“Avoid! Poor Amenities and Staff” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Florida Vacation Villas

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Florida Vacation Villas
MD
“Avoid! Poor Amenities and Staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2008

I stayed at Florida Vacation Villas over Thanksgiving week in a 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath townhouse. The unit fine for the most part - some updating had been done... However, when I called to confirm my reservations the week before I was assured that we would be able to swim in a HEATED pool. Monday evening my family and I tried to swim, but the water temperature simply wasn't warm enough for an evening swim. I called the following day to ask if the temperature could be adjusted. The front desk clerk informed me that it would take a few days to heat and asked if I was staying for one or two weeks. I told her one and she said that it probably wouldn't be heated enough to swim in before I left. I found the staff glossing over problems like this constantly. I was told that Guest Services would be open on Sunday. It wasn't. The facility is not manned 24/7, so if you have any problems or questions you have to wait until normal business hours. Checking in and out early or late is not especially convenient. They advertise WIFI, but it is only in the Guest Services area. The staff did inform me that if I wanted to use the Internet in the evening that I could sit on a bench outside of the office and my laptop could probably pick up the signal. Great. You also have to take out your own trash, which is located at the very back of the property behind some buildings - we had to put the trash in the car and drive it. The tour that they offer should be avoided at all costs!! It is a scam with pushy, rude salespersons. We were there for over 3 hours!! I filed a written complaint that was over 2 pages long.

For a completely enjoyable Florida experience I would NOT recommend Florida Vacation Villas. It is worth the extra money to stay at a location that is staffed with true professionals who understand customer service and working amenities!

• Liked — Proximity to theme parks
  • Disliked — Amenities
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank SKayM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Harrisburg, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2008

This was our second visit to Florida Vacation Villas and we were very happy with the accommodations. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bath unit in the building across the street from the main complex. The decor is a little dated, but everything was in good working condition and clean - no bugs or smoke smells. The kitchen had a good supply of pots, pans, dishes, utensils and appliances. The bathrooms were fine. My only complaint was that the soap dispenser in the master shower is mounted in an awkward spot and I kept bumping my shoulder on it and since we stayed during Thanksgiving week, we only got to exchange towels once during the week and I ended up buying some extras on Thanksgiving day. There is a small pool and playground located behind the building we were in, but the better pool with the hot tub is across the street along with the pool table and game room. We enjoyed the free Krispy Kreme donuts and coffee in the office each morning. We were only asked once if we wanted to do the "tour" of another property and when we declined we weren't pressured or pestered again. The staff gave us a pumpkin pie which we enjoyed after our Thanksgiving dinner. Surprisingly, I had no problem preparing a small "feast" for the family using the supplies provided in the kitchen and the dining table was large enough to accomodate all 5 of us and our feast with room to spare! This was definitely not a 5 star resort/spa experience, but it was a homey and comfortable place to relax and unwind in between vacation activites.

• Liked — easy access to all tourist attractions
  • Disliked — We had to cross a busy, 4 lane street to get to the ammenities on the property
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Karyn1990
Bristol, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2008

Our family of 5 stayed here 10/11/08-10/18/08. Our unit slept 6 privacy/8 total. The unit has a 2 bedroom, 3 bath unit. The unit had a MBR with King bed, MBath, full kitchen, Dining area for 6, 1 Full Size BR with Bath, 1 "suite" with pull out Queen sofa, kitchenette and bath.

The staff was very friendly. The unit, though older, was immaculate. We had towel exchange on Tues & Thurs. Plenty of towels, blankets and kitchen supplies provided.

Though we faced the highway and were next door to an outside bar/grill, we did not have any noise.

The grounds were well maintained.

The only negative is that our unit had 3 doors leading to the outside, but we were only provided with one key. This was fine for our family because my kids are old enough that I didn't worry that they open the door from the inside and young enough that we stayed together.

We stayed "cheap" on an RCI exchange from Skyauction.
I would stay here again even if we had to pay triple what we paid!

We used it as a home base to travel to Tampa, SeaWorld, Universal and Downtown Disney. Very easy access to all.

• Liked — Large & Clean
  • Disliked — Old Keys instead of flat key card
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2008

Decided to take a last minute trip to Orlando with the kids before school started and no RCI Gold or Silver Crown resorts were available so we booked FVV for the week.

The place is conveniently located just off Irlo Bronson Hwy and while its somewhat quiet and secluded, it is right around the corner from restaurants and within two miles of a Super Target and two Wal Marts.

The complex is small and dated. Office closes at 5pm. Game room is pretty sparce. Pool area with a jacuzzi and grill is very well kept.

We stayed in a 2 BR/2 BA unit on the second floor. The outside of the unit definitely needed a good powerwashing. Inside had all the amenities one would need with the exception of a washer/dryer. Garbage disposal would be nice, too. We did have some crawly critters welcome us, but a couple of shots of Home Defense Max kept them out for the week.

Beds were a little old and worn, but serviceable. TV's in both BR's worked fine. Sofa bed in living room didn't completely fold in, but that was OK. A/C kept the place cool.

Linen exchange twice a week and they were prompt. Other than that, we didn't need the services of the front desk or maintenance.

We spent every day at Wet N Wild, Sea World, Universal Studios, etc so the above issues were not a problem for us, but had we stayed in more, I think they might have been.

Overall, it was a decent stay but definitely only because we weren't able to book at a Gold/Silver Crown Resort.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and outdated amenities
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank Herfnerd
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2008

My four kids and I decided to go visit my new baby nephew in Orlando, so we booked a week at florida vacation villas. The unit was in dated condition; however, it was clean and very spacious. Also, the refrigerator was leaky, some of the tv remotes didn't work, but even with those minor issues we still had a pleasant stay.

There was a small pool that was empty most of the time. I guess everyone was doing the disney thing and we weren't. My daughter said the gym was dated and most of the equipment was in some state disrepair, but we are the type of family that makes the most of our vacation no matter what and we had a blast.

If you're looking for state of the art accomodations, then this place isn't for you. but if you just want a clean quiet place to lay your head after a day at the parks, then vacation villas is a decent choice.

• Liked — spacious and quiet
  • Disliked — dated and in some state of disrepair
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank rugratmama
sarnia ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

Upon our arrival, we were initially apprehensive, since it was definitely not up to the type of accommodations, we generally stay at.
Upon entering, it appeared OK. Living Room, Kitchen and Dining areas seemed bright and cheery . The one bathroom had been re-done and again was fine.

However, upon checking the bedrooms, all the Bedspreads should have been discarded years ago. We promptly took them off and left them off for the duration of our stay. Heaven only knows, when they were last laundered.

The bedrooms has old, out-dated, dirty carpets. The other rooms were fine, since they were vinyl, so they looked OK.

The mattress in the main bedroom, creeked and groaned with the slightest movement...good job we were exhausted after the day spent at the Disney Parks.

The ensuite bath was a disgrace! The tub faucets were missing parts. The tub could not hold water, and the tub faucets was not working. The shower door was something else!!! Just plain disgusting!! Beside being disgusting looking, it hardly moved, so it was very difficult to get in and out.

Another odd thing - they do a "towel exchange" on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which seems strange, since you only have 1 day between Tuesday & Thursday, but 4 days between Thursday and Tuesday.

Another thing, the Laundry facilities were old and dilapitated.

We were just glad that we carry cleaning supplies and disenfectants ... we certainly needed it. And, thank heavens, we were only there to shower and sleep!

• Liked — We had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
  • Disliked — Overall appearance of both bedrooms and ensuite bathroom
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank retiredtravellers05

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2008

I have to say that after reading some of these comments before I arrived made me nervous! But after staying here and being treated better then any resort I have every been to, was great. The people there are wonderful and the place was nothing like how some of these people described it. I fould my unit clean and well supplied. I was in unit 107 and I loved the area and location. We were right by the pool and the pool bathrooms were right there if we needed them. The resort had a BBQ on Friday for all the guest and we went to the another pool they had and that was a nice addition to the week. Thanks to the staff and mangement company. We had a great time and we will be back!!!

• Liked — LOCATION
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family