“Great place to meet for Lunch”
Review of Branigan's Irish Grill & Pub - CLOSED

Branigan's Irish Grill & Pub
Cuisines: American, Bar, Irish, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Great place to meet for Lunch”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Amanda was AWESOME. Very friendly and attentive. We stick to mostly appetizers and drinks. Patrick at the bar makes the experience complete. Chef change is evident and she must have taken her recipes with her. We still love the Hand Pies and Banger Bites. The Monte Christos were a bit greasy, but still tasty. A must stop place for us as former locals. Looking forward to our next visit.

Dillon, Colorado
“Memoriable Experience”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We had our son's High School Graduation Party there, and the staff was very sweet. The food was beyond compare! HIGHLY suggest going here for a faboulas meal and the entire place was amazing and I made a new friend, Elle! I suggest getting a Skittle shot..yummy!!! 5 star plus allllllllllllllll the way!

• Visited May 2014
“Awesome, wish we had a Branigans in Alabama”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My family and I had a great time at Branigans . The food was great. Our server Melissa was great . She took very good care of us. Next time we come to orlando we will come back to eat here:)

• Visited June 2014
Patrick M, Manager at Branigan's Irish Grill & Pub, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thanks for the response!!! We are very fortunate to have fantastic staff and we are glad you had an opportunity to meet Melissa. All the best! :-)
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place to Have Lunch”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had Amanda for our server and she was fabulous. She was very attentive, witty and fun. Can't wait to go back.

1 Thank Michael A
Michael -
Thanks for taking the time to review us. Of course, it's always a pleasure to hear we're doing a good job....and yes! Amanda is awesome! :-)
Madison, Indiana
“Poor choice on my part”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Read good reviews of restaurant so decided to try it while vacationing. Waitress was new so can't real blame her for her service. Four of us ordered the Steak pie with mash. Didn't care for the taste of the filling. The only good thing was the crust. Mashed potatoes were served on the side and were cold not even warm. Had mushrooms for the appetizer and they were good but how wrong can you go on fried mushrooms. Tasted the granddaughter's Shepherd's pie and it wasn't very good either. Pitcher of beer was way overpriced. We ate there on a weekday and the place was almost empty so I can blame the food on their being busy. This place isn't anywhere close to McGuire's Irish Pub in Destin. Very disappointed in the reviewers this time.

• Visited May 2014
Patrick M, Manager at Branigan's Irish Grill & Pub, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Good morning, Kay1947...
I would like to thank you for your review. While we are realistic enough to know we can't please all the people all the time, it is still good to have feedback in case there is an issue identified in a review that we can fix BEFORE it becomes a problem.
That being said, I looked into your complaint about the steak and stout pie and the shepherd's pie. Obviously we care about ALL our dishes coming out of the kitchen, but we take special pride in our Traditional Fare. Being from Ireland, we ensure that our recipes are followed and the dishes are spot on. While we found no problem with either dish, we are sad to hear you didn't like them. Taste is a uniquely personal thing and we respect that.
I AM disappointed that you were served cold mash. That is unacceptable, and I would like to offer you my sincerest apologies.
As for the 'way overpriced' pitcher of beer - it's unfortunate you feel that way. All of our drink and beer prices are very competitive and our pitchers are a full 64-oz pitcher, meaning there are four pints (full, 16-oz pints) to a pitcher. At $10 + tax for domestics, I believe our prices are competitive.
It is unfortunate you had a less-than-exceptional experience here at Branigan's. Again, I apologize for the cold mash potatoes, and if ever in the area again and would like to stop in please ask for me and we will offer you a discount.
Thanks again for your review.