“A flavourful eating experience”
Review of La-Forchetta Ristorante - CLOSED

La-Forchetta Ristorante
Cuisines: Cuban, Puerto Rican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

At first glance of the building we almost walked away. The inside of the restaurant looks dark and old. I stared to leave but my wife said give it a chance and it was good I did. Athough La Forchetta appearance is well used the food is great, all homemade. The Mussels over pasta with a slightly spice real pasta sauce was great. Hot and fresh with huge mussels. My wife had thin sliced chicken breast with a light egg batter with mushrooms and lemon, real mushrooms not canned. I finished with homemade cheese cake with cherries. The cheese cake was the lightest most natural I have tasted yet, not heavy and sugary like at most restaurants. The cherry topping and sauce was perfect. So give it a try and don't be put off by the restaurants appearance.

1  Thank Richard R

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Very good restaurant, tasty food, great Lambrusco. We had lunch there, had ham, spaghetti with sea food, recommended!

1  Thank KlaraRomanova
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Oh how I miss the shots to the head I used to get from Pop. (vincenzo) I have eaten the Veal Parmigiana here over five hundred times since opening day in the early 1980's. There has never been a better place outside of home to eat or any other restaurant that will always remain in my heart. Now living in Maui Hawaii and only wish I could here Mom (Maria) breaking my cullgiones (sorry) while I was savoring a veal parm!

Love,
Starving...

Reviewed August 17, 2012

A family-owned real Italian restaurant. Wonderful veal dishes (I have ordered veal piccata all over the country and have never had anything even remotely as good as theirs). Also great seafood, manicotti, parmigiana, and other first class Italian cuisine. Inexpensive wines are available by the carafe plus bottled wines. To top it all, homemade tiramisu!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

If you visit this rrestaurant are that you stay in Sorrento, Napoli, or Roma, the food its the same cuality of Itali restaurants. The service are excelent and they love to serve all peolple. Good Restaurant