Festiva Orlando Resort
$116
$98
$154
$139
Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$70
Clarion Suites Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$102
$94
$52
$44
Comfort Inn Maingate(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$85
$76
ComfortInn
Flamingo Waterpark Resort(Kissimmee)
$53
$49
Seasons Florida Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$68
$65
Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
$111
$108
$90
$55
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewswasher and dryerfull kitchenpool area was cleanliving areapots and pansone bedroom unitflat screennice sizezero entrybit datedpaper towelsdisney worldtimeshare presentationup to datepool and hot tubsea worldmagic kingdom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

The beginning of our Family vacation was 6-14. We arrived late on 6-14 and did get the upgraded room as we requested...we were thrilled with that:-) However it was short lived once we did our initial inspection of the room.

Whenever we stay somewhere our first instinct is to examine the bed linens. To our dismay there was blood on the duvet which was very unsettling. The front desk was immediately called and they did make their way over to change the covers.

After thoroughly inspecting the room we saw that the floors had not been mopped, the carpet had white spots on them which could have easily been spot cleaned. There was a ring around the jacuzzi tub and the jets were filthy. The ceiling fans were white with black dust all around the edges, food was encrusted on a few dishes, and there was a spill at the bottom of the refrigerator which could have easily been wiped off.

My mother who is an owner was highly disappointed with the severe lack of cleanliness. We had to go to the store to buy items to clean it ourselves before we could rest peacefully. We also stripped down the sheets and blankets and washed them prior to going to bed which did not happen until after 2am.

I can say that this place has a great location and I am glad that Festiva has spent money to update this place. Albeit if it isn't maintained & they don't hire people to clean rooms like they should be before the next guest arrive...the reputational risk to soon follow will result in a huge loss for this company!

A clean place to stay is far more important than an upgraded room any day. I surely will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Meka W
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I just returned from a 7 night stay at Festiva. This place is obviously an older resort, but you can tell renovations are being made. We were in an older unit with the tube tvs, so there were some nicks and scratches here and there on the furniture. However; the place was extremely clean, the beds were very comfortable and the 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit was very roomy. We had plenty of room to stretch out and stay comfortably with most of the conveniences of home. The staff were all very nice and I never had one person mention a sales pitch to me. A frequent traveler, especially to the Florida and Orlando area, I've stayed in quite a few places, from upscale 5 star full service hotels, to bed and breakfasts. I've also stayed in many Orlando condo units. I only saw the upgraded units from the pictures on this site, but it looks like they are in the process of working through each building. If you happen to get an older unit, and can stand a few chips and dings, it is def. worth it. The property is centrally located to the Disney parks. We left the Magic Kingdom parking lot and were back in our unit in 10 mins. The complex is small and quiet...a little off the beaten path, but still close to major shopping and restaurants. There is a Publix fairly close for groceries.

The pool area is very nice for kids and adults alike, the only complaint I have is the pool is way too warm for Orlando. It was not refreshing at all, more like a giant hot tub, but the whole area, is very clean and full of nice families.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

It began at check-in, they have a "guest" service area that gives out the parking passes after the desk assigns your room. Guest services is a miss-nomer, as there only goal is to book you into a timeshare sales meeting or in our case, an "owners update" - same thing. They became quite irritated when I politely declined to give up some of my families vacation time to hear their sales-pitch. After that, the staff was rude and non-existent. They have an upcharge for any cleaning or trading in of towels. It is close to Disney, but shuttle to the park? Sure for $11/per person/per trip. We spent 5 days in Disney, with 7 of us... you do the math. Outlandish! The walls were thin, heard everything the neighbors on all sides did. They allow animals which can be rather noisy. It should be a clue as to the resort that they don't even do their sales pitch on site. There is a pool, dirty, full of bugs, hot tub, set at 104 (way too hot). Kids playground was closed. Other activities were negligible. Oh, you can be a part of the gym for $10/day per person... wow, La fitness is like $10/month isn't it? Overall, we were not impressed. We had heard there was new ownership... Festiva (which we are owners in) ... they have a long way to go to make this a resort level property.

2  Thank Kevin P
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I am a timeshare owner with Festiva the company that manages the resort. I must say that upon arrival the grounds looked okay. The check in was speedy and customer service at reception was good. Upon entering the condo I was disappointed. I had requested a renovated unit. We were assigned to building "B". We had a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit. The furnishings/finishes were average at best. The appliances in the kitchen were white and the refrigerator had rust spots on the front. The living area had a dated, old couch with a tired palm tree design (noticed same couch was in the reception area). The master bedroom/bath was okay. The configuration of the bathroom and closet however were not very convenient. The louvered closet doors did not close smoothly. The shower was large but the door dragged and was hard to close at times. All the TV's were sketchy at best. The TV's in the bedrooms were not clear at all and no remote control to the larger screen TV in the living area. In order to have remote access to living area TV you had to take one of the bedroom remote controls in the living room with you!!! And the biggest disappointment was the screened in patio. Our unit was on back of building on ground level. The only view from the "patio" was a chain link fence that faced the main road. Also no view as right in front of patio was the air conditioner units for the whole building lined up and running noisily. The best thing about the resort was the location. It was on a relatively quiet road. About a mile and a half up the road was the main intersection on which there were numerous restaurants, souvenir shops and shopping areas. Disney World, Celebration and Old Town are all about 10 minutes away. Overall I felt the resort was average. It is not a "dive" by any means. I think the amenities could be compared to the average hotel. A lot of work needs to be done to bring this up to the average resort standard. That being said, I never saw the renovated units so maybe after all renovations are complete the place will be better. It is a good location if you want the convenience of kitchen facilities to save money on the overpriced food at some of the local attractions. I would definitely stay here again if I was guaranteed a renovated unit.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Detra P
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here because of a timeshare presentation. We had a two bedroom and we loved the space between the two bedrooms. The Master bathroom was very large with a separate shower and spa tub and the toilet had it's own room with a closed door. The Villa was lager and very clean. We would stay here again.