“A good advice from a good friend.”

Bruno's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 793 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Michigan City, Indiana
“A good advice from a good friend.”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our favorite place in the area(after trying their calzone).The other two dishes were ok. Just kidding -they were excellent:). One of the best meals in my life(the rolled eggplant dish..mmmm).We HAD TO go back... And again,we had a very nice evening with the service at the highest level. The veal marsala was full of flavor and I couldn't stop dipping in the sauce till I finished all the bread available. We will definitely be back. I couldn't say it all,.......you must see it.

• Visited March 2014

Des Moines, Iowa
“Terrible Experience - Find Another Place To Eat!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

One of our family's favorite foods is Italian so we were excited to try out the small family-owned Bruno's restaurant nestled in-between all the big tourist chain eateries. There was a laminated, positive TripAdvisor review posted on their door and next to it a sign that said something like, "People who are irritating, mean or disrespectful will be charged an extra $10". Well we like quirky so we're off to a good start. The restaurant was full and only one other family waiting so not a bad wait either. Unfortunately, we got to watch the owner scold the waiting family as they sat down because they asked for drinks and he explained he wasn't their waiter; then he yelled something in Italian across the room to the assumed waiter. Well we quickly went from quirky to tacky and things are looking grim. Few minutes later a lady comes in and said she called ahead for a reservation, the owner once again displayed his charm and states that they are a first come, first serve establishment and motions to all the full tables. The lady questions why they accepted her reservation in the first place then stormed out of the restaurant visibly upset. Oh yeah, we're on a roll now. The owner then looks at us and "motions" to follow as he heads to the empty table we have been staring at for 5 minutes. He walks to the table, tosses our menus on top and keeps on going. Our family anxiously looked at each other and slowly slid into the seats to begin reviewing the menu after noting the time. The phone was ringing regularly and one other waiter kept running to the front to answer and take phone orders; clearly not enough staff and not a professional approach. The other waiter who was supposed to be ours didn't acknowledge we were at the table until 15 minutes later because he was filling water and clearing plates at other tables; we had no water, no drink order, no "hey I'll be right with you" message, there was nothing. They had the cheap paper tablecloths so I got out my pen and was about to write a message to look up my online review then leave when the waiter finally shows up asking for our drink order. Our family looked at each other in agreement, we told the waiter that we made a mistake and this place was not for us because of what we've experienced. Then to our absolute surprise the waiter looked at us and went "Eh" as he lifted his shoulders and cocked his head. Wow! That was it - we expressed our displeasure verbally continuing the rant out the door and past the waiting people. We apologize to the innocent people that overheard our foul words but it was a better option than pummeling the waiter where he stood. We feel they now owe us $10 for being irritating, mean and disrespectful. Spend your money at one of the big chains - at least you always know what you will be getting; we went down the street to Bahama Breeze and had a wonderful experience.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Diane R
Clermont, Florida
“Great restaurant. Period.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

All of the negative reviewers need to get over themselves. This place isn't a five star restaurant, but it doesn't pretend to be one. It feels like a neighborhood restaurant and Kissimmee desperately needs that a lot more than it needs more chain restaurants and gift shops.

5 Thank Josh G
Lake in the Hills, Illinois, United States
“Awful experience and meal”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to Bruno's after reading some good review on 2/21/14 for dinner. The services was awful, we really never had a server. The owner who was also the host sat us down took our order and we had another man bring us food drinks and bread. We never received any refill on our drinks and after food was brought out no one ever came back. I has to walk up to owner to get the bill. For dinner I had lasagna and my wife had penne with vodka sauce. The portions were very small on all the food we had and the table next to us. The sauce taste like the sauce uses in spaghetti O's and canned ravioli. The noodles for both our dinners were undercooked. I am not sure how this place has good reviews because when we talked to the table next to us they also complained about food and service. Do not go to this place.

3 Thank Cody D
Benevento, Italy
“About as Italian as a can of Spaghettio's !!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Upon reading reviews about this place from Tripadvisor, I decided to give Bruno's a try,, boy what a B-I-G mistake !! How can this be an Italian restaurant without Soup ?? Your kidding me right ? Owner has a serious attitude. I ordered a Chicken Parm hero , and what they came out with was a hero, thats right a HERO, NOT a sub. The pathetic looking "SUB" looked like it was filled with table scraps, so I sent it back and I even told them that it looks like scraps. Owner was like , you returned your dish ?? It states on the front of the joint NY Style Pizza , now I know pizza as I am from New York. Let me tell you folks, it aint NY style pizza, not even close !! Nobody asked us if we wanted refills on our drinks. My wifes order never came and we had to let them know about it after everyone else was half way thru with their meals. By the time her Eggplant Parm came out, we were all finished eating, so we took her's to go. Enclosed is a picture of the Eggplant Parm Im here to tell you that this might be good Italian Food , yeah sure , if your a tourist who does not know any better, then again you might like Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill Better as you really dont know what Italian Food is. Sauce tasted like it was out of a can Your better off with Pacino's a little way's down 192. Than to top it off, this arrogant fool has a sign out front stating, if you dont want authentic Italian Food, there are plenty of chains down the road,,, REALLY !! Sorry folks, just telling the truth . I will NEVER go to this "ITALIAN" joint !!

• Visited February 2014