“Food good, customers bad”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #39 of 793 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet
Redditch, United Kingdom
“Food good, customers bad”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We are anything but food snobs, and have enjoyed eating at Golden Corral a number of times before, not just in Orlando. Our experience here, though, has seriously put us off for good.

The night before, we had tried the Golden Corral in Lake Buena Vista. On arrival, people were waiting in a long queue outside the door, so we turned round and headed elsewhere.

Thinking it might be quieter (ha!) we tried this one on US 192 the next evening. As before, there were a number of people waiting in the queue, but it went down quickly, and we were escorted to a table in a far corner. On the way, we began to think we had made a bad choice, as we walked past (and around) children running around, people standing chatting in groups, food on the floor, and a massive level of noise from the whole place.

Food-wise, you know what you’re paying for at Golden Corral, and it is still excellent value for money. There is a vast range, of varying quality, but really everybody should be able to find plenty to enjoy.

It was the chaos that really put us off our meal. People were acting like animals, with food being dropped, thrown and left all over the counter and floor. Kids were pushing and shoving to get to the desserts, whilst others were running and shouting. The staff were struggling valiantly to try and keep the place remotely clean and tidy, but were very much losing the battle.

We can’t remember actually feeling uncomfortable eating anywhere in the USA before, on any of our trips. But this time, we looked round in disbelief and honestly felt that we didn’t belong there at all. Such a shame, because as I mentioned before, the food is still great value for money, but our whole experience left us so bothered that we are unlikely ever to eat at Golden Corral again.

We do appreciate the value and convenience of buffets (we don’t really have many here in the UK), but we found Sweet Tomatoes to be a hugely more enjoyable, and civilised, experience.

• Visited December 2012

• Arabic first
Worcestershire
“Better than other buffets”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here twice recently. Breakfast didn't impress me much, I preferred other buffets. However, lunch today was excellent. Plenty of choice, good salad bar, good pot roast, good chicken and good taco/fajitas. Ice cream a bit watery but good value for money.

Visited April 2013
Kissimmee, Florida
“Went Downhill”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

When our family first moved here last April, going to the Golden Corral was a treat for us. We didn't have one in the city we moved from. We were very impressed with the variety of food, the desserts and the service. While the service, desserts and variety stayed the same, the taste of the food seems to have gone sharply downhill. Even my 12 year old criticized it. I didn't want to say anything to her that I noticed it so as not to ruin her lunch. She said it to me and I said I'm glad you said it, at least I know it's not just me! The food is mostly over-cooked, dried out and bland! I have been there for breakfast also which consisted of dried out ham, bacon and cold eggs. I will not be returning there anytime soon! They need to make major improvements to get my business back! Avoid!

• Visited March 2013
Syracuse, New York
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We did like that there was a large selection of food, however, I was disappointed in the quality. For a drink and dinner buffet it was around $16 dollars! The food was definitely not worth that much I felt that we could've gone to a nicer restaurant with better quality food for that much money!

(they do make custom steaks which is nice -- I didn't get that, but maybe I should've now that I think about it!)

Visited March 2013
1 Thank jen a
chapman
“Golden Corral = Good Value”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We have visited this restaurant for many years during our annual winter trips from the north with a young family. Now the family is grown and we still go with friends. It has always been a great value...mind you now, this is not a high end eatery with linen tablecloths. Neither is it a sit down wait on you place. It is a buffet that serves above average food for a fair price. The variety is huge. It must be experienced to grasp the number of items. There are different prices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Made to order omlets till 11AM. Different nights feature steak or roast beef. The location we visit is called a "model restaurant" ..whatever that means...They also have the ability to move a long waiting line at a fairly good pace. I give it 5 stars overall for the variety, quality and efficiency.

• Visited March 2013