“5 words: Pygmy Rattlesnake Carmel Apple Martini”

Old Hickory Steakhouse
Ranked #49 of 802 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“5 words: Pygmy Rattlesnake Carmel Apple Martini”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Gaylord Palms was the chosen site for a corporate retreat a few years ago, and since then I have moved to Orlando, and found a regular routine for friends and family that come to visit. Part of this adventure includes a trip to the Gaylord Palms to see the spectacular self contained environment inside a super-sized greenhouse, the Key West ship and "native" fish in the lagoon, and the adolescent alligators in their special space. At the end is a requisite trip to the Old Hickory for a Pygmy Rattlesnake Carmel Apple Martini - which have never let us down. Our last visitors called them "the best f!@#*$ martini I've ever had," and I can't say I disagree. They are a bit pricey, but totally worth it, and if you go to the Old Hickory and get your ticket validated, the valet parking is free. It's a small token that makes the special night more special.

Cocoa, Florida
“Top of the Line!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My only complaint were the prices! I felt they were a bit overpriced on the appetizers mostly. They have a menu outside so you will not be caught off guard on the prices. My meal was delicious. My filet was slightly overcooked but still fantastic. We shared the side dishes & my favorite was the Mac n Cheese; classy style! Our server was spot on! She was friendly & very knowledgable. We don't typically spend this kind of money @ dinner but it was a great experience.

Palmyra, IN
“One of the best salads we've ever had!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I both ordered the romaine wedge with bacon, nuts and asiago cheese dressing...it was VERY delicious!! I wasn't too hungry so I got the Mac and Cheese and wished I could have eaten the whole bowl it was so good! My husband got the Pork Chops and they were perfection!!!
We didn't have reservations and were able to sit at the bar, and were glad we did. The gentleman that served us, his name was Guy, was so personable, attentive and funny...we enjoyed getting to visit with him. It was a very nice evening there and would recommend their food very highly!!

“Food was excellent”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Steaks, salmon, lamb were all perfectly cooked. Prices are VERY high but it is a resort. Best sides are the mushrooms and creamed corn.

Visited April 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Steaks, Steaks and more Steak”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The steak here was melt in your mouth good. The drinks were also good and the wait staff was excellent.

Visited April 2013