“Great deal!”
Review of Sunlake Resort

Sunlake Resort
Reviewed April 4, 2011

My wife and two kids stayed at this hotel from March 26 - April 1st. We booked a 2 bedroom condo and was shocked to find out we actually had a 3 bedroom. The condo was super BIG! Very close to places to eat and we were there to go to the Disney Parks and very close to those too. We checked in after hours and got our key out of the lockbox as instructed and didn't have any problems. The carpets could have been a little cleaner but didn't have any problems with noise or other items left from previous people staying there. We paid only 69.99 each night through bookit.com and couldn't expect much more since we got a steal of a deal! We weren't in our condo that long to need anymore. On Thursday we stayed around as it rained but the kids enjoyed the space and the DVD player. If we'd booked w/ a Disney hotel or another hotel by the park we would have paid much more and had less room. I would recommend this condo if you're not overly picky and just need space and a good place to stay. We had hot water and most importantly felt safe and had plenty of room for the 4 of us. Would stay here again!

Reviewed March 31, 2011

This place is a wreck! dont waste your time or money! If you are planning a vacation dont go here because you will be stressed. no hot water, suppose to be considered an emergency so why no one came to fix it, air condition hardly works, beer bottles left in room from unknown source, trash outside around dumpsters, no staff to clean it up. when i checked out and told the desk clerk that no one ever fixed the hotwater it was like what ever, these people dont care about your stay being comfortable they just want money.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

I absolutely love it! I loved how it was like an apartment, it was very big. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. I was very happy to have my own space, it even had a small second living area. There was a TV in the main living area, one in the master bedroom and one in the other bedroom. The view wasn't the best. We were told we were going to have a lake view but it was only trees. But we saw just a little
bit of Disneys fireworks from our balcony. We were also told we were going to have an Xbox with our TV but we didn't. It isn't really a resort it's more like apartment complexes. If you're looking for space this is definitely the place to go! Especially for the great price.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 14, 2011

This place was horrible and I would never suggest anyone stay here. The floors were so dirty our feet turned black. The carpets were stained and looked like they had never been vacuumed let alone steam cleaned. Everything was chipped or broken (not a towel bar in the place). The couch and beds had rips in the pillows or quilts. The linens were supposed to be white but were grey and didn't look clean. There wasn't a mattress pad on one of the beds and the beds were very saggy (the king bed had two depressions where you had to sleep). They would not give us extra towels and there were no towels in the kitchen. The only thing we can say is that it is close to Disney and it was cheap. If you have no cleanliness standards, feel free to try it. I would never have my dog stay there.

Reviewed February 21, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights in a 3 bedroom with my 4 kids all aged 6 and under. We were extremely pleased with the spacious accomodations and comfort of the condo. It was very clean as well. Very nice hardwood floors throughout which was great as I hate hotel carpeting. Would stay again in a second. So close to the Disney gate. The pool was nice. We only wished it was open later. Great resort.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed January 12, 2011

My family of 5 (2 adults, 20 year old, 9 year old and 3 year old) stayed in the 3 bedroom. I am a travel agent so we are used to staying in some pretty nice places. This place wasn't terrible. There were little things wrong such as no fry pans, limited kitchen supples (no kitchen towels or rags), and broken bar stool (or lack of, there was only one). For the most part it was clean, I am a clean freak so I was wiping down things I noticed on the walls etc. but nothing that you probably wouldn't find in your own home from normal use. If you are ok with the intentions of bringing your own toiletries and washing your pillows before you use them it wasn't a big deal (my pillow smelled like another person so I threw it in the wash (no big deal!). The extra space, kitchen, laundry facility and everyone having their own bedrooms were our main concern. We were only there 4 nights so we didn't mind not having the extra amentities that a hotel offers. The furniture was nice but you could tell people who rent these units do not treat them like they would if they were at home. Our unit had all Kenmore appliances. The carpet does need replaced with hardwood and the walls repainted because of dings but we were satisfied and would go back if the price was right. I didn't get to see the pool but I think this may be a good place if you are just sleeping and eating breakfast here. There is a Super Target really close by so we were able to get groceries and things we needed. Just beware that you need to go shopping for normal things you would need at home like toliet paper etc. If you keep this in mind it is just like moving into an apartment for the first time you will be ok. This is not a hotel it is like renting an apartment! If you are ok with that then you should be ok. For $79 we really can't complain!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Myself and my husband and his brother and wife booked an eight day stay on bookit for the week of Dec 17, for a 3 bedroom condo. I read all the reviews on the resort and hoped for the best since some reviews were good, some not so good. I should have known when we walked up to the door to go inside the condo the door was dirty. We walked inside the condo and the first thing we saw was how dirty the carpet and walls were. I had read on line to bring all the tp and other items for cleaning, because they did not supply them. I was bring cleaning items anyway to clean the bathroom really well, because my husband had a kidney transplant in August and wanted the bathroom as clean as possible. The lighting in the unit was not very good. We brought light bulbs from home and put them in the lamps. Maybe they don't want good lighting in the units because it would show how filthy the unit really is. I went to the bathroom to clean it and could not believe what I found. The more I cleaned the more dirt I found. Myself and my sister-in-law cleaned for 2 and 1/2 hrs on the condo. The closet doors were full of dust and needed to be wiped down. My husband took wipes and wiped all the handles of the doors and the light switches off. The wipes were black showing they have never been cleaned. The baseboards in all the rooms looked like they have never been wiped down. The furniture in the master bedroom had never been cleaned. I could have made a dust bunny with all the dirt I wiped off. All the pictures on the walls and the items above the kitchen counter were very dirty.The vents in the ceiling in all the rooms had so much dirt and other things hanging out of them it almost made me ill. The last draw was the vent cover over the filter for the furnance, it was filthy. I got on the phone to the answering service and they did contact me back. I told them about all the things wrong and they said they would send someone over. In about 30 minutes someone was there to clean the vents and the dirt on top of the frig and to clean the top of the furniture we had already cleaned. The gentleman that cleaned the unit took the furnance filter with him. When he pulled it out is was completely black. Looked like it had never been changed. He said he would bring another one back to replace it the next day. I don't believe he ever did replace it. We never saw him again. We went to the office the next morning when they opened and they let us look at another unit, which was much cleaner looking in the dark light, but the beds were terrible. We went back to the office and they said that was all that they could do. We told them we would stay only because we had already cleaned the dirt up and the only thing decent about the condo was the beds. The beds were decent to sleep on. My husband asked about getting the carpet cleaned again and they refused saying they had cleaned the carpet before we arrived. I would advise it you are thinking about staying here don't!!! It is the filthest place we have ever stayed.
Spend a little more money and go somewhere else. We would never stay here again and we would never use Florida Magic Vacations. BEWARE !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family