“Very Good Steakhouse”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The food at this steakhouse is very good and sometimes excellent but you'll have to pay dearly for the experience. My wife started with the Seared Tuna Loin (excellent) and my daughter started with the Waygu Carpaccio (best ever!). My daughter and I ordered the Petit Filets (good) and my wife had the half rack of Lamb (excellent). The food and service overall were very good but I would save this for a special occasion.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This restaurant sits in the Everglades atrium. For a fine dining restaurant it certainly manages to produce the elegance on the inside despite the outside and entry having the appearance of a shack in some backwater bayou! Love the effect!

I tried to go on my first night at Gaylord Palms, but there was no seating available... booked solid! It was the same the next evening too. I was only able to get in by dining early on my last night at Gaylord and I could not have had a nicer last meal!

There are a few different dining areas with individual decor and ambience. I had an interior room that resembled an old plantation dining room - very elegant.

I had a dedicated server for my meal who even took photos inside and outdoors for me. The servers are all so polite and they all treat you like you're a VIP guest. The service was fast and the food came quickly!

The steaks are rather pricey, but so are the other restaurants here. This one is no exception being the only fine-dining restaurant at the hotel.

They know they can price high since there are limited options outside unless you rent a car and drive or get a taxi. But by the time you even think about doing this, it would turn out to be far more expensive than just staying in and dining in-house.

I ordered the New York strip steak. It had a lovely flavour but was just slightly overdone. I ordered it with a side of Hickory smoked mushrooms which were very tasty too.

Overall, it was a good meal and lovely holistic dining experience. It's nice if your budget permits this splurge, to try the Old Hickory Steakhouse at least once during your stay.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Had a steak after a long day on a plane and the steak was perfect. Good food and good service. Worth a visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We shared appetizers - which were great, but small and expensive. I had salmon - very nicely prepared but a rather small portion - all side dishes are extra. A side of au gratin potatoes was $10. My friend had the filet - it is a steak house after all - and he raved about it, however it was almost $50. Again - side dishes are extra. If price is not a problem I recommend eating here, but there are better values in Orlando.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Considering you are in a resort, and it is expected that prices will be astronomical, the small steak was very good. The bartender prepares very good light drinks. The rest of the meal, in general, to me, was overpriced for what you got. I suggest Villa D' Flora if you must eat in the resort.