“El Tapatio was great!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 786 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paducah, Kentucky
“El Tapatio was great!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My review is almost a ditto of the review by Simon C. on 9/3/2013. We also were vacationing and also were driving around looking for a Mexican restaurant and spotted El Tapatio. When we walked in we were pleased to see a mostly Hispanic crowd. The décor was a bit better than most Mexican restaurants and the music was not too loud. Our waitress was Marivelle and she was a sweetheart. We ordered the house margaritas and burritos Mexicanos (? I lost my receipt), which was tender cooked pork and vegetables. The meal was nicely presented, not just slapped on the plate like many Mexican restaurants. I would definitely go there again.

• Visited September 2013

Howden, United Kingdom
“Terrific value, Lovely food and super atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

On our recent florida holiday, we visited El Tapatio in Kissimmee after driving around randomly looking for an independent Mexican restaurant. My eldest son really fancied a Mexican, and it turned out that he was not to be disappointed...
I pulled in here because it looked really busy, this is always our best indicator of a good eatery!
It is pretty unprepossessing both externally and internally, but actually had a great atmosphere once we got shown to our table, with busy tables and a fantastically chaotic multi generational mariachi trio who, to our great delight, actually played "La Cucaracha", complete with traditional and enthusiastic insect stamping and mandatory wobbly trumpet solo at our table. Just brilliant, Well done guys!
The owner, the chef and the waiter were all Mexican, i made a point of talking to the manager and the waiter about this and they were very proud of their restaurant. They really knew about the food and it showed in what arrived on our plates. The food was fantastic; wholesome, well prepared, full of flavour and perfect generous but not over facing portion sizes. My wife and I ordered a recommended special dish which was a combination of Steak, chicken, prawns and peppers cooked in a lava rock bowl, with rice, sides and flour tortillas. To my shame I have forgotten the name but it was perfect. The kids menu was also very good.
The waiter was knowledgeable, friendly, very fluent in English and efficient without hurrying us. Top marks for service.
The clientele in here was largely Hispanic, with a scattering of tourists like ourselves. I could tell that many of the clients were regulars, very at home here, and this is our second indicator of a good restaurant.
The Bill was quite unbelievably small, I thought there was a mistake until I checked against the menu.
My only regret is that we discovered this great little restaurant the night before we left. We would DEFINITELY have eaten here again. To sum up: Lovely, lovely food, homely and fresh, great choice, amazing value, friendly and welcoming atmosphere and first class entertainment.
Obviously one reviewer here had a wasp in his derrière about a Spanish speaking waiter, my recommendation to him would be to eat in a safe Tex Mex restaurant with a pretend Mexican waiter and pretend Mexican food. If you want the real thing. Come here. 10 out of 10 from all five of our party!

• Visited August 2013
Saint Cloud, Florida
“Great authentic mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Food is very tasty, and prices are very reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant. Much better than the previous restaurant that was located on this site.

• Visited June 2013
“Very good food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very good food, excellent service. Would visit again! A little waiting at the beginning, but received excellent service.

• Visited June 2013
St.Paul
“Authentic Mexican at a reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Another adventure for ethnic food! 3 of us ate well for under $40 and had leftovers from dinner to boot. I tried the 3 tamales (pork) with green salsa - yummy!!!! Not very spicy (my choice), but very flavorful. The rice was good and the refried beans creamy and well seasoned. One of my friends had the sopa and she reported it was awesome!! Her husband had a giant burrito and it was darned tasty, too. We are going back for lunch in a few days. The server was very helpful, polite and attentive.

• Visited March 2013