“Great tour!” 5 of 5 bubbles

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I were visiting the Orlando area, and neither of us had flown in a helicopter before. We decided that since we both have always wanted to, we would cross that off of our list on this trip. We checked online to see what the several different helicopter tour operators in the area had to offer, and decided to go with Orlando Helicopter Tours after reading customer reviews and their tour offerings. We chose the Disney Spectacular Tour and booked it online through their website for the discounted rate. When we arrived at their location, some rain had just passed through, but it was clearing out nicely. We were greeted immediately by the guy at the counter. I wish we got his name so we could recognize him properly, but he was extremely friendly and accommodating, and helped to set the tone for what would be a great flight. There was one group ahead of us when we arrived, and after about a ten minute wait it was our turn to climb aboard and strap in. The guy who was working the counter escorted us out to the helicopter, and took several great photos with our camera for us, and then helped us get aboard the aircraft. Once inside, the pilot greeted us warmly and we were off! The flight was extremely smooth despite the unstable air in the area, and the narration of the tour was great. We flew over all of the Disney attractions except the Magic Kingdom, which is a designated no-fly zone, and circled back around to a smooth and safe landing. Prior to taking the trip, we noticed that reviews of other tour operators criticized the company for shorter flights than what were advertised, but that wasn't the case with this company. Our tour was advertised at 8-9 minutes, and we clocked in at just over 9 minutes. We thoroughly enjoyed our flight, and will definitely be planning on a longer one the next time we're in the area. If you're considering a helicopter tour, then I highly recommend this company to help you check that item off of your bucket list.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Jason M

South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Loved every minute!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was my third helicopter ride in my 7 visits to Orlando/Kissimmee over the years.

What a buzz, I love every minute I'm in the air and would ride around all day if I could.

Pilot was excellent and knowledgable.

If you have a hankering to ride a helicopter, do it!

Visited April 2013
Gainesville, Florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“VERY big surprise for the grandchildren!! (my second review)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Already reviewed this attraction but went back for more. Our daughter and our 3 grandchildren were in town. Unknown to them we had called ahead to make sure the attraction was open, no problem. Then we told our daughter and the kids we were heading to Perkins. As we drove by the helicopter sitting outside the attraction I began asking them if they had ever been up. They all said no of course so I said lets go get a closer look. A chopper was just coming in as the kids stared open mouth at being so close. Then I said why not take a ride? It was bedlam, they did not believe Opa but I trooped them to the office and minutes later they up and gone. They took pictures, we also bought a couple from the attraction. The Mom and kids are still talking about their FIRST ever chopper ride, it was perfect. The pilot showed them the sights after putting one child up front. Mom and the other two were in back. I bought the short ride and it could not have been better.

Visited January 2013
Kirkland, Illinois
190 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 212 helpful votes
“What a Perfect Way to see Orlando”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My dad wanted to take a Helicopter Ride during our recent vacation in Orlando but i was very reluctant. I am not a big fan of flying so I was nervous to get in a helicopter and fly over Orlando.
My dad really wanted to do it so we stopped. I told him that I would wait for him in the building while he went on the tour. I waited for him outside. When he came out he informed that we were both going.......WHAT.....
I was so nervous but once I got in the helicopter and put the headset on I was so at ease. It was so much fun to fly over Orlando and see all the attractions. We flew over EPCOT, Nickelodeon Resort, Gaylord Palms Resort, Bay Hill Golf Course, Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney, Sea World, and other various attractions along Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway.
When we were in the air I took over 50 pictures.....I wish we would have had more time in the helicopter. It isn't cheap but it is definitely something that you can't do at home. We paid $90.00 for an 8 minute ride.

Brighouse, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Well worth the money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Three of us took this helicopter tour, and we opted for the the ten minute ride. This included flying over Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach and some lovely open countryside. The pilot was really knowledgeable about all the areas we flew over, including parks, hotels, when things were built, how long it took. He really was a wealth of information. He was also happy to answer any questions we had, although admittedly we didn't have that many as we were totally in awe of the views.
The ride actually went over the time we had booked and the pilot seemed in no rush to get us back (which is why he got a good tip).
We also opted to buy a couple of photo's at the end of it all and for an extra few dollars they e-mailed the rest to us. The pilot was also happy for us to take plenty of pics and video shots while up in the air, and also pointed out things we could get a good shot of.
Would I do this tour again......NO, I would go for the longer one ;-) I would recommend this tourist experience for anyone visiting Orlando. Definitely worth the money.

Visited August 2012