“Disappointed!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Scotland
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Gave this place another try after our less than satisfactory visit when it opened last year. Don't get me wrong, we love Bonefish but this one leaves a lot to be desired. Our waiter Chad was very friendly and promised us a different experience when we explained our reservations after our last visit.........sadly the kitchen let him down!!.
The chowder was cold ( same as last time ) we sent it back and waited around 15mins whilst it was heated up?? As always when they get it right its good, the soup was excellentbut come on we had pre warned them.........main courses of crab cakes, grouper and tuna were all good, the "bang bang" shrimp was great as per normal.
I felt sorry for Chad, he tried hard and was a nice guy, maybe he needs to tell the manager about the basic problems.
Try visiting Bonefish at Winter Gardens, it's wonderful.

2 Thank buglerScotland

West Virginia
“Always look forward to Bonefish on vacation. This one disappointed though.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Whenever we go on vacation, we look for a Bonefish grill in the area since we live in "food depressed" West Virginia. Our culinary choices at home are - shall we say - limited (if you saw Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, then you will understand).
I have never had a bad meal at bonefish until this trip. We met some family who drove in 2 hours to meet us during our Disney trip.
I always tend to get the fish n chips, because somehow bonefish makes it into a perfectly cooked culinary delight instead of kid's food. My wife gets the imperial longfin tilapia. We always share a bang bang shrimp as well.

This time though, everything was just...off. My fish n chips was grease logged. The bang bang shrimp was not as flavorful as it has been every time in the past. My wife said her tilapia was good, but she didn't finish her plate and I think she might have been in a bit of denial because she doesn't want the "bubble" popped for her favorite restaurant.

I don't think it was a one-off issue for my table, as I witnessed two other tables send their meals back.

Will we eat at bonefish again? Absolutely. Was this specific meal disappointing? Without a doubt. I'd like to think that it was just an "off-night" for the kitchen.

Danbury, Connecticut
“Satisfying Evening”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

First experience at a BF Grill and we were pleased. Sat outside and enjoyed a pleasant evening of dining. Waitress was nice and the guys that come out in their BF chefs jackets had good recommendations. Had the Ahi Tuna Sashimi starter and the Talapia imperial which was stuffed with other seafood. Both were delicious. Had a nice bottle of wine recommended too. This is a reasonable place to dine when you don't want to spend a fortune on seafood but want a big step up from other chain seafood options. Worth the try!

London, United Kingdom
“One good meal, one not so fabulous...”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We ate here when on vacation, never having noticed it before. Firstly service was very good, but then the restaurant was not busy, so not sure what it would have been like another busier evening. Cannot fault what we experienced though. Little bread rolls were very nice, and they offered to bring more for us if we wanted.

A mixed bag, my husband had the Chilean sea bass with a rice side, which he thought was lovely, and the little taste I had, it seemed very nice indeed. I ordered the shrimp with pasta, and it was OK, but no more than that. A huge portion, which can be off putting anyway, and the sauce very heavy. A few minutes in, I was struggling to keep eating. I reckon I only ate about 50% before giving up - perhaps if you're starving or have a huge appetite it would be OK! I think perhaps I ordered the wrong thing, and next time would stick with a fish dish which would be more simple and less stodgy.

It wasn't the cheapest meal we had, but overall, probably fair value for good fish (which my husband enjoyed).

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank RayRobertson
“consistently good”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

another must visit when we travel as we do not have near where we live. Lobster tails do not disappoint. consistently good food and service from Bone Fish.