“fell ill due to mildew or mold or dust”

Festiva Orlando Resort
Ranked #53 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I was traveling with 3 companions from work, all traveling separately and staying in different rooms, and we all were sick by the end of the trip. The rooms are not obviously dirty besides the overwhelming mildew smell and stained carpets, but somehow all of us had some sort of respiratory ailment by the end of the trip. My room smelled so bad that I have to wash every item I brought with me now that I'm home.
The bed is terrible, my shoulders were falling asleep from it.
Even though the bedrooms are in the back of the unit, you can hear all your neighbors when they open or close their impossible to work doors or walk around. You can also hear your neighbors shower and flush their toilets. Plus, the resort had lawn people working at 8 AM on a Saturday. Who does that?
However, the security staff is wonderful. They helped me when I couldn't get in because the doors are insane, and I felt safe.
I would never stay here again; it's not worth the lack of sleep and getting ill.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank murfsgirl

Reviewed September 14, 2010

I woulden't ever come back here, the security people think they are soo important. There just a bunch of controll freak loooossssseeeerrrrrssss.I f you have any liberatarian in you, and you enjoy freedom, than dont stay here. Democrats will love the controlling and regulating from these wanna be cops.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My father found this place because the military had cheap rates for condos in the area. For two seperate rooms and for 6 nights it cost around $1000, which isn't bad at all. The rooms decor is a little out dated, white whicker furniture in the bedroom? First off, customer service at the front desk was excellent. They printed out maps and things we might enjoy without us even asking, this was when I picked up the second key (we arrived way before check-in and one room was ready). They also told us about getting into Sea World for free because of Military benefits (website). The rooms were clean, neat, and kept nice and cool. Great location to hop on and off the freeway. Disney World was VERY close by. Plus the main strip had lots of dining and shopping options.

The only complaint is my mom and younger sister went to the swimming pool and came back within 30 mins. They said the pool had hair and other weird things floating in it. Plus there is no internet in the rooms but you can go to the office and use the internet there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2010

I just got back from my vacation from Orlando. Keep in mind as you read this that I am an owner of this resort but this was my first time actually staying here since I bought it over 8 years ago. I have always exchanged it at RCI and knew that I’d come back once my kids were old enough to enjoy the theme parks. I think back then it was a Gold Crown designation. If you plan on owning at this resort, please beware. When I first bought it, I saw the potential. There were only a few buildings up and when I saw the model in the sales room, I figured it would be worth it when they finish the entire construction. They even showed me a nice model room during the presentation and told me how much they were going to grow and I have yet to see it grow as large as that model in the sales room. They recently showed me another room during the presentation and it is nothing near the room they actually gave me. I am very disappointed in this place. I really feel like a sucker buying this place. We own two other time shares, one in Maui and one in Cancun, and we have stayed at so many resorts in the past 10 years, vacationing once or twice a year and this one is the worse we’ve ever been.
First the good news…
1. The staff is friendly and courteous.
2. The pool was refreshing and fun for the kids.
3. The Air Conditioner is outstanding (when it works).
4. The security upon entering the grounds is pretty good.
However, upon opening the front door to unit B33, it was great at first site, but soon after looking around…
1. Master Bathroom light bulb was out.
• Called Front Desk and Maintenance replaced it.
2. Carpets were really filthy with stains and holes.
3. Remote Control to the living room television was missing.
• Called Front Desk and Maintenance gave us a brand new one, but it didn’t work, so we had to replace that one, too.
4. There were no bath towels
• Called Front Desk and a bag of towels were brought up.
5. Kitchen faucet cap was broken and water was not easy to turn on.
6. Furniture was really dingy, including the Sofa, Kitchen table chairs. Some furniture had stains on them.
7. Televisions seemed more than a decade old.
• Sales showed us LCD screens in the model rooms.
After staying the first night, here are some more observations…
1. Master Shower door would not close easily.
2. Master Bathroom lock did not work.
3. Guest Bathroom tub was stained.
4. One sheet had a blood stain on it
5. One of the towels was stained and had holes.
6. Another towel had ripped while drying my back.
7. There was dent in the refrigerator door.
8. Sofa bed had dead bugs on the mattress.
9. One of the blankets had human hair on it.
10. There were no nonstick pans so prepare to burn everything you cook or bring a lot of cooking oil.
11. The clothes dryer does not dry at all unless you have just one piece of clothing in it.
12. There is no wireless internet in the room; or wired for that matter.
• Only in the lobby and pool area provides wireless service.
13. Volume for the Living room TV went out.
• Called Front Desk and Maintenance came up and fixed it but blamed the lighting storm. Hmmm…..
14. Air Conditioner went out.
• Called Front Desk and told me to reset the breaker for the AC. (It worked.)
• The problem is that it went out sometime during the day and when we came back from a hot day at Disney it was like an oven.
15. Not all outlets seemed to work.
16. One of the two key cards stopped working.
• Front desk reset it and told me to keep it away from my credit cards and cell phones. Hmmm…
17. We found a large red ant crawling along the bed near my 3 year old son.
18. The TV stands in the bedroom has doors that don’t retract inside the unit and thus stick out so that you can bump into them every time you walk by.
• Not really safe if you have a 5 year old and 3 year old playing around the bed.
19. I found a letter on the floor outside my neighbor’s door.
• It mentioned a welcome package. I didn’t get anything but a crappy room.
• The second letter for my neighbor mentioned $100 exchange promotion and I got $50.
• Obviously my neighbors were not owners and they wanted to suck them into buying into this resort.
20. I got a call for what I thought was going to be an owner’s meeting but turned out to be another sale’s presentation.
• I even had this list of items to discuss with the staff and other owners but they tried selling me another program which was “especially available only for us owners”.
• They were great but I just wasn’t in the mood to buy something where I was already disappointed with the resort. Also their reservation site that they were raving about didn’t work.
• I’ve been to many of these sales presentations and this was definitely below par. All resort sales presentations I have attended had better food selection and more variety of drinks. And their website actually worked.

Maybe all the people who had recently given this resort good reviews must have stayed in the model units because the unit I checked into was horrible. Perhaps they were not owners and the resort wanted to sell them ownership and purposely had given them the better unit. Whatever the case, if the other rooms were as bad as mine, this place is in dire need of help. Unless, of course they find a few suckers like me.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank DerrikAmmons
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We arrived on July 17, 2010 as an RCI trade in. We were a little leary when we checked in because the buildings and awnings were in need of cleaning. We checked in and were sent to building J. The courtyard had dirt with no grass or flowers, just dirt. We went upstairs to the unit to find a corroded and rusty stove, dingy looking bedspreads. A layer of dust sat atop the living room drapes. The chairs had dust on the backs.The tv stand had a thick layer of dust on it. The bathroom jets looked corroded. On our way out we saw a spider web with a bug in it in the corner above the door. We asked for a different room that might be cleaner. Security came witha key and took us to another unit that had a fake granite countertop that someone had spilled sugar on. The bedspreads still looked dingy. The living room had a 7 foot tear in front of the sofa. The jets in the bathroom still looked corroded. We checked out, and checked in to Star Island instead. Don't waste your timeunless you get their model room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I was worried about this place after reading other reviews here but we had a great time. The condo was spotlessly clean. The staff was polite and although we did get a sales call - they did not call again when we told them we weren't interested. The condo had everything we needed and we ate breakfast here daily. We didn't hang here tons since Disney was the main reason for the visit.The pool was clean and my kids loved it.

My complaints were mostly minor. NO Internet in the condo....this was a big pain. Not enough towl racks or hanging hooks for stuff in the bathrooms.

We would come back here!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Check in went very smooth, had to give a credit card and they put a $50. hold on it so I asked what is the $50. for and they answered for "any accidental reasons" I get all checked in, then was sent across the room to get my parking pass, which made no sence at first. then I was asked which felt like a 100 questions about who was in my group and if there would be a "MR" joining me.. because we were there for our daughters dance competition, I told the lady we had no time for anything other then the
competition.she finally gave me my car pass and off I went to find our Unit .. My daughter and I felt like we where in the slums of some city, I called my husband and told him I did not want to stay there and that I was going back to the Hotel in Disney. or I was going to call RCI to see if we could move to another resort, he told me just wait until he arrived. The courtyard outside our unit was a horrible mess there was trash over flowing in the barrel. dead palm tree I did not see one flower, inside the unit it was very clean but looks like the furniture was from the eightys. Now for the list of problems, the closet door in the guest bedroom one door did not open, the towel rack in the master bath fell off the wall, the shower door did not open or close right, the toilet was the loudest thing ever, as a matter of fact everytime a toilet was fluhed by another unit we could hear it, the walls seem to be thin, I could hear someone in the next unit snoring.. the air conitioner was very loud and did not cool the place to well,
the ceiling fan in the master bedroom was so loud that we could not use it. and off balance looked like it was going to fall from the ceiling.
the carpet had bubbles in it. the dryer took 3 hours to dry towels. and forget about the bed and pillows... this resort is in desperate need of renovation. if you belong
to RCI DO NOT trade into this resort...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family