“roadhouse”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Preston, United Kingdom
“roadhouse”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

my parents travel to america frequently, and a few nights into our holiday in kissimmee they told us about roadhouses where you throw peanuts on the floor. at first i wondered if maybe they'd had a bit too much to drink when they told me & my husband this, but alas on entering the texas roadhouse there was peanuts a plenty on the floor and in a huge barrel!

We waited right next to the giant roadhouse peanut barrel and between the 6 members of our group we didn't even notice the 15 minute wait for the table as we were happily breaking peanut shells and admiring their roadMOUSE sign by the front desk.

We were shown to our table and met our waiter, Tyler. We ate out practically every evening for 2 weeks in various locations and i can honestly say that although most waiters we encountered were polite and friendly and good at their job, Tyler put them all to shame. He is a real asset to this texas roadhouse, and I hope both he and his boss can see his potential.

The menu was extensive and we all had a great meal. I opted for the starter combo as my main and it was lovely. Drinks and food were competitively priced.

We returned to texas roadhouse later on in our holiday and again everyone had a great meal. Again, Tyler wasn't our waiter this time but when he spotted us he went out of his way to come over for a chat and to see how we'd been getting on.

My only 2 snags with this 2nd visit were as follows:
I ordered the starter combo as my main again, but the waiter told me they were out of the rattlesnake bites so I asked if I could have the onion petals instead. He said he wasnt sure if I could, so I offered to pay a bit extra to have them and he assured me this would be fine. He returned shortly after to say it wasn't alright but I could have a doubly portion of 1 of the 2 other things in the combo so I opted for the boneless chicken. A different waiter brought my meal a good 15 minutes before the rest of the party got their meals (this wasn't really an issue for anyone though) but it did indeed have the rattlesnake bites on, aswell as the extra chicken!! so a bit baffling, but oh well..!

The 2nd snag was the balloon man. I hadn't really noticed him in the restaurant, just briefly saw him on our 1st visit making balloon animals for children. he appeared half way through our meal and asked if I would like a balloon animal. I said a duck and he started making 1. at that point someone pointed out that he had "tips" written on his outfit (which I obviously didn't notice as i was busy eating my meal, hence why he probably approached at this point!) he was squeaking his balloons that loudly it was a bit off putting whilst we ate, so my father actually had to ask him to leave whilst we tried to enjoy our meal. No real harm done, but it was a bit of a let down that the staff allowed him to disturb families whilst dining.

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
UK
“Fun, family eating.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We saw the good reviews for this place and gave it a go - glad we did!
Yes, it's a bit cheesey in a good 'ol Texan sort of way, but embrace it, have a couple of Blue Moons, a good helping of cow and you'll have a great time.
Like every Orlando restaurant at this sort of price point, they're very good at turning tables - its not the place for a long, intimate meal. But our family of six had a great time, thought the staff were keen, eager and knowledgeable and much preferred it to the nearby Outback - and cheaper too!

1 Thank englishpatient
Florida
“Great Meal and Fantastic Service”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have been to the Texas Roadhouse several times. Food has always been excellent, large portions and you can't beat the location and free peanuts. Olivia was our server on our most recent visit, she was fantastic! Really took care of us and was super polite and orifessional. We will definitely be back.

• Visited July 2013
Longframlington, null, United Kingdom
“Superb value.”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

A fantastic atmosphere with great service.

If you like steak, ribs, or any other type of meat for that matter, you'll love this place. No fancy frills just good honest food and drink. We'll definitely be back.

“One of my favorites”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Food was cooked to order and very good. Our server was nice but very slow. All in all it is a good restaurant and I will definitely be returning. But I would not want to have the same server. I would definitely recommend it.