“Served its purpose for the price we paid, nothing special.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Festiva Orlando Resort

Festiva Orlando Resort
Ranked #66 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Miami, Florida
“Served its purpose for the price we paid, nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

here are the negatives...

1. Walls are paper thin.
2. Any type of room service or clean towels/sheets cost extra $.
3. Time share and sales pitch upon checking in.
4. Guard gate is only used at night but half the time the security guard isn't there.
5. Room furniture is VERY OLD and outdated ! (bedroom has a VCR in it).
6. Washer was broken
7. Garbage container is by stair well instead of away from building. Came back one night and was almost attacked by huge Raccoon eating out of trash on my way to our room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BIGBERT305

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
orlando, fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

Buyer beware. I was nervous about reserving but did anyway. Upon checking in my card was charged 200 instead of 50 for the security. The toilet didn't worked and maintenance came to fix it. The blanket was dirty with stains and the sofa was also dirty and looked like it would fal apart. These few things ruined it for me. I went and brought me a blanket from walmart to lay across the bed and covered up with my jacket. Long story short, I checked out a day early and was out 80 for the second night. It was that bad that I did not want to stay another night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jsmil7460

Travelers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

Leland, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

I stayed at Celebration World Resort for four nights in Room L31. I was in town for business training and desired a room with a kitchenette so that I could cook meals and save money. I was pleased with the amenities but not "wow"-ed. Here are (what I consider) some of the PROS:
1) Location was good for me. Off of the busy stretch but within a few miles of grocery stores, restaurants, Target, and tourist shops.
2) Kitchenette: all appliances worked well. There was a nice convection oven/microwave with removable rack, a two-burner stove, the freezer had an ice maker, small dishwasher worked well, and my favorite was the stacked laundry machines. Everything was in good shape.
3) Giant soaking tub. It was not jetted but was very deep and accommodated my larger frame just fine.
4) I had no problem with cell phone service.
5) Saw guests with pets so resort must be pet-friendly
6) Main living area and bathroom was tile.
7) Staff was very helpful and polite.
8) Complimentary internet is available in the lobby; two computers are available for guests but have a time limit of 20 minutes and will automatically log off.
9) Not one bug found in the room! Room was cleaned well too (except carpet...see "Cons").
10) Nice balcony accessible from the living room and the bedroom.
The Cons:
1) Paper thin walls. One night I had some rowdy young neighbors who admired foul language and loud music. When someone is talking down the hall it sounds like they are right in front of your door. Luckily they quieted down by 11 PM (the "quiet time" at the resort) and stayed just one night. You can hear when others flush the toilets- these are jet powered toilets, mind you.
2) Not much to do at the resort itself. There was a pool and jacuzzi that looked nice, but I was surprised there was not a fitness center or recreation room. Perhaps I just wasn't informed about them but I couldn't find one on the resort map.
3) My room had an odd inventory. I had one coffee mug, two juice glasses and two iced-tea glasses, etc. I found an inventory sheet which threatened that if I didn't turn it in within 24 hours of checking in, I'd be charged for missing items upon check out. So I did the sheet and walked it to the front desk where the lady said, "Wow, we don't even do these anymore. I can't believe this was still in your room!" But she did ask if I needed any items from the list- I got a toaster for the room.
4) No kitchen garbage can. I remedied this by tying the kitchen bag to the bathroom door. Not a big deal for me but some would be inconvenienced by this, I'm sure.
5) Outdated decor, TVs and furniture. This didn't bother me too much because they were all functional, just ugly. BUT the couch was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever sat on. Adding pillows from the closet helped a little bit.
6) Mattress and box spring did not match- looked like the $100 deal from the local "last chance" mattress store. Not very comfortable. It did have a mattress pad. I was disappointed that the pillows did not have zippered pillow covers separating them from the top pillowcase. I thought that was a bit unhygienic. Luckily I had my own pillow with me.
7) Bedroom carpet was nasty. Commercial grade that had probably never been shampooed. Two stains at foot of the bed. The carpet actually dirtied my socks. Ew! They'd have been better off doing tile throughout.
8) Construction at front entry of resort. This didn't bother me but might bother others. My room was at the back of the resort so I didn't really hear anything.
9) Some highway noise can be heard early in the morning.
10) VHS player in the bedroom, DVD in the living room. This was inconvenient for me because I wanted to watch movies in bed but could not because I brought DVDs. I suppose I could have swapped machines.
Overall the resort served its purpose for me. I had somewhere to stay within close reach of my training and I was able to save money by cooking and doing laundry in my room. I got this room for less than $60 per night on an internet site, which in my opinion is a very good deal for this type of room.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank starrwit
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

We had a large family gathering for Christmas and it served our purpose. Wished it wasn't always so quite....there were no activities for guests. Had a couple of maintenance probs and the maintenance personal were prompt in finding solutions...:)

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Camilledd
Jefferson
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

This place is so run down. Lamps don't work, couch lumpy (not pulled out even)
Cabinet doors don't even close (doors put on overlapping in kitchen & bathroom)
I would never of let that pass in my house. Cracks in tile floors.
I haven't been out of room to see rest of property yet (just got in last night).
Sure won't take tour of this kind of property.
Very unhappy RCI member.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Ruth F
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

We did not have as bad an experience as many of the reviews, but overall it was nothing special. The carpet was worn out in several spots, the couch may have been the most uncomfortable piece of furniture I have ever sat on, and the TV was old in '95. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were nice and large. Liked having the washer and dryer in room, but they were pretty small. The pool area was great for young kids. Biggest complaint was the lack of WIFI in the rooms! Didn't feel like sitting in the lobby to do work online, so this was a big hassle. I was surprised that they gave you no information in the room, no channel guide or other directions. Location was convienient to all the attractions, but other than fast food not a lot of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank kctapp
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

The hotel is an old hotel. Before we got there, over the phone they told us that we would have to be present in the room, for them to give service, due to problems with theft.
We never got towels changed, we had to wash them ourselves in the washer, and we were told that if we wanted the rooms to be cleaned or beds made, we had to pay $125 dollars per day. They had to come and fix, both sliding patio doors, which did not lock. They fixed them right away though. I would not recommend this resort. it looks like rci should take them of their list. This is the first time I exchange my time shares paying an additional $200 besides my maintenance fee. I was not happy with rci and celebration world resort In kissimmee, florida

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Ivan J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
Wyndham Cypress Palms
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,071 reviews
Florida Vacation Villas
Florida Vacation Villas
#41 of 58 in Kissimmee

Been to Festiva Orlando Resort? Share your experiences!