“Excellent Steak! Florida Expectations ...”

Charley’s Steak House & Seafood Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Charley’s Steak House & Seafood Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 793 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US 192 & Celebration Place
Description: Charley's Steak House focuses on providing guests with the highest quality steaks available. Each USDA Prime and Choice steak is aged on the premises for four to six weeks and are hand-cut daily by management to ensure consistent quality. The steak is then flame-grilled over our unique 1200-degree Florida citrus & oak wood fueled custom pit. This carefully monitored process enhances quality and tenderness and adds a tantalizing taste that elevates Charley's to the ultimate steakhouse experience. With a variety of steaks featuring naturally organic, Bison and Kobe selections, Charley's strives to provide guests with the most unique dining experience and the best steaks anywhere!
Big Bear Lake, California
“Excellent Steak! Florida Expectations ...”
Reviewed March 2, 2008

I accidentally discovered Charlies in 1992 while visiting from California: the steak was one of the BEST I had ever had. I returned a few years later and, once again the steak was TERRIFIC. I have been going to Orlando to eat at Charlies and always had a GREAT steak and mostly acceptable treatment from the staff. The service standards are not comparable to Morton's, LGs Prime, Lawry's or Ruth Chris' level -- but the Orlando area is geared toward tourist travellers and not particularly known for its fine dining experience. I agree wth the other reviews about the overpriced menu, but you cannot go wrong with the basics ... a well-seasoned steak and baked potato. If you enjoy a really unique tasting steak —ENJOY Charlies!

Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Big Disappointment”
Reviewed January 26, 2008

I Wish I had read the reviews here before I went. I never would have gone. I was overcharged for my steak, I ordered a Kansas City Strip steak for 28 bucks, and was charged for a NY Strip for 36 bucks. The NY Strip was not even on the menu. The Steak was full of gristle and tasted greasy due to the fact it was served luke warm. The steak comes with House salad (The only offer one dressing) and bread and butter. The bread was hot and fresh. All sides are ala carte. Bottom line, the steak was horrible, which made the entire meal a bad experience. Next time I will spend a few more bucks and head to Ruth’s Chris or Morton’s. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

Champions Gate, Florida
“Don't Waste Your Time or Money!”
Reviewed January 14, 2008

After reading reviews on Charleys Steak House, I did expect and prepare for a bleak experiance, but secretly hoped for a pleasant surprise - I did not receive one.

My wife and I consider ourselves (semi-jokingly) to be self proclaimed Filet Mignon experts, and between us have eaten in many fine dining restaurants across the US and Europe.

Charley's Steakhouse touts itself and proudly displays its standing at the top of "America's Top Ten Steakhouse" list.
This is an absolute abomination, and in my view - a downright lie.

Upon entering the restaurant, we were "greeted" by an unsmiling mess of hostesses, who fumbled for the reservation book (which simply wasn't at all called for as the restaurant wasn't nearly at 50% capacity) and after a moment led us through a cold atmosphere where other diners were sullen looking, as if willing us to save ourself from an overall dour experiance

We were seated toward the back of the restaurant and surrounded by an array of empty tables, yet conveniently situated next to the bussers station where we were to be joined by the bus staff repeatedly over the next hour to be antagonized by the ceramic clinking of soiled plates, and the hushed complaining of the staff.

A minute later we were provided menus and an obligatory greeting, obviously verbatim, by a lack-lustre waitress who without an ounce of feeling reeled off her list of specials and seasonal items none of which had any real appeal.

The menu however was well thought and did offer some great cuts and sizes of steak, and was as expected - exorbitantly priced and a la carte.

None of the appetizers lived up to their name, and so for an entree I selected the 18oz Filet Mignon - $35
Blue Cheese as a garnish - $3
Potatoes Au Gratin - $5
Along with the industry standard and ridiculously priced bottle of so-so Merlot at $56

Seemingly to avoid a riot over pricing, the entree does include a rather bland and unappealing house salad, along with the poorest bread basket I have ever encountered at this price level.

The steak however, much as I'd like to differ - was very good,
large and thick and cooked well though the seasoning used was overkill and presentation was dismal and hauntingly remenicent of Denny's Diner plates and silverware. This on second thought may be to compliment the service style - second rate.

At one shocking point a server actually moved my chair to slide by to the bussers station, without any mention of an apology or to excuse himself. Humorously I did mention to my Wife that Charley's must have some sort of exchange program with Ponderosa.

As a Marketing and Service Consultant, In a brief summary - Charley's Steakhouse is a way over-priced,
second rate service and tries so hard to rival its peers at this price rate, but fails miserably on all levels.

For this money, I would recommend "The Venetian Room" within The Caribe Royale resort for a world class service and a wonderfull dining experience.

If my name were above the door of Charley's - I would be severely embarrased.

3 Thank supaguard
Rhode Island
“They must teach their staff to be like this”
Reviewed October 31, 2007

We're friendly people, out for a nice time. Okay, they tell us there is a 90 minute wait. It's already 8:30 p.m. and we don't want to keep looking for a nice place to eat. We sit at the bar and order a bottle of wine. After about 1 hour, we notice that it isn't very crowded in the bar area. We check with the hostess who is standing at the desk talking to three other wait staff. She pretends to look over the table chart. Without even a sorry for the wait or a smile, she tells us we still have another 30 minutes, ..."just like she said." Anyway, 5 minutes go by and our bepper goes off. The sad part is, when she is showing us to "our" table, we pass at least six other empty tables. We know these tables didn't JUST open up because no one had left the restaurant in at least the last half hour we were sitting at the bar. Also, no one EVER sat at those tables. I asked our waiter why we waited so long to sit down when there were obviously several empty tables. He didn't know what to say and made up some jibberish. Also, our table was right at the end of a narrow aisle and every time a waiter came by he would apologize for bumping into us. Now, we're not stupid. We realize they just wanted us to drink at the bar before we sat down so they could make more money. I guess everything has become "the bottom line". I DO blame management and the "owners" for this because I'm sure the staff is taught to do this. I guess they think they don't make enough on their $32 plus steaks with an a la carte menu. Of course, it goes downhill from there. They make a point of telling us how tender their steaks are. I ordered my steak medium. It was very tough to cut and it was RARE. When I got it back after they put it back on the grill, it was even tougher. I couldn't cut it with the steak knife. You know, we're from Boston and we never have a problem paying top dollar when the food is good and you are treated fairly. Restaurants should listen up and treat everybody as if they were a professional food critic. We DON'T recommend this place. Don't go here.

2 Thank Virginia M S
england
“average overall”
Reviewed October 16, 2007

27/9/2007 a bit disappointed overall. steak was cooked nice but server was difficult to understand. a little on the expensive side for the food we got. we had the 32oz poterhouse which was ok but overall would not go again.