“Great family resort”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Vacation Villas at Fantasy World I
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

The water park was really great. Better than I expected actually with a very big hot tub and tall fast water slides.
The villas need updating but was plenty of room for our large family. I would definitely recommend this resort for families.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Upon check-in our room unit was unavailable at the prescribed time of 4PM. The unit was ready at 5:10PM. The front desk clerk (Veronica) was very rude and unpleasant. She asked me how many people were in my party and after I took her she through the pool risk bracelets towards me on the front desk, then walked away, another clerk had to finish our check in. Later, n the week we requested two additional blankets for our grandchildren and Veronica refused our request. She said why should we give you additional blankets; the units have liens and blankets in them. I explained that our grandkids are sick and I would like two additional blankets, and she once again she refused. That same day Wednesday, there was a thunderstorm, which disable our cable TV. I called the front desk and maintenance came two hours later and advised they can not fix it and they do not have access to the room where Brighthouse have there equipment and it should be fix tomorrow. Well, it was never repaired and we checked out on Friday 11 Jull. This facility displayed the worse Customer Service I has come crossed in many years, and fails to meet the standards of Interval Internal and their members.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank MCFADDAW
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed here the weekend of July 4th. The resort was great for our two small children (ages 3 & 4). They loved the pool and lazy river…weren't too keen on the splash pad, but that's just b/c they don't care for them in general; most kids, I'm sure would love it. Our kids were too short to use the water slide, but my husband did and said it was great, even for him! The hot tubs were great as well. Very nice and spacious….even had an outside fireplace by it! Would love that in the cooler months!!! The free mini golf was another nice amenity. I'm glad it was free, b/c it wasn't a spectacular course..but good enough for our young kids. The condo, itself, was "ok". I didn't have high expectations and I'm glad I didn't. I've stayed in better and I've stayed in worse. We stayed in 3209 which was in the same block as the 3100's. These were very close to the pool area, which was great!!! We checked in at 11:00pm and the attendant was VERY busy, but he was great, efficient and very helpful. Upon checking out, I cannot say the same for the lady helping us. She was rude and also seemed annoyed to be helping me.

My biggest complaints were…

1. You can't bring outside drinks or food to the pool area. Kind of a pain with young children.

2. Supposedly the Activities desk opened at 9:00am, but when we got there at 9:15 to get golf clubs and balls, I had to walk around the property trying to find someone to assist us. Once I found someone, it turned out to be the activities director, and she seemed incredibly annoyed to be helping us.

3. There are 2 pool bathrooms and the one closest to the pool was locked (after the pool had already been opened for almost an hour) and the day before, when I had used it, it was in dire need of attendance.

4. The gates to/from the splash pad were so hard to open, that the life guard had to come over and jimmy the door open….as he helped me, he said, "story of my life"….so it was obvious this was a frequent occurrence and management had done nothing to fix it. How do they expect young children to be able to go in/out? No wonder it was always empty…

5. The condo, itself, could use a good, thorough, cleaning. It was clean for the most part (no bugs, etc.), but the upstairs, where the bedrooms are, just felt a little dingy.

Overall, we would probably stay there again. I booked through an outside source and so got a great rate. So, for the price we paid, the bonus of having the lazy river, splash pad and water slides made the stay fun for our little ones.

Room Tip: When you make a reservation, ask to be as close to the pool as possible (3100 block)
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Alicia Y
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The condo we rented was in a good location, there is no doubt about that. And that sums up the review.

The condo itself was poorly maintained. The floors upstairs were spongy, the carpet filthy and the pull out sofa bed was torn and held together by a safety pin. The AC barely cooled the place, most likely a result of a filter that was more dirt than filter. In addition, there were several places in the trunk line that just had holes in them.

The water park was nice for the grandkids - that is a benefit!

It would have been a trip that was just a learning experience, but we went to the sales pitch. Our salesman was honest with us and understood that the timeshare would not meet our vacation needs in the future. But one of the managers, in a flawed effort to relate, told us he was the pastor of a 5000 member church and a PhD in a scientific field. If a person is going to be that obviously misleading, he could at least have made an effort to make his apparent falsehoods believable. His cocky nonsensical attitude made the trip worse. Watch out for this place.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank revklm
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to vacation Villas at Fantasy World for three years now but this is the first year we went without going to Disney. We essentially used only this complex as our vacation and we were not bored. Plenty to do here! The pool area alone provided hours for the kids and the activity department really had some very entertaining stuff going on! The apartments are fantastic with routine bedbug inspections. We will always be returning here...with or without Disney!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jeff E
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

We spend the first part of our trip at a 4 1/2 star hotel so I think I had high expectations arriving here.....our condo was filthy nasty see the pics added....it was 80 in the condo when we arrived and not cooling down so we had to call maintenance(the fan motor was not working and is supposed to be fixed today this is our first day haha) They push push push you to purchase from them however it's so gross I would be embarrassed to invite anyone to come with us!!!!instead of spending so much $ on the club house they should've invested a little more in the condo where people actually have to stay. The bed was like laying on the concrete floor.....very uncomfortable. To sum it up I will NEVER be back

Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank Rn1013
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I've been coming here for 18 years! Recent upgrades A+ with the addition of a water park!
Well managed timeshare resort. Clean and staffed by nice people. Jose, the night desk clerk has been there for many years. He is wonderful!
Diana the manager is very competent and approachable.
Location is top notch at great crossroads of route 192 and 535.Close to all the Disney and Universal attractions.
Highly recommend:-)