I loved the Vacation Villas at Fantasy World I. My family and I had a wonderful time, and I will list all the reasons why...as well as why I took 1 star off.
1. We stayed here from Dec 8-16 and had a room right across from the pool. Upon driving to the resort, it looks like an outdated townhouse complex, nothing special, but once you go inside the townhouse, you see that everything is updated and spacious. It beats out many resorts in the area.
2. The whole pool area is fantastic! They have a lazy river that my son loved, water slides, one fast for the more adventurous and one slow, for the young crowd. They had cabanas all along the pool and jacuzzi areas. The jacuzzi was very large and had an outdoor fireplace, which was beautiful.
The zero entry pool was large, clean, always warm, and wonderful.
3. The bedrooms, bathrooms, and common living area were all clean, and I had no allergy issues or asthma acting up there.
4. The staff were all very nice & helpful with anything needed.
5. The fantasy surf which is on their property, my brother said, was one of the most amazing experiences, and my 6 year old son, had a blast doing it as well.
6. The free wifi worked surprisingly very fast, and I never had to call them about it.
7. Lots of fun and free activities to enjoy for kids and adults alike.
8. The steamroom and sauna are note worthy, as both were excellently maintained, and were a very nice bonus.
9. I like how this resort had everything centrally located. The activities, pools, lazy river, waterslide, sauna, jacuzzi, and steamroom were all right next to one another, no need for a car or a long walk with the little ones.
Now for the cons and the only reason I took 1 star off:
1. It's not a gated community, which is not a very big deal as I never felt any real safety concerns, but it would have been nice.
2. There were people out on many nights, hanging around outside their rooms seemingly chain smoking, and it did feel a bit uncomfortable walking past smokers with my son. It would have been nice if there was a designated area for them.
3. They called everyday about doing a timeshare.
4. The tv in the 2nd bedroom was, I believe, a 10 inch tv, super small, and perhaps useless. The room also had, what looked like 2 single beds, instead of 2 queens or 2 doubles, as you would get in most other resorts.
5. If you have elderly or handicapped people with you who may have difficulty going up and down stairs everyday, then this may not be the resort for you, because it is a townhouse style 2 bedroom/2 bath. Both bedrooms are upstairs along with 1 bathroom, and 1 smaller bathroom with no bathtub is downstairs with the kitchen and living room.
The pros far outweigh the cons though and I would highly recommend this resort to others, especially those with kids.
- Also Known As:
- Vacation Villas At Fantasy World i Hotel Kissimmee
- Vacation Villas Fantasy World
- Fantasy World Resort
- Vacation Villas Fantasyworld