“worth every penny”

Dining options: Reservations
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“worth every penny”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

So on a recent trip to Orlando, Florida our family choose to cash in our Groupon and we were sooooo happy we did. The pizza was wonderful, the ravioli was great and the spaghetti and meatball was the best. The staff was very friendly and the chef even came out and talk with us. Love this place. We all wished there we places like this so we could go every night.

• Visited May 2013

Orlando, Florida, United States
“Best NY Style Pizza”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This pizza was so good I still can't believe how good it was. lol Order an 18" Cheese you will not be disappointed. The only other pizza joint I know of in Central Florida that is even close is Pizzeria Del Dio across the street from the Fashion Square Mall but this was definitely the best ever.

P.S: If for some reason you happen to venture to the St. Augustine area be sure to hit up Borrillo's PIzza and Pizza Time (warning Pizza Time only takes cash lol) they are both absolutely amazing.

Visited April 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Average Italian-American pasta with sauce joint.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

It's closed on Sunday.

The proprietor is a very friendly and welcoming young woman. My waiter was helpful as well as friendly. Right at the start, he told me that the restaurant was a "basic" restaurant, and he recommended that if I liked how the menu described an offering, that I should choose that.

I ordered Mussels Fra Diavolo and Veal Saltimbocca without bread or pasta.

The salad that comes with the meal is iceberg lettuce, a few slivers of raw onion, and one wedge of refrigerated tomato cut into two, bite size chunks with a tablespoon of bottle dressing that was inelegantly, spilled over the lettuce instead of being tossed, and it was served in a cereal bowl. Don't go there for the salad.

The mussels were prepared in record time and served swimming in red sauce with a bit of hot pepper -- I did order Fra Diavolo. The mussels were tasty, not overcooked, fresh, and flavorful.

The veal course was two pieces of veal on either side of a strip of prosciutto held together with two toothpicks and cooked in white wine, sage, and butter. The veal, the sauce, and the mushrooms were all tasty, there weren't enough mushrooms, but the texture of the veal was too firm as if it was cooked too long.

They offer wines by the glass, and the Chianti that I was served was good, but it was served in a tiny glass that might have been better used to serve a dessert wine.

La Forchetta's interior is that of a pizzeria from the 1960s. There is nothing wrong with that, but don't go expecting to step into a modern, slickly furnished and decorated space. Their business includes pizza takeout. The washroom was clean, but the paper towel dispenser was empty.

If you must dine there, hurry because they are not turning away mobs of diners, and if you can choose the size of the vehicle you'll drive, take your smallest car because both parking lots are small.

Will I return? No. Will I recommend it? No.

• Visited February 2013
Kissimmee, Florida
“Authentic Italian, Delicious in Every way!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Delicious Food served quickly and with a smile. This restaurant was highly recommended by a co-worker and I'm glad I listend. I ordered the Eggplant Parmesan and my husband a Pepperoni Calzone, AMAZING! Full of flavor and definitely not sauce from a can...lol! Frank the chef came to our table to chit chat & we thanked him for a job well done. Maria was a breath of fresh air. Greeting everyone and checking on how they were doing throughout. Nothing negative at all about this place. Only {perhaps} downside is the parking. A little tight for my taste, but then I have an SUV and its never easy...lol!

• Visited February 2013
Cincinnati, OH area
“So, so good”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We visited La Forchetta the first time in Dec 2012 and loved it. We visited FL again over the MLK weekend and brought some other family members along. So, we had to introduce them to La Forchetta. We love this place. Why? Terrific food, friendly staff, reasonably priced. Tonight's dishes were pizza (my choice), penne alla vodka, spaghetti & meatballs, veal marsala, lasagna, clams with liguini and red clam sauce. Then we had tiramisu and cheesecake for dessert. All were delicious, especially the penne alla vodka and the cheesecake with cherry sauce. Is the decor a bit dated? Perhaps, but that only adds to the charm of the place in my opinion. We enjoy La Forchetta so much that we went there twice during our 5 day stay.

• Visited January 2013