“semi-annual Disney Trip”

Festiva Orlando Resort
Ranked #60 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We have been staying at Celebration resort for a few years because we have a small dog. It is not gold crown but it is comfortable, and we can bring our pet. In fact we are going back in a few days. We normally end up with a small one bedroom with a partial kitchen. I am a cook so, i have not been to happy with just a partial kitchen but this time we have a two bedroom full kitchen. I do enjoy the pool area on our last trip minus the dog we stayed elsewhere and the pool area was not as nice as Celebration's pool.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Festiva Orlando Resort

Reviewed April 22, 2011

It was laid back which was good. Poolside entertainment was ping pong, was expecting a little more than that. Poolside towel service would have been nice. The staff was very professional and nice, kudos. The pictures online do not represent the actual resort, no frills in the rooms as pictured. I just don't think they clean as well as they could. Hair in clothes drawer (vac it out), 2 keycard envelopes left by previous occupants, stuff like that.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank trumsey
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Had two of us, two adult kids and 3 teenagers, 2 kids. The only complaint was about the lack of internet service. I have stayed here several times since I bought here before the buildings were built. I am concerned about the lack of progression in the plans we have been showed over the years. Seems to me not enough is being put back into maintenance and progression.
I was treated well by all and had no problems. I would like to know how they keep the glass shower doors clean, I have never been able to keep mine that clear.

Room Tip: good place to sleep while seeing the sites
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I will not consider celebration world resort as a resort. It is low grade motel. Its need major renovation. Room and hallway was dirty. Inside the room carpet was so dirty that you will lose your appetite. I will not go back again. However, staff was very friendly and helpful. Otherwise, I will checkout 2 days earlier. Security guard consider them as a NYPD or LAPD-dude you guys are resort security guard--just be cool with guests-

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chowaka
Reviewed February 26, 2011

Only needed to stay two nights and had no trouble making reservations. Stayed in a Senior 1 bd, which would be a little cramped for a family. The kitchen is very small but was fine for me since I didn't cook. Had washer/dryer which was great. The only drawback; this has to be the most boring resort in Orlando. No one at the pool, no activities and no where close to go without a car. But it is a nice quiet place to stay.
I have stayed here several times with my family and it has gone down hill the past few years. My wife would not be happy here so I stay by myself waiting for a update.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank frugel-traveler
Reviewed February 18, 2011

I used my RCI points to stay at Celebration World Resort and was so disappointed I checked out two days early.
I would not call this a resort. It has a pool, but it’s just a notch above a motel.
If you plan to spend anytime in the “resort” keep in mind that the rooms do not appear to have been upgraded since the 1980s. The furniture is scratched and or stained, you could feel the coils in the mattress, the TVs are small and not HD, there is nothing within walking distance and the rooms have no Wifi, so you can't use your computer.
Not everyone agrees with my perception. During my stay I met couples who have been coming here for years looking for warm weather. They were from Canada, Illinois, Ohio. If all you are looking for is warmer weather or a place to sleep in between Disney / Universal visits, then this might work for you.
I found ONLY one positive fact with this "resort," it accepts pets.
But despite the fact that I'm always looking for a place that accepts pets, this will not be one I will return to.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank miatraveling
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This was a great place for us to stay. We were able to get to Disney in just a few minutes each morning, so the location was great. There were 6 of us travelliing - two 70 year old grandparents, two 30 year old parents, one 35 year old uncle, and a 2.5 year old toddler. We rented two adjoining one bedroom units that were clean and comfortable. Sure, the couches were a little worn, the TV picture was a little fuzzy (we played a movie and it was perfect, so I think it was their cable reception) and the place wasn't brand new, but they never claimed to be a 5 star luxury resort. It was a bummer that they only had wifi in the lobby and not in any of the buildings. The heated pool/hot tub was a lot of fun. It was an affordable and comfortable place to stay. For the price, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family