“It's been sold”

Cuisines: Cuban, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

It was recently sold to the people who own small Mexican restaurant across the street who will move there. Gonna miss it.

1  Thank DisneyDad2

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Not sure if out of business or not but the phone is disconnected. The website shows opens at 3am but no mention if they went out of business or not. So sad if they did.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

So on a recent trip to Orlando, Florida our family choose to cash in our Groupon and we were sooooo happy we did. The pizza was wonderful, the ravioli was great and the spaghetti and meatball was the best. The staff was very friendly and the chef even came out and talk with us. Love this place. We all wished there we places like this so we could go every night.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This pizza was so good I still can't believe how good it was. lol Order an 18" Cheese you will not be disappointed. The only other pizza joint I know of in Central Florida that is even close is Pizzeria Del Dio across the street from the Fashion Square Mall but this was definitely the best ever.

P.S: If for some reason you happen to venture to the St. Augustine area be sure to hit up Borrillo's PIzza and Pizza Time (warning Pizza Time only takes cash lol) they are both absolutely amazing.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

It's closed on Sunday.

The proprietor is a very friendly and welcoming young woman. My waiter was helpful as well as friendly. Right at the start, he told me that the restaurant was a "basic" restaurant, and he recommended that if I liked how the menu described an offering, that I should choose that.

I ordered Mussels Fra Diavolo and Veal Saltimbocca without bread or pasta.

The salad that comes with the meal is iceberg lettuce, a few slivers of raw onion, and one wedge of refrigerated tomato cut into two, bite size chunks with a tablespoon of bottle dressing that was inelegantly, spilled over the lettuce instead of being tossed, and it was served in a cereal bowl. Don't go there for the salad.

The mussels were prepared in record time and served swimming in red sauce with a bit of hot pepper -- I did order Fra Diavolo. The mussels were tasty, not overcooked, fresh, and flavorful.

The veal course was two pieces of veal on either side of a strip of prosciutto held together with two toothpicks and cooked in white wine, sage, and butter. The veal, the sauce, and the mushrooms were all tasty, there weren't enough mushrooms, but the texture of the veal was too firm as if it was cooked too long.

They offer wines by the glass, and the Chianti that I was served was good, but it was served in a tiny glass that might have been better used to serve a dessert wine.

La Forchetta's interior is that of a pizzeria from the 1960s. There is nothing wrong with that, but don't go expecting to step into a modern, slickly furnished and decorated space. Their business includes pizza takeout. The washroom was clean, but the paper towel dispenser was empty.

If you must dine there, hurry because they are not turning away mobs of diners, and if you can choose the size of the vehicle you'll drive, take your smallest car because both parking lots are small.

Will I return? No. Will I recommend it? No.