“Great hospitality and location”

Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate
Ranked #24 of 152 Hotels in Kissimmee
“Great hospitality and location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

My family and I stayed here last week and we had an amazing time ! It was close to Disney and other locations . The hospitality was great . Steve at the front desk was awesome . He checked us in and made sure we were satisfied with everything . He went above and beyond , which is something that isn't so common these days. The rooms were great and spacious for my family . The only complaint I do have is, whoever the girl is that worked the night shift wasn't that pleasant . I wish I would have paid more attention to what her name was. Anyways, we waited at the front desk while she smoked her cigarette . We had a few questions but we had to wait because I guess we were on her time . She also wasn't as presentable as I think she should have been with her overall appearance. She kind of gave off an I don't care vibe. Other than that our stay was great !

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Lindseyyyyy79
Twiltsie, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Please accept my apologies for the lack of caring by one of my team. Please be assured that was an isolated incident. Steve was so happy to hear your comments on his service. We do pride ourselves on providing great service to all of our guests. I do hope we ill see you back again soon. Until then happy travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Brooklyn NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

We started our trip with 2 horrors, Expedia and Hertz renta cars. I figured at this rate the hotel would turn out to be a dump. We pulled up to the hotel which from the front looked more like a motel. We had a nice suprise for a change. The hotel is huge, very misleading from the front. The employee's were great, the hotel was clean service was awesome. One of the very few places that have several pools which appear to not have any standard hrs. We decided to try the pool after 11pm. Not sure it was open or not. One of the employees saw us and turned on all the pool and outdoor lights. The rooms are clean and pretty much standard with Kurig coffee maker and fridge. Its close to everything. I would definately stay there again

7 Thank greeneyes0859
Thank you for your kind comments. Our pools are scheduled open from 6a to 10p, but if you are quiet, we will extend that time to a little later. I do hope we will see you again very soon at the Maingate Resort. Happy travels.
Belle River, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

I arrived at the hotel at around 1pm. Check in is 4pm. I was unaware. They checked me in anyway and gave me an upgrade. The place is big. Clean. Bathroom was small but no big deal. Pool looked clean however I didn't have time to swim. There is a restaurant attached to hotel. They food was very good and reasonably priced. I would stay there again. You can buy your park attraction tickets in the lobby. On the left side of the tourist counter. On the right side is a time share sales. Stay away from that. Wifi was really good. Only a cpl of drop offs. There are plenty of gift shops, restaurants, stores in the area. Was only 10 min drive from Disney and about 20 to Universal. Approximately 30 to airport in Orlando. Staff was very nice. The old guy at the time share counter was nice and did not put pressure on me when I told him I wasn't interested. He did however give me a lot of tips on where to eat, go, see etc. Nice guy.

3 Thank cardkleener
Thank you for your great comments. Besides helping with directions and places to eat, park attraction tickets the counter in the lobby is also the place to book your free shuttle to the Disney Parks. With two departures each morning, it is very convenient. Like us on facebook to keep up on our progress as well as any special offers we may have. Happy travels.
Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

I will definitely be staying here again. Rooms are clean, and the beds are very comfortable unlike some other that I've stayed in, in Orlando. First night however, the sheets were moist, went to front desk to notify them and they sent someone immediately to change the sheets. They were checking the a.c, said it could have been because the outside vent was open. From the front desk staff, to the room service staff to security were all very welcoming and nice. They do have security 24 hours and do drive by parking lots at night. All the pools are heated!! They have a gameroom, it's small but Hey my kids were not complaining Lol. The diner right next door on the other hand ugh food was not good! The food was not hot when it was brought out to us, had me sick to my stomach that night. But that's my opinion. We stayed in building 7 towards the back which was super quite. So Yea I would stay here again, having a clean room is a must for me, and this place met my expectations.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Veronica V
Thank you for your great comments on my hotel. I am very sorry to hear you were not happy with the food at Angel's Rock and Roll Café and Bar. I will make sure I pass along your comments about the food not being hot to my restaurant team. Please be assured this is not a common occurrence. I will make one correction to your comments, we do not have 24 hour security. They are here 10p to 6a every day. I do hope we will see you again at the Maingate Resort soon. Happy travels.
Harrison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Excellent hotel for the price. Newly remodeled rooms and very clean. Beds were very comfortable. Every staff member that we encountered was very helpful. Front desk upgraded us to an inside pool view room first night. I asked for it on our second visit and there was no problem accommodating us. We stayed one night before going to Disney and I went down and booked immediately for two nights after Disney. We will definitely stay here again.

3 Thank Missy134339
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay so much you have already become a return visitor. Please like us on facebook to keep up with our progress and for special offers only to our facebook friends. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

found this hotel on hotels.com, reviews were accurate. This hotel is very convenient to interstates and Disneyworld. Hotel looks like an old motel from the outside, but rooms are renovated with new bathrooms, comfy beds and linens. Pool area is very large and clean. We had the pool to ourselves in the afternoon. Staff were all very helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christine P
Twiltsie, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Again, we are glad to hear our guests rave about the renovations at the resort. We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon. Keep posted on our progress as well as special offers in the future, by friending us on facebook.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

My mother and I loved it. The room was clean, a must for both of us. The beds were comfortable. We slept well. The price was very affordable. The staff works hard to keep the place clean. I would say that this is the best hotel on Irlo Bronson Highway (US 192). It is very close to Disney. They have a great restaurant. Best of all, the rooms do not look old and dated. They are very modern and clean. Great Place!

3 Thank AdmiralBeasley
Thank you. You are right we are the newest upgraded hotel in the area. We are very proud of what we are doing here as we continue our upgrade and new things are coming on line every day. Please keep in touch and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Lake Buena Vista
#39 of 152 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,433 reviews
Windsor Palms Resort
#7 of 58 in Kissimmee

Been to Red Lion Hotel Orlando - Kissimmee Maingate? Share your experiences!