“You've got to be kidding!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Celebration Suites

Celebration Suites
Ranked #21 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Hernando, Florida
“You've got to be kidding!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

How anybody can give this place a greater rating than 1 star is beyond me. All I can say is you get what you pay for. THIS IS NO RESORT! The first building we stopped at was closed and in need of repair. Saw the "New" Reception building across the street. Staff was unresponsive and leaned toward arrogant. The buildings are all grouped around parking lots and there are a lot of buildings. There is no landscaping. We were assigned building M rm 1373. There were 2 benches and gravel at the entrance for all the rooms in this building...this does not make for a resort setting.

Bathroom amenities include a thin bar of soap and a tube of shampoo.
the security locks were missing. No wall decor at all. Furniture looks at best from a flea market or perhaps a pawn shop or resale store. There were no hangers in the closet and when I called to ask why the young lady told me they aren't provided. BUT...I did find them in the other bedroom??? Training needed? I don't know what the reviewer had for the 4 star rating and $39 we paid $79 and got nothing like that description. How does this person know the owners are making an effort? We had no dishes and why they weren't required to pay is a question for the owners. We had no flat screen TV. This person obviously had a much upgraded room though paid half what we did. Whatever - here is what we got, or didn't as is the case. I do agree this is a motel, typical motor inn style, that was made popular in the 60's & 70's, and looks and feels it.

Resort - I know it's not. It's almost deceptive advertising. Perhaps there are newer rooms but that's not what we got. And they should have mentioned this or discounted our stay.
Full Kitchens - pay $10 for the dishes, pots, utensils
Pet-friendly - only 2 rooms? how is that pet friendly?
Balconies and Patios - the walkway that leads to the room
$5 resort fee 2 Game Arcades smaller than a walk in closet
Picnic & Grilling Area - not near building M
2 Resort-Style Pools - my pool is nicer
24-Hour Fitness Center
2 Playgrounds (Senior and Junior) the kiddie closet is what it is
24-Hour Business Center with Free Wi-Fi not in the rooms though

Enough said see the photos.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless this is all you can afford. And then there are probably Red Roof Inns and...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dorothy S
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
We take pride in offering our guests a retreat that will best suit their needs, and we feel that we have all the amenities needed to make everyone feel at home. Still, we will keep your comments in mind as we continue to improve for our guests. Thank you for your candor. We serve thousands of satisfied guests each month and the vast majority of our business is from repeat business and referrals. I am disappointed that we were not able to impress you but I believe your expectations were for a 4 to 5 star full service resort which we admit we are not. We are a 3 star value oriented hotel catering to families who want proximity to the attractions, Old town, Celebration and who can appreciate the spaciousness of our rooms for a family of 6.

Celebration Suites Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
Milton, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I checked out the photos on Celebration Suites' website and then booked a suite online through a new discount travel site for only $39 per night. My expectations were not very high for a suite at such a low cost, but I was a little concerned after I read some of the reviews. When we arrived at the motel, we were relieved to find friendly staff and a VERY clean, VERY large suite of rooms. We chose the King superior suite which had a huge bedroom with a king sized, very comfy bed, flat screen TV, console table, chaise lounge, two closets, phone, clock/radio, safe, and private sink and vanity.

There was an ample sized kitchen with a 4 seat dinette set, two burner stove, small coffee maker & coffee, dishwasher & detergent, microwave, spotless refrigerator AND ours INCLUDED pots, pans, utensils, and dishes! (We were not required to rent or leave a deposit for the pots, pans & dishes as some reviewers have stated.)

The bathroom was located off the kitchen and was fully stocked daily with clean bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths, shampoo, and soap. This too was immaculately clean. There was a Conair hair dryer mounted on the wall for our convenience.

The living room had a couch with a pull out sofa bed (we did not use or examine it), two easy chairs, armoire with older style television, and a comfy murphy bed that our daughter slept on.

The motel is the typical motor inn style that was made popular in the 60's & 70's, but the new owners are doing a great job of updating and renovating the property. They are painting and maintaining the exterior as well as the interiors as quickly as they can. Though I would agree that some of the furnishings are a little shop worn, they were still clean and comfortable and not in the least offensive. There were NO bugs and NO odors at all. The carpeting was new and clean. Overall, I was extremely impressed with the value--I doubt we could have gotten a better room in Kissimmee at twice the price. We will definitely stay here again--it is conveniently located to all the Orlando area attractions, especially Disney.

If I had to find one fault it would be that there was an issue with the hot water a couple of times, but the managment and maintenance staff quickly and courteously took care of it. I have stayed in this style motel in other resort towns, paid 5 times the rate I paid for this one and the rooms were one third the size and dirty. I have never been so pleasantly surprised with a motel room EVER.

They advertise 3 pools, playground, game room, etc., but we never had time to explore them as we were too busy going to Disney and Sea Word, so I cannot speak as to their condition or cleanliness. As for the charge for the continental breakfast, we didn't do that either as we bought groceries to eat in the room or went out for breakfast. (There is a nice Cracker Barrel right up the street.)

Would I recommend this motel to others? You bet--it's a no brainer. The management definitely seems to be reading their reviews and striving to make improvements and that is commendable and rare these days. To the management and staff, keep up the good work! We will be back again in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second level in the building directly across from the office and closest to US 192...
2 Thank ValauraQ
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Wow! We are absolutely thrilled to hear how happy you were with your stay. It sounds like you really made the most of it! It was our pleasure to make your vacation even more memorable, Valaura. Thank you for the fabulous review. We would love to welcome you back again next year!

Warm regards,
leicestershire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had been looking for to this trip for some time, I have read the reviews and the place sounded quite nice, not fabulous but adequte and clean, as we wanted to be near old town, so as not to drive everywhere for a drink at night it was ideal. WRONG what a disgusting place, we booked a "superior 2 bedroom suite" we drove around to our room, the smell hit you as you walked through the door, it was dark, dirty, smelly and extremely outdated, we went back to reception and asked to see another room as we went happy, and surely it was a bit of bad luck, the next room, was ground floor, as bad as the other and the patio door didn't even lock, the next as bad, then we gave up, went back to reception and asked for a refund as there was no way we could stay there. There was no apology it was very strange, they just gave us a refund instantly, they must be getting used to it. In the end we walked up the road 2 minutes and got somewhere lovely.

Cleanliness
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We want all of our guests to feel comfortable and welcome here. It is truly disappointing to learn of your experience, especially since you were looking forward to your stay with us. I'd like to know more about this so we may attend to these particular rooms. If you can recall which rooms you looked at, please don't hesitate to reach out so we may improve for future guests. Until then, thank you for your candor. Your comments will only allow us to maintain our standards as we move forward.

Regards,
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Look at the guests pictures, I wish I had. Many of them could have been our room.
A travel baseball tournament brought us to Kissemmee this past June. The lodging was set up by one of the team coordinators. This was the property we were assigned. I have know idea what it cost and was never told that we had to supply our own anything. If I had the choice it would not have been part of my itinerary. Never being to Celebration Suites but seeing it from Old Town next door I was a bit concerned. It is not a place I would normally book for a trip, this one being a long weekend. When we arrived we were told not to open the doors and not to use the restaurant menus stuffed in your door because there has been a lot of scammers about. As it is off season in this area in June all of the guests were stuffed into two of the buildings closest to the lobby. We were at the one with the pool which of course generated lots of activity. Maybe too much. It was comparable to an "animal house" party at a fraternity. the Tri Lambs come to mind. Having to wash the kids uniforms between games was a hassle as most of the machines were not working and some that did, leaked on the floor. Also very crowded. One of the guests was washing enough stuff for a family of 6 for a month and she said she JUST got there 2 weeks ago. Hmmmm. Passing by some of the lower floors rooms we were noticing well lived in rooms, We later found out that many of the guests were living there, from being displaced from other properties. As I previously stated the guest pictures could have been our room. The properties pictures are lovely but by no means represent the condition of the "resort."
Our room was nathsty...... The TV had to be from the 80's. Old furniture most of which was poor condition, bathroom was not clean, bugs and remnants of bugs. The kitchen appliances were horrible. The first time I opened the refrigerator was the last. I used a baseball bat to secure the sliding glass door as the lock was missing.
To the Mgr: Please don't bother responding to my review, there is nothing you could possibly say that would make it better or give me any reason what so ever to want to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. While it was disheartening to learn of your experience, your feedback is invaluable as we continue to improve for our guests.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've avoided this property for years because of the reviews and the overall appearance. I purchased 2 nights from Hotwire and had very low expectations.
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. Check in and check out were quick, easy, and friendly. There are no resort fees, but wireless internet is not free (However, I was able to get a good signal on a free connection).
The room was clean, quite spacious, and met the needs of my family of 4 (you could easily sleep 6-8). The place is older, but everything worked fine. There is no central a/c, it is run on 2 wall units, but they worked fine.
There is nothing fancy about the place. Nothing modern. But, it did provide a really comfortable night's sleep with plenty of space. Having a full sized refrigerator/freezer was a major plus, as was having a microwave handy for popcorn. There aren't fancy toiletries like lotion and mouth wash, just bar soaps and a shampoo/conditioner combo bottle.
The pool area was well maintained and never crowded (I believe there are a total of 3 pools, but we only visited the one surrounded by buildings D, E, F, etc. There were several BBQs with seating close by available for guest use, a playground, and a game room.
Old Town is right next door, so we had plenty of dining options. We also opted to drive a mile or 2 to try out some fantastic ethnic foods.
Driving to Disney was a breeze, but there are free scheduled shuttle service to all major parks in the area. Check out time is 11 am, which was a nice plus so we didn't feel rushed.
Anyway, the place was not awful by any means, just outdated. My family didn't want to leave. I will gladly return with my kids since it's adequate lodging, family oriented, and budget friendly. I give it a solid 3.5 stars for our needs.

Room Tip: Pack your own toiletries if you'll require more than soap and shampoo. Also, bring some simple k...
1 Thank traelee
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
We're proud to have exceeded your expectations! It is our pleasure to offer you a comfortable space to relax between enjoying all the fun of the surrounding parks. Thank you for giving us a try, and for taking the time to share your story. We will continue to make strides to improve for our guests!

Regards,
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I don't consider myself to be a picky customer or stuck up. When looking for places, this hotel seemed like a great deal. I saw the reviews and they didn't look terrible. We had a puppy with us and I also had someone in our group with special dietary needs, so I was excited when I saw it was a suite with a refrigerator and allowed pets. I was also impressed by the price. The pics online did not look bad at all.

The minute we drove up to the place, I knew we were in trouble. There was no one outside to greet the cars, the parking lot looked dark and desolate, it was very chatoic, but I thought "Could be because we're here at midnight". The parking lot and the place looked dingy overall. We walked into the lobby and it was just so disorganized. The decor leaves much to be desired. There was no way to form an orderly line since it was just open space and every front desk clerk was busy (why I have NO IDEA!!), and we waited for about 10 minutes.

When we finally got our key, we got back in the car and drove through the parking lot to our building which was across the street! It looked old and dingy and we were right by Old Town which was very noisy. I tried to give the place the benefit of the doubt. We went up the stairs (not even sure if they have an elevator) and the minute we got closer to the room, we could already smell it in the hallway. That musky overpowering ammonia smell--PURE URINE!

When we opened the door, the place was beyond hot. They didn't leave the air conditioner running in Florida in SUMMER.(???) It was pretty musky. The place is OVERDUE for a renovation!!! When my mother approached the air conditioner in the room to turn it on, the cover and knob fell off!!! When we pulled the sofa bed out, there was no cover on the mattress and there was a huge urine stain on the mattress! The other pull out bed WAS ATTACHED TO THE WALL. Straight out of the 70s!!! The mattress was beyond filthy. Literally pulled out and pushed right back up. We tried to put up with the heat and even considered sleeping on that nasty mattress, but we just couldn't do it after 30 minutes of stifling heat and the really bad smell.

We decided to leave (we have never done this!). We DROVE back to the lobby. When we approached the front desk, we told the clerk that we couldn't stay, especially considering the urine stains on the mattress and the bad smell. She never said ONE WORD. Nothing. No sorry you did not like your stay, no let me get my manager, no we will look into this, nothing. This leads me to believe that she's used to getting this type of request.

She printed out the paperwork and didn't say anything else. We left and snuck the dog into our next hotel. I don't know how ANYONE can stay here. I cannot believe the "Not Bad" reviews I'm seeing. This place was BAD BAD BAD. Trust me.

Room Tip: Tip: Don't book!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We are proud to offer our guests a clean, affordable retreat in close proximity to the surrounding parks. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff are diligent in ensuring that all of our guests are comfortable, so your comments are quite concerning to us and extremely unusual. Furthermore, you should have had a better experience upon check-out. What you described is completely out of the ordinary, as we are always happy to help our guests switch rooms depending on availability. Please accept our sincere apologies if we did anything to make you feel mistreated. We will look into this immediately. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Even after staying at the property and knowing I would never go there again, the website continues to amaze me with the perfect photos taken at the perfect moment to make the property seem much better than it is. First, please understand it is an older style property with outdoor corridors and in-wall air conditioners. The property consists of several different buildings (A, B, C, etc) so once checked-in, you will walk outside, and to another building. As you enter and exit your building, you will pass large waste receptacles. This smell was quite offensive. There were empty beer cans on the steps as we walked upstairs (no elevator service). The website advertises free WiFi in the Business Center, however, there is a fee per hour. Also, to use the "Business Center" which is no more that one hotel room with office furniture and two computers (with CRT monitors), you must first return to the check-in building and leave your photo-ID to be given a "room key" with a one-time swipe access to the center. The situation is similar for the "game room".
I cannot stress enough that the AGE OF THE PROPERTY is an important factor. As the property ages, so do the appliances. Our refrigerator had rust in several spots, including the freezer and some wearing/grime in the rubber seals. The wood cabinetry in the kitchen and bathroom had nicks and noticeable imperfections, warranting replacement. Note, for extended-stayers, the "kitchen" only has a 2-burner cooktop (no oven), and most importantly, if you didn't pack your pots, pans and silverware in your suitcase, be prepared to take another walk to the check-in building to pay extra to rent these items. The murphy-bed was very worn. We actually had to call for maintenance to screw the headboard in for a secure connection. The furniture pieces in the living area were noticeably unmatched (different styles and wood shades). The motel is at best, 2 stars. It wasn't like sleeping with pigs or anything, but you just want to feel comfortable when you lay your head on the pillow. In this property I did not. I was so uncomfortable, I kept my slippers on and refused to allow my feet to touch the floor/carpet. If I had taken business friends or associates, I would have been embarrassed at the property. Not all major individual problems, but all-in-all, I would rather pay more up front, and be comfortable and not be "nickel-and-dimed" for the extra fees. Last month (8/2012) when I stayed at this property, I saw room rates for this Celebration Suites as high as $88/night. Why bother, when you can pay $10-$20 more and stay at one of the luxurious Westgate Properties in the same area. The staff was was nice, check-in was smooth, and the bedroom furniture appeared new, but it was too little, too late for me and my family! Again, the website is very fancy, but certainly misleading.

Room Tip: Skip a couple of fast-food meals before you book and use the extra cash to find a better property.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kkimberlyk
CelebrationSuitesGM, Management at Celebration Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
We want everyone to feel comfortable and welcome here. I am sorry to learn that you were displeased. As you mentioned, making the necessary updates is crucial in providing excellent customer service, and we will continue to make these updates as necessary. Thank you for your candor. Your comments will allow us maintain our standards for future guests.