Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II
Galleria Palms Hotel(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$87
Hotels.com
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$97
Celebration Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$109
$95
  • Pool
Star Island Resort and Club(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$93
Liki Tiki Village(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$107
$102
  • Restaurant
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$148
Cancelon
$385
$369
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull kitchena wonderful family vacationliving roomslides and lazy rivertimeshare unitsjacuzzi tubnew appliancesfront officethe rooms were nicemajor attractionswould highly recommend this resortrecommend staying herethe security guardinternational drivesea worldchecking outgreat pool
Reviewed February 4, 2008

We are time share owners and have always experienced above average accomadations in Florida. However, that changed dramatically when we stayed at Vacation Villas at Fantasy World II. The description of the 2 bedroom condos is sparse..for good reason! The condo was like a very dark hallway with furniture pushed against the wall. The kitchen had a very small, high window, and about 1 foot of counter space! There was a industrial sized trash can in the kitchen. The sofa appeared to have been was picked up from the trash, and was very hard. The bedrooms are very small, and our bed frame was broken. We called the office and were assured the frame would be replaced, but nothing was ever done. Sleeping was very uncomfortable. The only laundry facility is up 3 floors. The pool was like tap water and not at all refreshing. We will continue to exchange other time shares, but only after we have heard from other travellers.

Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank annabelleWaterloo
Reviewed January 6, 2008

We just returned home from a stay at this location. It's hard to complain when we had the week for free (a gift from a friend), but I would have been royally bummed if we had paid for the place. Here are the pros and cons of our stay. We have sent these to the management company as well:

Pros:
- Close, but not right on top, of the Disney scene. Some of the other lodging we had considered seemed to always have issues with traffic from the the parks, outlets, etc. It was quiet at night.
- Grocery store, Burger King, etc right across the street.
- Ample space.
- Well furnished kitchen. They started us off with dishwasher soap, sponge, dish soap, Tide, Bounty, etc.
- Pool was heated and look fine. It was just too cold to use while we were there.

Cons:
- At some point, our room was smoking. I'm going to be washing everything we brought with us.
- Really poor insulation and minimal weather stripping. We were there during one of the coldest times since 1980, and we had to put pillows and towels along the bottoms of the doors to keep out the cold and critters.
- Messy laundry facilites. Gum in dryers which limited getting things clean quickly.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Amy P
Reviewed November 7, 2007

Upon arriving at the room, we found a lamp to be broken, the clock radio on the floor, the toilet plugged up, and the chain for the lock missing in the lock off room. When reading through the literature for the resort that was in the room, it stated that shuttle service was available. Was told in the welcome center that this service is not offered. There was a sign in the room stating that there was to be no smoking in or around the room (including the patio area) or there would be a $500 charge added to the bill. While sitting on the patio, there were numerous cigarette butts littered under the bushes, along with other garbage that had, from the looks of it, been there for awhile. Sitting in the pool area, more garbage was noticed under the bushes around the fence. During the meeting to discuss the timeshare, all of these items were brought up. The response was that it was a very busy rental time and the staff wasn't able to keep up with the maintenance.

The beds were all extremely uncomfortable. No maid service offered at all unless you asked for something.

Overall, not a place that will be visited again by this traveler.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank lestertravels
Reviewed August 7, 2007

Customer service was fantastic! I had a few problems and it was taken care of b4 I could get the complaint out of my mouth. The rooms were clean but the room I was in could use some serious upgrades. For example, tiles out but not replaced, carpet with some spots and just look old. The sofa and the beds were comfortable to me. I just loved the space. I didn't like the shower downstairs. It very small and one of those old ones. The shower upstairs is big and powerful force of water comes out. Now the first night the water wasn't going down. I called and right away they send someone to fix it. The best thing about this hotel is that it's like an apartment. You have everything to cook including a blender, tea kettle, bowls, coffee cups etc...and dishwasher. They only give you a little sample detergent. I didn't ask could we get more, I just brought some. I called for more towels so I didn't have to wash everyday and at first I was told housekeeping don't like to give out extra but they gave me several. Sofa bed downstairs. Two rooms upstairs. The twin beds have a picture of tigger and Winnie the poo so that's a nice Disney touch. I loved the ceiling fan in my room which had the queen bed. The washer and dryer is upstairs. The living room had a DVD and VHS player. You can go to blockbusters across the street or rent from the store in the hotel. A/C works great which you can adjust yourself. Downside, if you are looking for luxury and you are thinking that you are at one of Disney's resorts you will be disappointed. There was cigarettes butts all on the walkway. I didn't like to have to make my beds up everyday and clean up but that's your choice. They offer maid service for a fee. The area is very quiet and I saw a patrol car around. The store is nice but expensive for little stuff. I did get some nice T-shirts for 3.99 there and he went down on the price for a Disney one. There is a big grocery store across the street called Publix. We walked. We ate at Bob Evans and the people were friendly and the place was clean. There are several restaurants on another street that's not far. Oh if you are riding the bus to Disney or Universal you have to get a voucher b4 you ride and give it to the driver. If the bus fills up you don't have to ride it, just call the hotel. I made the mistake of riding on a full bus and standing after a long day at the park. They suppose to provide seats at all times. It's not fun waiting for the bus. They always came 10-15 minutes late at pickup. You have to leave the park (Disney) at 6:15 or at 8:45 pm. So if you want to stay for the firworks a cab costed us $25. We got a rental car for more freedom. I hope this helps.
Oh and they have several board games, volleyballs, tennis balls etc you can use.
Overall, I didn't have no real bad experience. My only thing is next time I go I want to stay somewhere where it's new and upgraded. I want luxuary for a vacation even if I have to pay the price for it. But on a budget this is ok. You can live with it and you are not there all the time.

Stayed: July 2007
6  Thank Deeishere
Reviewed July 14, 2007

I booked this hotel after I could not get a reservation with the resort I usually stay at in Florida. While this is not as upscale as I am usually accustomed to visiting, I found this hotel to be very clean and comfortable. The staff is very friendly, check -in and out was a breeze. The main pool is very nice with 2 pool parties per week. The best thing about this hotel is no one bugs you to buy time shares etc. during your stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget taking a family to Orlando.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family