3 adults including myself, and 1 child. I had a fried seafood platter. How hard could it be to make that right? Everything was bland. No flavor. Everything tasted artificial as if they bought a bag of shrimp from the grocery store, and fried it. Same with the fish. Oh god, and the CRAB CAKE!! HORRIBLE. That was CLEARLY straight from the freezer. No doubt about that. I'm from Maryland so we know a thing about crab cakes. But I've never tasted a crab cake that was as gross as the one here at this restaurant. Fire the chef! Though I'm not even sure you can call him a chef.

The soda was flat, my daughters chicken tenders were burnt, my beer was warm. I don't even remember what anyone else got but we were all VERY disappointed.

For those giving this place good reviews, there can only be a few explanations.

1. They work for the restaurant.
2. They consider McDonalds to be a quality restaurant.

I wasn't expecting a 4 star restaurant here. But I was expecting food of better quality than say Denny's. Which by the way I would have rather had Denny's then this place.

The waiter/host (he did both jobs) was excellent. I have no idea why he's working there, the food alone must be hurting his tips, through no fault of his own.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank derrickonline
“Waste of money!!!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2011

Service was attentive & the only thing worth our time,probably because we literally were the only customers! Food was metiocer at best! Came to table cold, way over priced not worth it at all! Don't waste your time or money!

2 Thank mayk1306