“Ok stay for the money”
Review of Celebration Suites

Celebration Suites
Ranked #21 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed March 29, 2010

This was a good hotel for the price, we traveled all the way in 2007 so some things could had change since then. There were 7 of us in total, 3 adults, 2 teens, 1 toddlers & an infant. The room had 2 queens beds and a pull out bed. We took the playpen for the baby. The room is spacious but there is only 1 bathroom (small) and it was hard for everyone to use it. The kitchen has a fullsize fridge and 2 burning stoves. The kitchen doesn't come with pots or pans or anything you will need, you can rent for like $15 for the stay and they will give you everything you need (plates, pots, silverware, etc). We liked the place cause 1st, the kitchen is so nice when you have little kids and to save money cooking meals rather then eating all 3 meals outside. Spacious, room for everyone. What we didn't like its that the stove is not ment to cook real food meals, example: We tried to make chiken one day and its took sooooo long to cook and the pots are so crapy that everything sticks to them. But other then that it was fine.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed March 27, 2010

I came down with a family of 5 for a weekend at Disney's Epcot. Location was great! Right next to Old Town, just a stone throw away from a Target and in Kissimmee, so every type of food imaginable was right there close. The room was clean and the staff was nice. - The only down side I had was the bathroom sink did not drain the entire visit. I didn't let them know about the problem until I checked out (there was another bathroom style sink in another part of the suite and the kitchen sink that worked just fine). -- One important note - I never heard a sound out of any of the other guests the entire time I was there. I was poolside, and I could see many people using the clean pool, but I never heard a peep of noise - If you are on a tight budget and you have a large group, this is the best choice I found!

Reviewed March 22, 2010

I'll keep this short. I booked the hotel with one credit card and before arriving, decided to use a different account to pay for the trip. I transferred my money to that account and upon checking in, gave the front desk the new card. I also informed them that it was different than the one I booked with. They made an imprint of the new card and I signed a form with the new card number on there. My family and I then left for Downtown Disney.

When we arrived back, my kids had just laid down when someone started banging on the door. I refused to open the door until the man identified himself. At first he refused, but when I threatened to call the police if he didn't leave, he identified himself as hotel security and told me I needed to go to the front desk immediately. My wife and daughters were very frightened by this to say the least.

I changed out of my pjs and went to the front desk only to be met by another rude employee who informed me loudly in front of other guests and staff that my card was declined. I told her that was impossible and she shoved a piece of paper at me and still in a loud tone asked me if that was my card number or not. When I told her that was not the card they took the imprint of nor the card I signed for, she didn't change her attitude, but did run the correct card and it went through fine No apology for frightening my family, no apology for the rude treatment. Stay far away from this hotel!

1  Thank scottyreynolds
CelebrationSuitesGM, Owner/Manager at Celebration Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Celebration Suites is committed to providing a level of guest service that exceeds the expectations of our guests. We appreciate the chance to hear how our guests feel about their experience with us, because it allows us to further develop our service standards. I want to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay with us. The staff involved in the incidences you named have been identified and are aware of the service shortcomings you encountered that require their immediate attention. We are working to provide you with the exceptional service we feel you both expect and deserve.

Although this response hardly excuses the issues you encountered, we hope that you take our word that we take issues such as these extremely seriously. I apologize again for the lapse in service you experienced, and I hope you will join us again soon so that we may have another chance to show you that we are committed to providing an excellent experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2010

I called the day before we arrived to check on our reservation. They had nothing in their system, which made me nervous. I also asked about internet because my daughter had homework to do online. I was told it was free but we might have to come to the lobby to access it. When we arrived, they still didn't seem to be expecting us. One lady hesitantly asked the other if they should put us.... That was the first red flag.

We went to our room. The smell was horrible. It was probably from whatever was kept in the refrigerator before we got there. It didn't work well and most of the food we'd brought with us spoiled and had to be thrown out. We ended up at Walmart that night for air fresheners. We should have bought ant spray! We found ants in the kitchen not long after. We talked to someone in the office and they sent maintenance up. He sprayed something under the sink (which was moldy from a leak or something) and told us to give it a few days. With kids and considering we were planning most of our meals in the room, that was not an option we wanted to consider, but we gave it a day. By then, we had ants in the bathroom too. My husband went to the lobby to speak to a manager and was told there wasn't a manager on sight. He was given a number, which no one answered, so he headed back to the lobby. He finally got someone to answer. Basically no apologies were given, but we were given a new room. No offer of compensation either.

The new room was better. We didn't have the constant traffic sounds or the loud bus stop sounds we'd had before. It didn't smell and no ants, but first impressions are hard to change.

1  Thank rdagva

Thank you for submitting your review of Celebration Suites. We take reviews very seriously, as we are convinced that they are the best insight into how to improve the quality of our service to better meet and exceed the expectations of our guests. Our property is under renovations and as we enter the last phase, we are trying to eliminate any impact it may have on our guests.

One characteristic of the renovation is that is has created two room types, one which has been updated and renewed, and the suites that have not yet received the upgrades. Our Superior Rooms have been upgraded with new wall and ceiling textures and paint, new mattresses on every bed, and in some cases, even new furniture. We encourage our guests to book these rooms to receive the full effect of the progress we have made. In addition, we encourage our guests to let us know what they need to make their stay more enjoyable. Some people want to be in the center of the action while others want quieter areas, and when availability permits, we are more than happy to meet those requests. However, should any guest encounter issues with any of our rooms types, we are always willing to correct the issue to the best of our abilities. We are glad that the second room you were given was satisfactory, and we hope this demonstrates not only our commitment to you, but also that the initial experience was an isolated incident.

I truly appreciate that you took the time to help us make our hotel experience even better for current and future guests. I share these reviews with my staff to ensure that we are all aware of the level of service we are providing and what our guests need to make their vacations memorable. Thank you again, and we hope to see you in Kissimmee again very soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2010

ok , we go by parts
1) location ok , publix , walgreens and a lot of cheap shopping..ok 2) rooms ok , little bit old but no problems at all !!!!(always talking about superior room)
3) housekeeping , actually very good
4) be aware they give you the kitchen, but not the stuff ,so you have to rent it from them (dishes knife forks etc) for this will coast you 5 uss a day ,but if you need toaster you have to pay and extra 2 uss or something like this....
5) the reception was good except when i rent the kitchen stuff i have to carry this big box to my room(50 meters) !!!! after this very nice people
6) amenities : the swimig pool looks so good but my stay was cold , didnt use it
and the loundry was out of service (but they told me to go to the other wing ,there was working ( i didnt even try) and for wireless internet you have to pay extra !!!
and finishing my review : they charge you room + osceola tax + florida tax + resort fee +sale tax : example they said 64 and by the end its 84 or something like this
a little bit old but i can recomend it !!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
CelebrationSuitesGM, Owner/Manager at Celebration Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2010

Thank you for your assessment of your stay. Your review of Celebration Suites is greatly appreciated by me and my staff. We use reviews such as this to improve our hotel in ways that make every stay more enjoyable than the last and we hope to exceed the expectations of everyone we serve.

This review has brought to my attention areas where we are not meeting our guests’ expectations. As a result, we are amending our toaster rental policy so that guests do not have to pay any fees in order to use a toaster. In addition, we are also creating a new system for delivering dishes to our suites so that we may offer this service to all of our guests.

Our building D laundry facility is now operational again, and it has all new washing machines that save 62% more water than our previous machines. We apologize for the inconvenience caused while it was being renovated and upgraded with the new environmentally friendly equipment.

We are always looking for ways to improve the experience that our guests have when visiting us, and reviews such as this make that possible. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay, and we hope to see you in Kissimmee again very soon!

Reviewed March 12, 2010

This past weekend myself, my boyfriend, and 5 of our friends stayed at the comfort suites in kissimee. We chose this hotel because it was right next to old town (something we were planning on doing) and the price was right. The seven of us stayed in the room and although the one bathroom was kind of cramped nobody felt as though we needed more space. Almost everything about this hotel was enjoyable except for when we ran out of towels we called downstairs to the front desk and asked for two more sets of towels they brought us 2 floor towels that kind of made me upset. But there is no smell, we saw no bugs this place was quite enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I had been to Old Town and I thought it would be awesome to stay so close on our vacation. I couldn't have been wronger. First off we heard that it would be a wiser idea to get the superior hotel room because they where better. HA! When we walked into our room it was very very musty. But at first view it was very clean and very spacious. That was the only and best thing about the hotel that we liked. Not one of the doors worked well. The sliding door stuck something awful and both the front door and the bedroom door you had to slam to get them closed. The tv in the bedroom was extremely dated. Looks like it was from the 80's. Neither tv got good reception either. So much for cable tv. The internet reception was decent so no complaint there. The beds were a nightmare. The worst night sleep I've ever had a hotel. The beds where hard and very uncomfortable. Although I will say it was quiet. You didn't get a lot of distractions from Old Town. This was the first hotel I have ever had to pay for a continental breakfast. Seriously guys? The worst thing by far was how I got treated on our check out day. We opted for a late check out so we had went out for a bit on the town before checking out and we we returned we had been locked out of our room. Both of our keys weren't working. So we went to the office to find out what the heck was going on. Instead of getting I am sorry for the miscommunication or anything. I was rudely told that the card demagnetized and it happens. I have NEVER had a hotel key demagnetize. Then they tried checking me out early, by that point I was so upset that all I could tell him was I wanted my key to work so I could get my things. I also asked that since we were locked out of our room before we were suppose to leave that I wanted them to take off the fee for having a late check out since we were locked out of our room. The declined and admitted no fault to anything wrong with the keys again. We will never go back.