“Not for Everyone”

Days Inn Kissimmee West
Ranked #81 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The motel staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast very basic. But...although the large rooms were "updated," paint, crown molding and granite counter tops, the rugs and furniture were old and dirty, there was mold on the bathroom ceiling and the flat pillows smelled like hairspray. There is no internet in the rooms at all, just in the lobby. The saying "you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig" rings true here. We had to force the company we booked with to upgrade us to the resort behind this motel for the remaining two nights of our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank teresaxo
OPRGuestExperiences, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kissimmee West, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Dear xteresao,

We are sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us at The Inn at Oak Plantation. We want you to know the issues you mentioned will be brought up to management. We advise our guests to please let a member of management know of any issues they may have while they are staying with us in order to resolve the problem right away. Again, we sincerely apologize and hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

So I booked this hotel as it was incredibly cheap. If it was that cheap again I would likely book again but if it was a similar cost to other hotels I would try elsewhere. First of all we were given two keys and one didn't work. The next day I got two more and one didnt work again. Now I had two good keys though so I was happy and no big deal. Upon entering the room everything smelled very musty and the carpet and bed sheets felt damp. I think this is because it seems they dont leave the air running if no one is in the room and in floridas humidity it makes it very damp. The carpets were dirty and mattresses stained but no sign of bugs so we can live with it. After about 4 days running the air the room felt much dryer. Online it said there were two beds but really it is a king and a pull out sofa. I asked for a room with two beds but they don't have any. Kinda sucked for the third person in our group who had to sleep on the pull out. The breakfast is literally just bagels, english muffins, orange juice, fruit punch and coffee. I thought the other reviews were kidding but they weren't. Not a great selection but better than nothing. The bed was descent the pillows were flat and really bad. By default there is no housekeeping at the hotel and to get it there is an extra cost. No big deal actually I didn't miss house keeping at all. Considering we booked a package with JetBlue for the same price as just the air tickets would have cost if bought alone I can't complain but I would try elsewhere if the price was the same.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Newdeal99

Dear Newdeal 99,

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We want you know that these issues will be brought up to our housekeeping and engineering departments. We do advise our guests to please mention any issues you may have in your unit to a member of management in order to solve the problem as soon as possible.We hope you will reconsider staying with us and give us another chance.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 19, 2012

OK first we booked a hotel then read the reviews and when there is more bad reviews than good I'm not willing to take a chance. So then we started reading reviews and based our pick on that.
So you do get what you pay for and need to keep that in mind. You are NOT going to get a 4 or 5 star hotel/motel for $41.00 which is what we paid. That being said, we were greeted by very, very nice staff. They did not have our keys but got them right away. We went into our room and the curtain was hanging, one light bulb out but other than that fine. Sheets were clean, we checked for bedbugs and found nothing. The ammenities to the adjoining property were NICE. Loved the pool. As said before wish we had internet access but the walk was short to the other property. Breakfast NOT a winner with us but again was a continetal breakfast so what to expect. Could pay for a better one at the other property but you don't have to travel far to find one less expensive with more varity. They have a shuttle to take you to Disney or any of the parks so that saved us. Just two drop offs and one pick up so expect to stay the WHOLE day at your park! The driver will wait 15 - 20 min. understanding you could get lost. He also took us through a drive thru as we were starving which was nice of him. James was his name and while a little talkative full of information so pick his brain! It's worth it. Posted one picture, and had a great time. Not the Taj but for the price not bad. None of the smells claimed on here and while not perfect we were on a whole pleased!!

Room Tip: Any problems just ask. . . they seem willing to make a good impression. My thoughts are this just ch...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank tailschris
OPRGuestExperiences, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Kissimmee West, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Hello Tailschris,

We are so very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your honesty and feedback as like you, viewers do take other guests opinions into account. We are sorry that there were things amiss with your room and will bring this up to our engineering and housekeeping department.

Our guests are especially happy when they find out all the things that are available for them at our resort as well as our complimentary shuttle which saves you on a rental and gas! We do hope you will consider staying with us again should you be traveling our way. Happy travels wherever you may go, regardless.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was expecting an average bed&breakfast hotel room and I was nicely surprised with a small suite very well equipped. The down side was that the rate I booked thru Expedia did not included housekeeping, so the room was never made. In addition to that the breakfast was pretty much the same in a B&B but was charged separately when most of this range of hotels include that in the room rate.
On the very positive side, I left a small radio handset in my room, the housekeeping lady found it kept it and gave it to the front desk and it was shipped to my home in South Florida. So kudos for taking care of me as a customer, I will most likely stay again, but after making sure the rate includes at least housekeeping.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is in the resort property not in the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Juan546

Dear Juan 546,

We are delighted to hear that you had a great time with us. We do apologize that there was confusion when booking your reservation. We do have two properties in which our guests have choices in booking at. The first is The Inn at Oak Plantation and this includes a complimentary continental breakfast. The other is Oak Plantation Resort which has a breakfast buffet but at a separate price. You may book with or without housekeeping.

We are also glad that our staff was so friendly and honest with you. Here at Oak Plantation Resort, we do our best to please our guests and make sure their stay is a comfortable one. We do hope you will stay with us again and hope to see you in the future.

Happy Travels,

Reviewed November 28, 2011

After i booked my room a friend of mine told me about the negative reports on trip advisor. I was skeptical and was debating on cancelling my reversation after reading some reports myself. I'M SO GLAD I WENT WITH MY GUT AND KEPT MY RESERVATION. Upon arriving to the Oak we were greeted by 2 very polite staff members. My 1st impression of the lobby was clean and didn't smell so i was feeling a little bit more secure. The hotel clerk escorted us to our room (no other hotel does that) and when he opened the door this pleastant smell smacked me in the face and a big smile and a sigh of relief followed! And all i could think about was the negative comments i read here on trip advisor. The room was very clean and smelled very good "NO LEAKY FAUCETS, NO MILDEW MOLDY SMELLS, VERY WELL LIT AND THE POOL WAS BLUE AND CLEAN! I would stay here again and again not to mention i referred my friends to stay there as well. The location was great and right down the street was a nice bar called Coach's Corner that you have to visit. The ONLY negative thing i can say is they didn't have free Wi-Fi in the rooms you had to go to the resort for that. But other than that my overall stay was 4 out of 5! I RECOMMEND THAT YOU SEE FOR YOURSELF AND POST YOUR OWN REVIEW! Paying only $99.00 for 4 days and 3 nights at myresortnetwork.com was a steal. THANKS!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Chawn E
Reviewed May 8, 2011

After reading the reviews, I was afraid. However, when we arrived, we were greeted by nice and friendly hotel staff. This is not the best hotel that I have stayed in, but our room was clean and the location is great. Breakfast included bagels, English muffins, coffee, and juice. Again, not fancy but enough for two girls on a "best friend bonding trip." Great value for the price.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank LovingBeaches1979
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Very unpleasant. Pillows were flat, rooms smelly and musty, staff uncaring, leaky faucet, my husband got sick with nausea and vomiting perhaps caused by the smelly water coming out of the taps. Room dark and moldy, no sheets on the sofa bed. This inn needs a major overhaul.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family