“Who Would Have Thought? Many Reasons This is A Wonderful Resort!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kissimmee
Vacation Villas at Fantasy World I
Danbury, Connecticut
“Who Would Have Thought? Many Reasons This is A Wonderful Resort!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I loved the Vacation Villas at Fantasy World I. My family and I had a wonderful time, and I will list all the reasons why...as well as why I took 1 star off.

1. We stayed here from Dec 8-16 and had a room right across from the pool. Upon driving to the resort, it looks like an outdated townhouse complex, nothing special, but once you go inside the townhouse, you see that everything is updated and spacious. It beats out many resorts in the area.

2. The whole pool area is fantastic! They have a lazy river that my son loved, water slides, one fast for the more adventurous and one slow, for the young crowd. They had cabanas all along the pool and jacuzzi areas. The jacuzzi was very large and had an outdoor fireplace, which was beautiful.

The zero entry pool was large, clean, always warm, and wonderful.

3. The bedrooms, bathrooms, and common living area were all clean, and I had no allergy issues or asthma acting up there.

4. The staff were all very nice & helpful with anything needed.

5. The fantasy surf which is on their property, my brother said, was one of the most amazing experiences, and my 6 year old son, had a blast doing it as well.

6. The free wifi worked surprisingly very fast, and I never had to call them about it.

7. Lots of fun and free activities to enjoy for kids and adults alike.

8. The steamroom and sauna are note worthy, as both were excellently maintained, and were a very nice bonus.

9. I like how this resort had everything centrally located. The activities, pools, lazy river, waterslide, sauna, jacuzzi, and steamroom were all right next to one another, no need for a car or a long walk with the little ones.

Now for the cons and the only reason I took 1 star off:

1. It's not a gated community, which is not a very big deal as I never felt any real safety concerns, but it would have been nice.

2. There were people out on many nights, hanging around outside their rooms seemingly chain smoking, and it did feel a bit uncomfortable walking past smokers with my son. It would have been nice if there was a designated area for them.

3. They called everyday about doing a timeshare.

4. The tv in the 2nd bedroom was, I believe, a 10 inch tv, super small, and perhaps useless. The room also had, what looked like 2 single beds, instead of 2 queens or 2 doubles, as you would get in most other resorts.

5. If you have elderly or handicapped people with you who may have difficulty going up and down stairs everyday, then this may not be the resort for you, because it is a townhouse style 2 bedroom/2 bath. Both bedrooms are upstairs along with 1 bathroom, and 1 smaller bathroom with no bathtub is downstairs with the kitchen and living room.

The pros far outweigh the cons though and I would highly recommend this resort to others, especially those with kids.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank HonestMom0913

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Kissimmee, Florida
Reviewed December 21, 2012

let me start by saying we own a week at this resort,but have not used it to stay here in years we always used the week for exchange.

this year we went to our home resort from aug 10-17th. they had done alot of improvements like the new pool and water slides also lazy river all very nice.there is a new rec center as well as updated villas.

the staff are very nice and will do what ever it takes to make your stay fun and relaxing.
i think the best part of this resort is you can walk to many resturants and stores.there is a outlet mall just around the corner a very short drive.

you can't get much closer to disney about 3 miles and old town kissimme is even less.

oh one more thing the villas are town homes so if you have a person in a wheelchair they will have to sleep on the sofa bed and use the small 3 piece bath on the main floor.that person is me i can't go upstairs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank davsbabe
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Fantasy World Resort is really fantastic. The staff were very helpful and polite, and everything was just spot on :) we had an updated villa close to the main pool and reception (as requested via email before we arrived) we cannot recommend this place highly enough! Amazing :)

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank sallisalli
Hyde, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at the Fantasy World Resort for 4 nights in September. The villas are very well located and of a good standard. It is pretty much what you would expect to get, and it is ideal to walk out at night to eat, as The Olive Garden and Cici's Pizza are just footsteps away from the villas. We were a bit stunned by the resort fee of $50 we had to pay on arrival, which appears to be no fault of the resort, but of Travel Republic, who omitted the 'hidden charges' from the website booking page, so be prepared. The pool area is very good and the slides and childrens area very good. Do not under estimate the speed of the yellow slide too! Overall, very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank IMB100
New Zealand
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Dont confuse this resort with #2 which is located next door. This #1 complex has the lazy river and 2 storey condos with the screened patios.
We loved staying here and cant wait to return. We werent visiting Orlando for theme parks this time so wanted a resort with facilities to keep us and our 2 boys (12 and 15) entertained and this resort was perfect for that. We all spent hours at the water complex with the main pool, water slides and lazy river. All were free with the wrist bands issued at check in. Poolside cabanas were available for $40 per day but our unit was so close we didnt need one.
Pool bar was great with bar snacks available (fries etc) and karaoke 2 nights a week was good fun :)
Unit was clean and had everything we needed. Check in with Jose was a breeze.
We had a car and ventured out a few times to nearby stores - walmart etc all very close for food and supplies.
Awesome stay, we will def be back!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank sp0t
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place has many positive things going for it, but they are lost to several bad decisions being made by management. First of all, this is a time-share. So many of the units are owned by independent owners. Our unit was a 2 story 2-bedroom townhouse. For this reason, they are not all kept up the same. Pros: The pool is and water activities are incredible. The kids loved it. The location is perfect if you are going to Seaworld or Disney. There are thousands of restaurants and stores around you... if you have a car. Cons: Though they try to keep the units clean, they need renovation. Our particular unit had roaches running around the kitchen. Though we stayed for 4 nights, we were not offered a change of towels unless we paid an additional $8 per change. The beds were horrible. The mattress was ancient and broken. It was a cheap place to stay, and the pool made it worthwhile. However, we would not stay there again unless they fix up the condos.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgraded room, though you probably will not get one. Make sure you have your own car whe...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Eugene K
Florida
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We [husband, me, daughter] only live an hour away from Kissimmee/Orlando area, so have had quite our fill of theme parks, etc. When we booked our 2 nights at Vacation Villas [“VV”], we were looking for a resort that would entertain us on-site, without feeling the need to spend a fortune around town at the various attractions/parks. And we were pleasantly surprised! The resort was very nice, with a huge variety of daily activities, friendly staff, and clean and cozy accommodations. Not once during our trip did our daughter mention wanting to visit off-site attractions, which I think speaks quite well about VV. She even braved Fantasy Surf, the indoor boogie boarding arena offered to guests [which, by the way, was really cool and incredibly inexpensive]. I’d recommend VV in a heartbeat.

My suggestions?
I’d read a suggestion to request one of the renovated units close to the main pool, which we did. Am guessing our unit was renovated, as it was very modern. (The exteriors of the building look a little dated, but don’t let that deter you.) And we were close to the main pool. It was an easy walk from our side of the resort to the opposite end, but might be a little bit of a haul for families with babies/toddlers. Otherwise, my only suggestion is that you check this place out!

Room Tip: I’d read a suggestion to request one of the renovated units close to the main pool, which we did. A...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family