“As Always - Great Food and Great Service”

Charley’s Steak House & Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley’s Steak House & Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 858 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US 192 & Celebration Place
Description: Charley's Steak House focuses on providing guests with the highest quality steaks available. Each USDA Prime and Choice steak is aged on the premises for four to six weeks and are hand-cut daily by management to ensure consistent quality. The steak is then flame-grilled over our unique 1200-degree Florida citrus & oak wood fueled custom pit. This carefully monitored process enhances quality and tenderness and adds a tantalizing taste that elevates Charley's to the ultimate steakhouse experience. With a variety of steaks featuring naturally organic, Bison and Kobe selections, Charley's strives to provide guests with the most unique dining experience and the best steaks anywhere!
Reviewed August 19, 2014

When I arrived in Orlando, I decided to eat at Charley's and called for a reservation. I thought it would be a nice surprise for my 80 year old father who met me at the airport. When we arrived, we were enthusiastically greeted by Kelly, our waitress, who promptly took our drink order. Kelly told us about Charley's specials and we ordered our meal. The salad with house dressing was cold and crisp - tasted great.I had the lobster while my dad had the filet. Both items were cooked to order and the taste was wonderful. Dad was able to eat all of his filet, but I brought half my lobster home! It was good for lunch! We had very enjoyable experience at Charley's thanks to Kelly's exceptional service. If you want a great knowledgeable waitress, ask for Kelly. She has worked there for many years and knows a lot about Charley's and their food.

1  Thank Carol B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Can't say enough how great the steak is here, melts in your mouth. Our waitress was amazing. I don't usually venture above 2 dirty martinis anywhere we go but I had to order one more here. They stuff the green olives with Bleu Cheese & just the perfect amounts of olive juice, vermouth, & vodka (not a gin guy). I loved the demo with the steaks & again, our waitress found a way to make something she does 100 times a week very interesting & fun. I've never left a bigger tip & I'd do it again.

I've eaten all over the country & the world & I haven't found anyplace that does as great of a job with food, drinks & service, although that had a great deal to do with our waitress. If I lived in the area, I'd eat here weekly.

2  Thank Stan L
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My first visit to a Charley's steakhouse was in Tampa Bay going back about 20 years when I was on a business trip with a few colleagues. My meal then was delicious and I raved about it when I came home to New Jersey. I eaten at some of the finer steakhouses like Ruth's Chris and others but none of them touch Charley's. When I got married in 1996 I actually made my wife go there for dinner as we were at Disney for our honeymoon and when I found there was a Charley's in Orlando I just couldn't resist. We've probably been back at least 15-20 times since then as almost every time we visit the Orlando area we try to get there for a dinner. Our latest experience this past week was no exception to the rule that the food is always excellent and it's always a great meal. They are very accommodating and actually prepared a wedge salad for us with blue cheese even though they've taken it off the menu. We shared the escargot appetizer for which the garlicky goodness can't even be described. We then split the wedge salad and also split the porterhouse steak. While it is pricey the portions are huge and we took some of the salad and the porterhouse home. The steak was cooked perfectly it was like butter when you bit into it. The citrus notes from the grill that they use are just a perfect combination with the steaks. I can't say enough about this restaurant and the other restaurants in the talk of the town restaurant group. I highly recommend going to Charley's, you will not be disappointed, but I will say this. If you like your steak medium well or better you probably should not go there as the steaks that they age and sell at the restaurant are best eaten no warmer than medium (and our best in my opinion at medium rare) and this is coming from somebody who for years used to like nothing cooler than medium well. What I'm happiest about is now that we've moved to Florida we will only be a little over an hour away from one of the best steak houses out there.

2  Thank jpirone
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The price was a little bit more than I wanted to pay, but considering the amount of food and quality, I am not upset about it. I'll be back to this location soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Have been coming to charleys for 12+ years. During that time we've tried every other steak house in the area and nothing comes close in terms of quality of steak and cooking process. The open BBQ pit really adds that lovely flavoursome crust while meat remains tender and juicy inside. Personally I always go for a Kansas or strip steak or equivalent on the bone.

Unfortunately over the years nothing else has changed! The place is a bit drab and needs a makeover. Service is hit and miss and all depends on the server and how many tables he/she is covering. On this visit our man was excellent.

Wine list is pretty good but pricey. I am not convinced about the storage as the reds are often served too cold. A good sommelier would be a bonus and I am sure wine sales and quality would improve.

Starters and sides are ok but nothing special. Why they can't do simple fries rather than some sort of cheese coated wedges I don't know. Asparagus was over cooked and mash a bit sloppy. You get a decent salad and warm bread anyway so you really don't need too much extra!

Word of warning. Everything is fried in peanut oil so if you have an allergy avoid. They don't tell you this and should.

So, if you are after good steak, this is the place. If you are looking for a more rounded foodie experience then head to somewhere like Chatham Place or Bull and Bear.