“Quality food in a vibrant atmosphere”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #37 of 818 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a very positive experience at this Ourback restaurant, although some other recent reviewers clearly had different encounters. We were paged for our table before other groups that had arrived before us, though our allocation to a 6-seat table was evidently due to our family party being 5 and not the typical "4". The others were seated shortly afterwards and that relieved our guilt of queue-jumping. Skipping the starter options, our main courses were both delicious and plentiful. In fact we didn't have room for desserts either. Our waiter Scott S was superb. A great first experience of this "chain" and well worthy of a revisit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

45 mins to be seated, 45mins for our accompaniments, 30 more for mains, dreadful-grease soaked fries and tiny portions......How this is so high up the recommended list is beyond belief.

1  Thank frequentflyer017
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This location of Outback serves it up right, I have never had a bad experience there. The food is excellent and the staff are always very courteous and helpful

1  Thank AzBat
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Worst run restaurant!! Went 4/7/2013, asked for a wait time for 5 people, was told 15-25 minutes. Got my hubby and 3 kids off the car, ages 8, 3, 10 months HUGE Mistake. Restaurant was freezing inside. Sat waiting for 1 hour, was told we were the next table of 5 to be seated, they sat tables of 6 and 7 but 5 apparently could not be sat. In the hour I was waiting I observed no one was leaving so there was no table turnover, that means the kitchen is probably as disastrous as the reception. One man who fought to be seated stood up to complain he waited an hour to be seated and half an hour later still had no water or bread served. My final straw was when i noticed you had to complain to be sat, in the meanwhile those complaining with bigger parties than I were getting sat before my party. I took my pager and set iton the hostess table and told her sternly "goodnight !" The two hostess ran after our party to apologize but I asked her how can she apologize when I sat in front of her for an hour with my 3 kids and asked her multiple times when we would sit and she would say we were next ! But she kept passing every party of 6 before us? Then the other hostess told us they were cleaning our table. We told her to keep it. Ended eating Italian at "Giordano's " next door. We were sat immediately, comfortably, and the waitress helped us order cost effectively and promptly. I will never return to thatOutback Steakhouse again.

1  Thank MSoto17
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had bought gift cards for our trip to Florida in our home town of Ellwood City, Pa. one of which was "Outback". While in Kissimmee, for a visit to Disney World, we used our card at the Outback there. BAD mistake. Ordered a "Blooming Onion" which was over cooked almost to burnt outside, while the inside was undone. I had a Bacon/Cheeseburger, which was grease from top to bottom. So much so I didn't want to touch it, I ate it with a knife and fork. Also I found the cheese to be a small part of it, but that may have been a good thing because it looked quite old. Linda ordered Coconut Coated Shimp which also was to greasy. Linda ended up taking the coating off so she wouldn't have to deal with the grease and just ate the shrimp. I will say the bread was good. Service was not good either. Waitress here was, as at another place we ate, to fast in her speaking. There may have been specials, but no matter, she spoke so fast Linda and I didn't understand her at all. She was one of those waitresses that has it memorized and expects you to get it when she rattles it off. I know I could've ask her to repeat, but, in all fairness, I hardly never get the special, so there was no need. All in all I believe it was a waste of time and money and probably will never return to an Outback again. Although, as I learned from a friend who managed restaruants for more than 30 years, service and food is a reflection of the manager. So it could be just this one place. Two more thing. First that place was VERY busy. People outside waiting to get in. Maybe I should've taken a poll of what others were having and had that instead. I can't believe they came for the Bacon/Cheeseburger, Blooming Onion or the Coconut Coated Shrimp. And secondly when seated were seated at what I would describe as almost picnic bench seating. We took it upon ourselves to inform the hostess we were heading outside for a more quiet setting and one more to our liking. This is a very critical review I know, but it reflects what we both felt of the dining experience.