“Steaks are fantastic, good atmosphere and staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #9 of 786 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Steaks are fantastic, good atmosphere and staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Six of us dined, two being small children. The food was excellent (the sides are average but the steaks are simply wonderful). The staff were very attentive, and our server Honey was jolly and efficient. The desert was tasty. All in all an excellent meal was enjoyed by all, and if you are from the UK try the filet as you will never have tasted a steak as good in the UK guaranteed.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Roberino99

• Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent managerial skills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

Had been to this location in the past and always had excellent service and food.
This time (July 2013), however, was seated but no server came for at least 10-15 minutes. A server then came by and seemed surprised that the booth was occupied. She took the order, and left.
Another long wait ensued; she returned, asked if anything was needed; she had totally forgotten to bring the salad.
When the entree came, it was incorrect! Wrong food order completely!
This server was completely baffled.
Shortly thereafter, one of the managers came over. When he was told (politely) what had happened, he immediately offered to no-charge the meal; went to the kitchen to expedite the corrected order; and delivered it to the table himself. He even made a return trip to be sure that all was in order.
This is the type of excellent managerial oversight that is so rare!!
It was his caring and willingness to make things right that ensured that I will definitely return to this restaurant in the future!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Trip G
London, United Kingdom
“"Excellent Family Dining Experience!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family and I were on holiday to Florida and we decided to have lunch at a steakhouse. This was our first time eating at Texas Roadhouse and we enjoyed the whole dining experience. As soon as we walked through the door we were warmly welcomed and were seated promptly. The restaurant itself was charming and the atmosphere was enjoyable. Our server was very friendly, helpful, and courteous. She was obviously very professional and enthusiastic about her job explained the menu perfectly. The food was OUTSTANDING and DELICIOUS! The bread they served before the meal was yummy and the steaks were just so tender and full of flavour. It was the best steak I've ever had in years! The sides that also came with the steaks were just divine. It was all value for money! I would definitely recommend Texas Roadhouse without hesitation, and my family and I would come back for more steak.

1 Thank Naomi C
Preston, United Kingdom
“roadhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

my parents travel to america frequently, and a few nights into our holiday in kissimmee they told us about roadhouses where you throw peanuts on the floor. at first i wondered if maybe they'd had a bit too much to drink when they told me & my husband this, but alas on entering the texas roadhouse there was peanuts a plenty on the floor and in a huge barrel!

We waited right next to the giant roadhouse peanut barrel and between the 6 members of our group we didn't even notice the 15 minute wait for the table as we were happily breaking peanut shells and admiring their roadMOUSE sign by the front desk.

We were shown to our table and met our waiter, Tyler. We ate out practically every evening for 2 weeks in various locations and i can honestly say that although most waiters we encountered were polite and friendly and good at their job, Tyler put them all to shame. He is a real asset to this texas roadhouse, and I hope both he and his boss can see his potential.

The menu was extensive and we all had a great meal. I opted for the starter combo as my main and it was lovely. Drinks and food were competitively priced.

We returned to texas roadhouse later on in our holiday and again everyone had a great meal. Again, Tyler wasn't our waiter this time but when he spotted us he went out of his way to come over for a chat and to see how we'd been getting on.

My only 2 snags with this 2nd visit were as follows:
I ordered the starter combo as my main again, but the waiter told me they were out of the rattlesnake bites so I asked if I could have the onion petals instead. He said he wasnt sure if I could, so I offered to pay a bit extra to have them and he assured me this would be fine. He returned shortly after to say it wasn't alright but I could have a doubly portion of 1 of the 2 other things in the combo so I opted for the boneless chicken. A different waiter brought my meal a good 15 minutes before the rest of the party got their meals (this wasn't really an issue for anyone though) but it did indeed have the rattlesnake bites on, aswell as the extra chicken!! so a bit baffling, but oh well..!

The 2nd snag was the balloon man. I hadn't really noticed him in the restaurant, just briefly saw him on our 1st visit making balloon animals for children. he appeared half way through our meal and asked if I would like a balloon animal. I said a duck and he started making 1. at that point someone pointed out that he had "tips" written on his outfit (which I obviously didn't notice as i was busy eating my meal, hence why he probably approached at this point!) he was squeaking his balloons that loudly it was a bit off putting whilst we ate, so my father actually had to ask him to leave whilst we tried to enjoy our meal. No real harm done, but it was a bit of a let down that the staff allowed him to disturb families whilst dining.

UK
“Fun, family eating.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We saw the good reviews for this place and gave it a go - glad we did!
Yes, it's a bit cheesey in a good 'ol Texan sort of way, but embrace it, have a couple of Blue Moons, a good helping of cow and you'll have a great time.
Like every Orlando restaurant at this sort of price point, they're very good at turning tables - its not the place for a long, intimate meal. But our family of six had a great time, thought the staff were keen, eager and knowledgeable and much preferred it to the nearby Outback - and cheaper too!

• Visited August 2013